iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Been away for a bit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Been away for a bit
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to re introduce myself to the board here, and to any newbies that I might not have had the honour of getting to know yet.

I joined the Rewind in 2004 while looking for the name of a TV show (which turned out to be "Out of this World", and pretty soon made some great friends. The Rewind would be my little break from reality when I got home from TAFE or work each night.

The Rewind and the people here have been there for the big changes in my life - good things like gaining my diploma, my first real relationship (which is still going strong!), lots of friends who've come and gone or stayed... and the bad things like my struggle with depression, being outed publicly at work (although that led to my relationship so maybe it was a good thing), suffering homophobic bullying in the workplace...
A lot of the folks here that I call my friends were here for a lot of that.

People like Paul, Nick, Devo, Jessie, Riptide, Isis, Kevdug, Muffy, pettyfan, Kash, Mots, Noms, SammyHain, even way back to RocksteadyFlameThrower... and others were my internet friends before Facebook and the laughs, advice, trivia and general whatnots we've shared are invaluable to me.

I've stayed away from here over the last couple of years because a member was creating unpleasantness for myself and others who are no longer here, but I found myself missing the old place and couldn't resist coming back. I hope to get to know more of you a bit better, so if you're ever up for a laugh or wanna know anything about me, get in touch! I'm also on Facebook for anyone who wants to become friends on there.

And my new goal is to get to 4000 posts! Only a couple hundred to go...

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome back Stitch....just in time for the holidays!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you leave? Can't say I noticed...

Just kidding my old friend, its good to see you back where you belong!

Noms Groover [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
People like Paul, Nick, Devo, Jessie, Riptide, Isis, Kevdug, Muffy, pettyfan, Kash, Mots, Noms, SammyHain, even way back to RocksteadyFlameThrower...

Ahem...cough, cough...uh, is there someone you maybe forgot...

Where's the love Stitch? Just teasin'! But I have to agree, feels like you've been here the whole time [Big Grin] !

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Cindy of course, it's hard to remember all the fabulousness here!!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
And Cindy of course, it's hard to remember all the fabulousness here!!

Aww, thanks Stich [Smile] . I ain't mad atcha!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home