iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » New tv shows - Fall 2011 (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: New tv shows - Fall 2011
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I did Ronnie. I've seen episodes 2 and 3 since. Those ones have been less wacky, but better I think [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell on Wheels has not disappointed thus far IMO.
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love love love that Beavis and Butthead are back!! I especially enjoy when they make fun of the Jersey Shore!!
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo hoo! American Horror Story was nominated for a Golden Globe for best drama show and Jessica Lange was also nominated for her role in the show. [Smile]

I don't recall seeing Walking Dead on the list of noms..
but another new show that was nominated was New Girl, for best comedy of course.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what new shows did everyone end up keeping up with?

My list:

Revenge
Ringer
American Horror Story (I'm behind, but enjoying it)

Plus: I'm gonna give 'The Firm' a try

Returning Shows:

Pretty Little Liars
The Walking Dead
American Idol
The Voice
DWTS

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Val, I am with you on PLL, Walking Dead and Idol.
Funny, all the shows we started off watching at the beginning of fall, and we only stuck with a few? Ha.

AHS really got crazy, while Revenge stayed suspenseful and intriguing, yet Walking Dead was somewhat stagnant for it's first half of the season.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone watch Suburgatory? I've watched a few episodes on Ondemand. I caught the tail end of an episode a few weeks back and thought it looked good. It is a really cute and funny look at living in the 'burbs.
Posts: 2290 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, any of us that invest in new tv shows each year realize there is a risk that when we start to enjoy a show .. it might suddenly be cancelled or if we are little more lucky cancelled after the first season finishes. But it is hard if it is a show that you like and they so often leave us with so many unresolved loose ends.

click the link and hope you don't see a new show that you really enjoyed

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Mad] I love Ringer
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Helen .. I was fan of "Ringer" too! I really thought the show had found its groove toward the end of the season.

Same thing with Ashley Judd's "Missing" .. it started slow, but the last several weeks were fantastic. But I'm probably biased because Ashley Judd went to my college and I've always rooted for her.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

Wow.. it's like none of them had a chance?

Ringer got boring.. I had read that it was going to be canceled for a while.

Breaking In was canceled again. Sheesh...

The Finder was ok, I caught a few episodes. Harry's Law had a horrible time slot.. I am not surprised about most of these.

Val.. you are definitely biased.

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ronnie .. ouchy

That is a great point though about the shows not getting a chance. Unfortunately, it is all about ratings and it is sad that promising shows are cancelled so quickly. It isn't fair to the shows and it definitely isn't fair to the viewers that put new shows on their watching schedule.

The Networks all but beg us to check out these new shows .. then dump us if the show doesn't get a big enough audience right from the start. [Frown]

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

Shows I am going to try out:

New show on CW based on the super hero Green Arrow...

The new Dallas!

I'm going to finally begin Breaking Bad, there are a few rewinders that I know watch it, plus it's been recommended to me by several other people I know. I understand the show's 5th and final season is on it's way.

I think I might be done with the competition shows. [Frown]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home