iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » I just met myself..uh, Cindy Mancini...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I just met myself..uh, Cindy Mancini...
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay so I had to get my license renewed today. I go to the DMV on my lunch break & as I'm sitting in front of the blue screen to have my new photo taken, I notice the name tag of the woman behind the desk...Cindy Mancini!! Seriously?!?! How random is THAT?!?

I was thisclose to saying, "Hey wait, you're Cindy Mancini? So am I, well not really, but on this 80's movie message board after an actress by the name of Amanda Peterson who played Cindy Mancini in one of my favorite 80's movies..." and then I realized the lunacy of me trying to explain and so I looked again at her tag & chuckled to myself & thought, I'll save this story for my buds over at the Rewind [Wink] !

It was like License To Drive meets Can't Buy Me Love all in a matter of moments! So great! LOL!! [Razz]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that was bizarre. You know, that lady probably wouldn't have gotten "it"- all of those people who work at the DMV are so unpleasant and miserable. Cindy Mancini- meet Cindy Mancini! lol
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buy a PowerBall ticket for tomorrow night. Perhaps there is more synchronicity in store for you this week. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
It was like License To Drive meets Can't Buy Me Love all in a matter of moments! So great! LOL!! [Razz]

Cindy .. that is an awesome description of the incredible 80's experience you had today. What a fun moment for you! [Cool]

Thanks for sharing it!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Perhaps there is more synchronicity in store for you this week. [Smile]

I hope you're right Crash!

Glad you guys enjoyed my story [Smile] ! I knew you'd "get it." [Smile]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure it happens all over the place really.....

I mean, there's a high probability that pettyfan has met a namesake plenty of times, especially if they mingle with fans at Tom Petty concerts.

And when Valley goes on vacation, it ain't all gonna be hills, is it?

Pittsburghgirl must be falling over them all the time!

I hope Crash never meets himself.....

[ 12. August 2011, 05:46: Message edited by: P_a_u_l ]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You never know, P a u l. My handle is the title of a David Cronenberg film about folks who enjoy car crashes. I could secretly be one of those people. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday cindy Mancini....but not...but yes....but always to us [Smile] love ya kidda xxxx
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home