iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Horror Movies of all Decades (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Horror Movies of all Decades
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
motel hell is coming on in the near future on the mgm channel. im gonna watch that one as well as orginal chainsaw

should be a interesting comparison

how come there are hardly any women around these days that have that similar look like agutter and those you mentioned.

if anybody knows a place where you can find women, like those in the first four friday the 13th movies, let me know

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jack Gannon   Email Jack Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My opinion is this, about women before and women now.

The women around now could still look like ones from the past. But there is a great desire for women to be the same as every other girl rather than sticking out. So you have alot of women doing thier hair the same, and dressing the same. And acting the same, rather than talking normaly and having a personality you have a lot of girls who are making fools of themselves so they can be more likable.

Fitness where women have always tried to stay in shape, back then women would shoot for a certain body type a small amount of fat but with no jiggly parts, where as today they are skinny & beyond. I won't lie to you, fake breasts do not put me off, but women today are more obsessed with surgery they don't need. Where as back then women were more natural.

I'll tell you the real problem, women are only cattering to yuppie A holes who wouldn't know a real women from a box of frosted flakes. You know these types of guy, they are the same ones you see in movies today, trying to act like they are delta house when they are clearly a Greg Marmalard in Bluto clothing. These knucleheads convince hot girls they need to be skinnier and that small details like their boobs are uneven is a major turnoff. These are not real men! Uneven boobs are great! Women if you are out there, and you hear me. Don't go for superficial Chowderheads, be unique, imperfections are somtimes more sexy.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if your interested try to watch motel hell and the orginal texas chainsaw massacre by next friday, that will be the first review night.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jack Gannon   Email Jack Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, Never seen Motel Hell before. But it is suppose to be on televison somtime.
Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
Well I watched Motel Hell, I thought it was alright. A lot of good jokes, "My hole life has been a lie, in my meat I've been using.... Preservatives" Rory Calhoun and Ballbricker were both good. Still the movie lacked a an energy until the end.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Motel Hell is OK. I remember when I first saw it in the theatre, I really hated it, but over time, I've come to think that it's not bad. And that line is terrific...
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i thought the motel hell was decent, couldnt help to laugh at all of ratzenberger's scenes and the irony of his vocal chords being cut after watching many episodes of cheers. still as normal on the surface as the two antagonists were they're real craziness still was no match for the chainsaw clan. i did really enjoy the chainsaw duel and the wolfman jack cameo was funny. nancy parsons did a good job as a ghoulish igor like sidekick. not a scary movie, not scary in the sense of being afraid to take the wrong road like in chaisaw, this one is more like a dark comedy, if thought of as such, you would get a few laughs
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
any suggestions for the next one?
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was always a fan of the gorier, more comedic movies of the 80's, though i love the slew of early 80's horror movies that came out after friday 13th blew up(terror train, blood beach, my bloody valentine etc..)

i recommend:
re-animator
redneck zombies
basket case I/II
phantasm II
brain damage
hellraiser II
evil dead I/II
night of the demons

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
ok next friday we will discuss hellraiser parts 1 and 2 so anybody interested in getting in on the chat please make arrangements to watch these by that time. good suggestion xcha!
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
more people keep mentioning Re-Animator.. it totally has me wanting to see it soon. [Smile]

Motley just sent me a note saying John Carpenter's The Ward comes out next week! i've been waiting to see this one.

and i saw Texas Chainsaw Massacre II was mentioned in here, i actually like that one a lot!

one series that i need to see is the Hellraiser series. i haven't seen the first one in so long, i barely remember anything and i definitely don't remember the sequels.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Motel Hell was just funny to me for some reason..I definitely am still a fan of the Hellraiser movies though. Well, the first 2 at least.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
hellraiser one and two, good films, unique horror film that is alot different from its peers and contemporary movies as well, personally i found the vagrant to be the scariest character. i like dr chenard on the second, i thought pinhead seemed a bit irrelavant in the sequel, frank and julia were great in both, i liked the special effects in these as well, i thought andrew robinson did a good job as well but he really took off when he started playing frank, which makes me think they should have went with him as frank from the begining, at points its difficult to tell if the cenobytes are out and out bad guys looking to give everyone a hard time or just torturers of the wicked on a mission of justice, if they are truly evil then why not go after the catatonic girl?

anyone else find the hospital in the second to be a creepy place as well?

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
so what is the next movie?
Adam Juhl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 10024

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Adam Juhl   Email Adam Juhl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the Lost Boys not too long ago and I've just bought it.

The Lost Boys is pretty much the only vampire movie that i've enjoyed.
But I'm not sure wheter I should watch the sequels

Posts: 61 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2011 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just thought of another Aussie film that hasn't hitherto been mentioned.

Howling 3: The Marsupials.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lovers with Cassie,

Does this movie involve werekangaroos and werewallabies?

Please don't tell me that it does [Smile]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
were-koala bears
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you're joking dude..It wouldn't really be scary would it [Wink]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
instead of transforming into a scary beast, its a transformation into something cute and cuddly

the kids will love it, we'll slap it on some lunch boxes and sell a million!

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home