iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Is Jennifer Love Hewitt really the worst actress?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Jennifer Love Hewitt really the worst actress?
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennifer Love Hewitt is the worst reviewed actress since 1985, according to a statistical analysis by Slate.com and based on reviews from RottenTomatoes.com.

JLH is OK in my book, not great but certainly not the worst. I mean, when you look at that list; how is it that Madonna is in at #3? She's made about one decent film in over 25 years!

Mena Suvari was second; I've only seen three Mena Suvari movies, but apparently, none of them were any good according to the critical consensus on RT.COM.

Chuck Norris was named worst actor, probably less so for his tedious movie career but if only to put an end to those lame 'Everything-Badass-Is Chuck-Norris' jokes. Norris should have called it a day when he acted opposite Bruce Lee in 'Way of the Dragon'!

Post your favourite JLH films here, I'm guessing anyone who manages to make a list will just arrange the following films in a different order...

1) I know what you did last summer
2) I still know what you did last summer
3) Can't Hardly Wait
4) Trojan War

[ 16. June 2011, 16:21: Message edited by: Kash ]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heartbreakers.
Garfield. (yes I know, but she's cute and Bill Murray was funny)

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Norris rocks!

Hewitt is lovely, gotta check out Trojan War soon.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's not the greatest actress but she is by far the worst. Great to look at though.

Chuck Norris is definitely a B-grade actor but he makes up for it with his excessive amount of roundhouse kicks used in his movies. The king of B-grade movies. That's a compliment, I think.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I've seen her in a film, just in that miserable Party of five show.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, the whole cast thought they were going somewhere and then boom....crash and burn.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you mean 'crash & burn' as Matthew Fox crashing on a deserted island and become a huge star in the tv series "Lost" then that makes sense. Sorry it was there .. I had to take it.

As far as Jennifer Love Hewitt.. she has had a great career when you truly look at it compared to many actresses and to call her the worst seems lame to me.

I totally agree with Paul on the underrated "Heartbreakers" that also starred Sigourney Weaver, Gene Hackman and Ray Liotta. If you haven't seen it.. you need to give it a chance.

And "Can't Hardly Wait" is an incredible teen movie, but not necessarily because of Jennifer Love Hewitt.. so I'll stick with "Heartbreakers" as her best.

"I Know What You Did Last Summer" is totally played out with parodies etc these days, but I remember it doing well upon release.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate when people misuse statistics. It's a non sequitur to argue that because you are in a bunch of badly reviewed movies, ergo you are a bad actress. Maybe you have have a bad agent who gets you bad roles. [Smile]

That said, whiie I am not a big fan of Ms. Love Hewitt, she's hardly the worst around. She's passable and tends to shine brighter on the small screen. Tara Reid, Lindsey Lohan, and Megan Fox are certainly worse by anyone's definition of "acting."

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where's the whole list about the worst actors and actresses?
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually might have to agree...i don't know if she's the worst..but she is pretty bad. I've only seen a small handful of her films, so I guess I can't judge too harshly. But of the films I saw, she was pretty bad in all of them. I'll make a wee list of films I've seen of hers to better clarify...

1. I know what you did last Summer - The plot of this movie is almost as laughable as the title. Though JLH's acting performance in this film is almost Oscar worthy when compared to the horrid acting of her co-stars. this movie is terrible...but sadly, probably JHL's best.

2. Trojan War - Gotta give her credit for at least "trying" to pull off the part of a unpopular tomboy outcast in this film. Though she fails miserably at this task, it's her co-stars that save her from oblitheration in this film and generally makes this film enjoyable at all...even if it is a blatant "Some kind of Wonderful" rip-off.

3. House Arrest - Yes, JLH was much better and cuter as a pre-teen actress. And i'm saying that in a completely non-pedophile kind of way.=). No real acting skill went into her role for this movie. She was just being a normal bratty kid. So therefore, this was easily her most believable role. But again, it was her co-stars that made this a pretty decent and somewhat enjoyable family movie.

4. Can't Hardly Wait - OK..in all honesty...JLH is hardly even needed in this film. They could have replaced her with ANY other actress and it wouldn't have made a difference. She had virtually no chance of recognition amongst such a cast of so many truly funny and talented young actors in this film. She's swallowed up like a gopher to a boa constrictor in this movie.

So...there ya go...all the preceeding movies I mentioned are all alright movies. But NOT because JLH is in them. In fact, that's the only downfall of most of these movies. So yeah, I guess you can tell by now I'm not the biggest JLH fan. But, that's my two centa..do with it what you will.

[ 10. June 2011, 13:22: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like her. i think she needs to take on a gritty role, something like a exotic dancer maybe...
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love and own the movie Heartbreakers. i thought she was silly/cute/snobby in it. [Big Grin] good role and movie haha.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if they ever made sin city 2, give her a role as one of the girls of old town. it will work
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tsk tsk tsk...picking on poor Jennifer again. I think she's a sweetie....seems humble and nice. And I've not hidden my love for Jennifer in the past...she one of only a few girls that my wife said I could kiss if I ever had a chance (Beyonce and Brooke Burke being the other two)....my wife doesn't give me enough credit....I think she'd kiss me.....I know it....... [Frown] I actualkly like Ghost Whisperer too!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ghost Whisperer is one of my fave shows. She isn't a bad actress IMO.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jennifer Aniston is somewhere in there too on my list. Chuck Norris as worst actor mppppph. He helped conceive Shakespeare.
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Faith No Motley:
Chuck Norris as worst actor mppppph. He helped conceive Shakespeare.

Chuck Norris was William Shakespeare's father?

That's a even bigger reveal than the whole Luke / Darth Vader thing.....

[Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why they picking on JLH, she is not that bad, JLO, Mariah Carey anyone? But I agree that she needs more dynamic, edgier roles. She should try to get in a gritty crime thriller, maybe as a police woman or even a villain.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Again, you all know my love for the girl, however, she really shouldn't pull her hair back...just saying....dem er some big ears she's got there!! Ditto Faith Hill....leave the hair long girls! OK...that was mean...I'm going to H*LL!!!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so Muffy watched Heartbreakers.. tell me Muffy, wasn't it cute? i love Jason Lee in that movie too!

and i swear, JLH is not the worst actress.. someone mentioned Megan Fox.. umm, now that's a bad actress!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnster!! yes I loved it! I woke up on the couch at 4am in a daze but then couldn't go back to sleep...Heartbreakers was on so I was like "oh my girl Ronnie's movie" it kept me awake and watching...loved Sigourney (a little reminiscent of Working Girl) Jason Lee was great! and i'm with you and EA, JHL isn't bad.....I like Ghost Whisperer....hehe....totally agree on Megan Fox....she's beautiful but in that trampy.....kindof used dirty way....oh yes (hand to the mouth) I just said that [Big Grin]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you heard her sing shes amazing!
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
she has really nice eyes too.
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, she is not the worst.
Heartbreakers is one of my favorite non 80s movie.
There are lots of overpaid actresses out there who suck.
Chuck Norris is okay in my book...he's not David Caruso.

Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home