iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Any music lovers out there.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Any music lovers out there.....
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very good friend of mine has, after a very long and difficult journey, just released her first commercially available album.

Don't Tell The Jazz Police is a collection of Jazz standards and original material by Tina Oldham, and is available both on iTunes and also on CDBaby.com.

Now you could say I'm biased because she's my friend (and you'd probably be right) but Tina has a wonderfully soulful voice, and the tracks on the album suit her voice perfectly. Add to this some excellent musicians, first-class production values, and a mixture of styles, and the result is a beautiful album.

Please - go check it out, and if you like it, buy it and tell others! Also, if you like it - tell me, and I can make sure that all of your feedback gets passed on to Tina.

The album can be found HERE

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul.. I will definitely check Tina's stuff out when I get home tonight. My quick search of itunes on my phone came up empty, but I'll try through my desktop computer later.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She has a good voice, P a u l. Nice jazz stylings!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not bad..her voice is good. A bit too mellow for my taste though..I'm just not a big smooth jazz guy.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay.. I just listened to all of the samples of the tunes and this normally not my kind of music.. but Tina's last two tunes are wicked.

"Love Me or Leave Me" is fantastic and "Blue Skies" is just flat out fun!

Thanks for sharing.. and great write-up on the site Mr. Shrimpton. [Smile]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home