iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » New tv shows - Fall 2011 (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: New tv shows - Fall 2011
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have only made it through 5 minutes of Pan Am .. just don't know about it.

Totally enjoying "Ringer" and "The Secret Circle". The second episode of "Ringer" was quite entertaining and far better than the pilot.

"Revenge" was wicked cool. I'm concerned that they are telling us too much too quick, but a great first episode to dangle the carrot in front of us. And Madeleine Stowe was just fantastic in my opinion.

I recorded "Terra Nova" .. but finding a couple of hours to watch it will be tricky.

And "New Girl" was just ok for me.. Liked the "Dirty Dancing" references, but overall I'm not sure yet.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the first episode of The Secret Circle, it was okish. Will give the next episode a go. Also watched the first episode of Ringer and really enjoyed that.

I'll definitely give American Horror Story a look if it's shown here.

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks as though Playboy Club is probably going to be cancelled really soon. It is not doing well. I gave it a chance, but even after the second episode, I just didn't like it. It feels like it is missing something.
Revenge was great.

Posts: 2290 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pitts.. Playboy Club needs to go.

Loving Revenge! I almost didn't watch it, because the previews didn't click with me for some reason. The first two episodes have been suspenseful. Love the character of Emily/Amanda.

Secret Circle has been just ok..hope it gets better.

Don't forget people... Walking Dead returns soon!!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
person of intrest is a awesome show
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Package- I am liking Person of Interest too! I love James Caviezel!
Posts: 2290 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

American Horror Story is on tonight on F/X. And Ronnie- there is a bonus episode of Raising Hope on Fox tonight.
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prime Suspect is awesome (don't remember if I said that before lol). Anyway, some of you were talking about the inevitable cancellation of Playboy Club...heard today on our local news that it's officially a goner.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best new show that I've tried is definitely "Revenge"!

Emily VanCamp is so brilliant as the girl that looks all sweet, but her desire for revenge trumps all else. Seeing Matthew Glave who played Glenn in "The Wedding Singer" still dressed in his best Don Johnson Miami Vice threads was such a surprise.

"Ringer" is my second choice .. not quite as good, but still very entertaining with some nice twists.

"The Secret Circle" had a great pilot episode, but has only been decent since. I did enjoy the ending of the last episode.

I'm gonna dvr "The American Horror Story" with hopes to watch it tomorrow night.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Colt 45
Master Rewinder
Member # 4940

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Colt 45   Email Colt 45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Blind and drunk Jehovas Witness preacher shaved his cat.
Posts: 124 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not loving Revenge.....I saw the 1st two episodes.....I think it's too much drama for me, and not unique enough....just my opinion.

but I did watch American Horror Story and it scared me! it creeped me out to the point I fell asleep and had a nightmare....thanks a lot scary show....and I watch a lot of scary stuff [Smile] it was different and unique.....i'll watch it and have nightmares again.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did any of you all watch American Horror Story??? I want to talk about it....haha

Ringer is getting pretty bad.....I can barely watch it.....I like Sarah Michelle Geller.....that's all that's keeping me....

I'm really loving Happy Endings.......it's cute and quirky.....

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched the pilot of American Horror Story, Muffy. That show is just all kinds of creepy but I liked it! I have so many questions though...what is up with the housekeeper and the guy in the black suit?? and then that scene in the basement with Violet too. I'm so confused, haha. Also, bonus points for there being a mention of Morrissey in it!
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American Horror Story isn't showing here until next month, booo.

I loved the first episode of Ringer but the second wasn't all that good [Frown] 3rd is on here tomorrow.

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
10 minutes into the 3rd episode of The Secret Circle and I've officially given up. Not wasting any more time on such mediocrity [Razz]
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Muffy, don't give up yet on Ringer. The 4th episode was excellent and will keep you guessing after the ending!
I am still liking Revenge. American Horror story was all kinds of scary, creepy and insane! I am assuming they will answer some of our questions further into the series. It seems like a very different show for Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton.
First new episode of Pysch season 6 was last night and did not disappoint with 80's references and lol humor! Darth Vader action figure, an old Chips episode, etc.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I loved the 3rd episode of Ringer [Smile]
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
My favorite new show is still "Revenge".. followed by "Ringer" which has gotten more interesting with each episode.

Muffy .. "American Horror Story" is a wild ride and definitely creepy cool. So much to take in and it keeps you on the edge of your seat because you just can't predict what is next.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
10 minutes into the 3rd episode of The Secret Circle and I've officially given up. Not wasting any more time on such mediocrity [Razz]

Same here...

And I look forward to Wednesdays, because of Revenge and American Horror Story. I love AHS because there is something crazy going on in every scene. Love it. Ringer is good, but it's sort of down the list on my favorite shows.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell on Wheels in 12 days!

http://www.amctv.com/shows/hell-on-wheels/about

American Horror Story would be a good show with a different cast of actors and actresses. Dylan McDermont is horrid lol. You know it's time for a change when Rubberman is the best actor.

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hi everybody!

So i've given up on Revenge it's just not my cup of tea.

Ringer i'm about to give up on.....it's too soapy.....do know that it takes a lot for new movies and tv shows to make me like them.....

on that note!!! I LOVE AHS....it's creepy scary....original. All day yesterday my buddies at work and I were trying to out guess the other at what it going on.....it really has us all going. That to me......is the sign of a great new show.

Ronnie it's wednesday!!! woo wooo [Smile]

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

So uhhh...uhhh... Beavis & Butthead... back on tv! [Big Grin] [Wink] Sorry, but I love it ha.

Motley, Hell On Wheels does look good!

Muffster, *sigh*.. you know I'm happy. [Smile]

Still lovin' AHS. It has just enough scandal going on in it, to satisfy me, ha.

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Motley, I agree about American Horror Story! I'm excited about Hell on Wheels. It looks promising.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Just watched the first episode of American Horror Story. That was...what was that  - Can't wait for the next ep [Razz]
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

Helen, did you really like AHS? Have you watched another ep? It's on tonight! woo!

My brother and Muffy got me interested in 2 Broke Girls haha, I am currently catching up on the show online. It's super cute. [Smile]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home