iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » 80's Halloween Costumes! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 80's Halloween Costumes!
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So who's dressing up this year?! Anyone going as an 80's movie character? I've never really thought about it until now, but for the past few years all of my costumes have been nothing but 80's! Last year I was "Teen Wolf" and in the past few years "Rambo", "Chucky" and my friends and I went as an 80's hair metal band one year. There are just so many possibilities, one more reason why I LOVE this decade.

However old you are, let's hear some of your 80's era-style costumes! (Past & Present)

Here is my "Teen Wolf" costume:
 -  -

This year my friend and I are going as "The Frog Brothers", EDGAR & ALAN FROG from The Lost Boys!!
 -

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim, totally love the Teen Wolf look, you did an outstanding job with it. Tell me that you van surfed your way to the party, oh but don't forget to stop off for the tasty brews.

"Give me a keg of beer.....and these."

In the past one of my friends had a costume party every year, some of my costume choices were Lloyd Dobler, Jake Ryan, Elwood from The Blues Brothers, Randy from Valley Girl, Donald Miller....oops Ronald Miller. But some of my favs from the parties were the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man and a few guys that did the group Devo.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't been to a costume party in years, but my Entertainment mag had an awesome looking Cobra Kai outfit from 80stees.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aruba4me
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6258

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Aruba4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to convince my 13yr. old daughter to dress up as an 80's chick this year! I found a ton of old jewelry in my case that I was cleaning out and it gave me the idea. It is primarily big, geometric shaped earrings of various bright, loud colors. Ladies, remember those? If you turned your head certain ways, the points from the shapes would dig into your face. I actually thought of throwing out the jewelry, but at the last minute I decided to keep it in a separate box. She, of course, said no on the Halloween costume, but I think it is a great idea! Post more pics!
Posts: 71 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha those teen wolf pictures are great.

it's halfway to halloween and i don't have a costume picked out. i'm supposed to dress up for my movie night and trick or treating with kids but i'm stalling for some reason...

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This year I'm either going to try and find a spiderman costume, but what I really want to go as is Iron Maiden mascot Eddie. I just need to find an Eddie mask and take it from there.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to dress up for Halloween, but haven't in a few years. I'm trying to get my buddy to have a Halloween party. Most of the time I dressed up as an 80's rocker and we hit the clubs in NYC....big surprise. It was easy though....I had most of the "costume" already.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite 80s-inspired costume was Elvira. Man, I starved myself to look good in that outfit!

A few years later I was Tommy Lee...pretty much had to starve myself for that one too.

A few years ago I had an 80s party in June and was Boy George. Now thankfully I could still be chunky and pull that look off - but it was 98 degrees and I was sweating my *** off !

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want to be really scary-looking, try dressing up as Michael Jackson! That might scare the parents more than the kids! [Smile]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim-That is so cool, I love your costume. Nice Legs! [Big Grin]

I love Halloween...but I have the hardest time coming up with a costume...because I can't wear alot of make up...or anything over my face...or have anything hanging off me, because of making the food, and getting in and out of the oven. So, this year since my theme is a Halloween Carnival, and I am doing glittery stuff...I am going to wear a blonde wig, and I got these cool candy corn earrings that are glittery and have clusters of candy corn. I think I am going to draw candy corn on my cheeks...and wear pueple glitter eye shadow, and I have a black shirt that says "Spooky", and it's glittery.

I found my husband a cool General's outfit from the Civil War.

I have been a Valley Girl and a Punk Rocker in the past.

I actually have an "Isis" Halloween costume. I did dress up like "Isis" years ago. But that is from the 70's.

Here's when I was Isis-6 years ago: (with my mom)

-

And oh...I was a ValleyCat....haha...I have no clue what I was thinking- [Big Grin]

-

Here's me and my husband from a few years ago:

-

[ 17. October 2008, 17:06: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mamamia-I think you'd look great as Ann Wilson for Halloween:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrxqqnIj2b4

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That funny cuz me and my friend used to dress up as Ann and Nancy all the time in the 80s. And not just on Halloween either!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
The photos I have seen of you...you remind me of her alot.

[ 19. October 2008, 18:48: Message edited by: ISIS ]

TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the comments on my Teen Wolf costume!

As I mentioned before, my friend and I this year are going as "The Frog Brothers" from LOST BOYS! I need some of your opinions on our costumes...

So here's my checklist of what I think this costume calls for:
- Headbands
- Army Fatigues
- GARLIC NECKLACES!
- Wooden Stakes
- Army Backpacks
- Black/Green Facepaint
- and maybe some water-guns filled w/ holy water...probably not real holy water though!

Anyone have any more tips to make this any better? Halloween is gonna be so rad this year, cant wait.
 -

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
It looks like the one Frog is wearing Dog tags.

I think you got it covered. One of your friends should be a vampire.

Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Frog Brothers are an awesome idea; sounds like a cool costume!

I was the Little Mermaid as a kid. This year I'm dressing up as Doctor Who, technically 80's since the show has been running forever, lol.

I wanted to be Linda from Evil Dead one year, but the resulting costume kinda looked like an Asian zombie, ha ha. But I got a white robe and covered it in blood; it was cool.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
QwikEVO
Rewind Curious
Member # 7494

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for QwikEVO   Email QwikEVO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you're going to do a costume, do it right - not half-***.

My Teen Wolf costume:

-
 -
 -

Posts: 3 | From: Wichita, KS (soon to be Anchorage, AK) | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha, that's better than it looked in the movie.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
WOW...That is awesome! Did you make that costume? Those are all great!
QwikEVO
Rewind Curious
Member # 7494

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for QwikEVO   Email QwikEVO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-Bought the wolf suit off eBay
-Had the jersey made at a uniform store
-Had the sister-in-law sew on the Adidas stripes/trim
-electrical tape for the socks
-bought old school Adidas high tops
-bought headband
-bought mask off of www.screamteam.com and glued hair to it
-bought wig
-bought basketball

All in all I pieced it all together. No buying a costume for me.

Posts: 3 | From: Wichita, KS (soon to be Anchorage, AK) | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
QwikEVO
Rewind Curious
Member # 7494

Rate Member
Another photo:

-

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha... Look at Humpty Hump.... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, here I am in full costume as Eddie from Iron Maiden....(Halloween 2009.) Came out pretty good I think. Happy Halloween! Share your costumes too!

-

[ 29. October 2010, 11:17: Message edited by: 80'sRocked ]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I actually have an IRON MAIDEN Eddie Mask (with long blue hair) and every year I swear Im going to be Eddie but since the kids are still pretty young I dont like putting masks on - I want to to be able to SEE everybody.

I was a bottle of beer this year.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love your costume 80'srocked! Awesome!
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home