iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Rock in Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2012

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rock in Roll Hall of Fame Class of 2012
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://music-mix.ew.com/2011/09/27/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-nominees-2011/

GNR yes, Cure yes, Joan yes, Chilis yes, Heart yes everybody else I dunno you or either I personally don't consider rap to be an inductable status for a rock n roll hall of fame. And as usual a true rock n roll talent will get shorted and a rap group/r and b group will get the nod.

Posts: 3842 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will be interesting to see which members of GNR show up.
Posts: 2111 | From: Kamp Komfort | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Motley.. some excellent groups that deserve to be inducted, but I think it is time to change the name from 'Rock and Roll' to just 'Music' Hall of Fame.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Jedi
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once again no mention of Deep Purple.  -

Happy for The Small Faces though.  -

Itchycoo Park

Posts: 1198 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Deep Purple are not in the Hall of Fame it is a joke. Only Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath can even make claims as to being the pioneers of hard rock.
Posts: 2111 | From: Kamp Komfort | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but, ll cool j is in thank goodness.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I think it should be just "Music" as well. But yes, Eric B. and Rakim would belong in it as well as the Beastie Boys. Very few of them I disagree with, but it's highly debateable. I think you need some guidelines. Eric B and Rakim were more Pioneers than mainstays. It's hard for me to think of what qualifies? Number of Albums? A certain number of #1's? One Great Album? 30 years of being "Ok"? If different is a qualification, the Chili Peppers and Cure are no brainers, but my question is, What makes someone a Musical Hall of Famer?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4160 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home