iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Worst Sequel Ever (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Worst Sequel Ever
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I am going to Strongly Object.

Major League 2 has some of the greatest quotes in Baseball Movie history. Maybe we need to see it again. It's great. As a matter of fact, I own that one and NOT the first.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like randy quaid in it.

ah, they will just blow it in the playoffs.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Devolution here,

I am going to Strongly Object.

Major League 2 has some of the greatest quotes in Baseball Movie history. Maybe we need to see it again. It's great. As a matter of fact, I own that one and NOT the first.

We are DEVO

I honestly couldn't sit through 2 again. Maybe we need to buy the original [Big Grin]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought highlander 2 would get alot of votes

how about alien ressurection?

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Sting II (1983)
Jaws 3D (1983)
Jaws: The Revenge (1987)
Troll 2 (1990)
Highlander II: The Quickening (1991)

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
i thought highlander 2 would get alot of votes

how about alien ressurection?

I liked both!

Alien 3 was one of the worst IMO, if only because of the way they just wasted Hicks and Newt in cryosleep. And worse still, Ripley spends the whole movie stuck on some prison planet with no hair, no guns and Gaffer the Tetley Tea guy!

Grease 2...obviously
Ace Ventura 2
Batman & Robin
The Next Karate Kid

[ 11. May 2011, 21:02: Message edited by: Kash ]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terminator 3 & 4

My reasoning being is that I am a massive fan of the first two but more so the first one and I waited ages for sequels that should have traveled down particular paths and failed to deliver. Many true fans of the series would have been majorly disappointed.

I don't even consider 3 and 4 part of the series. 3 was definitely the worse one, but 4 sucked too.

Another one for the books:

Teen Wolf Too,

As a young kid I didn't mind it actually but have watched both fairly recently. I still think the original is classic but TWT is terrible.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
teen wolf too - jason bateman, i cant stand that guy.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I got nothing against Bateman but the movie just sucked. Plus he ended up looking like a chipmunk instead of a wolf. They copped out majorly on the make up in that movie. In the original they actually show quite a decent lycanthropic transformation, but in 2 they don't show an on camera transformation. Even if they did though it wouldn't have redeemed this movie but it would have helped.

I certainly haven't got anything against his sister. She was so hot back in the 80's. Ooh lah lah.

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i thought his sister looked great too, heard alot of jokes on the contrary. her and daphine zuniga

speaking of werewolves, i thought the wolfman on the monster squad was one of the best

what do you think lomax

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Anyone who says she is not hot is crazy and she is hotter than Zuniga too, but Zuniga is still very nice, but needs a nose job(haha).

Believe it or not I have not seen The Monster Squad. I have actually never heard of it. Is it worth watching?

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
its all right, dont expect a great horror movie, kind of a horror comedy like return of the living dead, kids are the protagonists, but good visuals and decent story
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
It definitely doesn't sound like it's up my alley. I have never been able to get into those horror/comedy flicks.
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jack Gannon   Email Jack Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Major League 2 was alright.

Caddyshack 2 was good, Though I think the thing that killed Caddyshack 2 was the fact that it was a sequel to Caddyshack. Other than the goffer and the name of the golf club there is nothing linking the two together. They should have just made it an unrelated movie. Oh yeah I forgot about Ty Webb, but then agian why couldn't the character play at multiple golf clubs?

Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jack Gannon   Email Jack Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a stand alone movie, Caddyshack 2 works.
Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
They should have called it somthing else, because it had neither the caddies nor the shack in it.
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
"Alright hunchbacks, now listen up."

Yeah, the movie made a point of firing the caddies right at the start.

Caddyshack 2 - I can understand why people don't like it and understand why people deem it as pathetic, but the dialogue in that movie is priceless.

"My wife and I spoke to several of our members, and we both feel that after tonight it might be better if you didn't visit the club for a while."

"Whadda ya mean, for a while?"

"Forever! Actually."

Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This discussion for me begins and ends with Jaws: The Revenge. Since when do sharks roar? This whole movie just smacked of being a greedy attempt to keep a dead franchise alive. Surprisingly, I have not seen Jaws 3-D but it is on my Netflix queue. Dare I bump it to the first spot on my queue?

3 Ninjas: High Noon at Mega Mountain was also atrocious. Then again, the entire 3 Ninjas franchise was terrible to begin with. I'd much rather watch the movies they ripped off, The Karate Kid and Home Alone. Victor Wong was like the poor man's Pat Morita in these movies. And exactly how was he supposed to be the kids' grandfather when the parents didn't look the least bit Japanese? Wong wasn't even Japanese to begin with.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge also ranks high on my most hated sequels. I've never seen a lead character that was so wimpy and who I wanted to see die more than Jesse Walsh. Thank god Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors turned the series around and set it on the right course.

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Zach, Jaws 3 sucks big time. I would only bother so maybe you have a perspective of which Jaws movies are worse.

As I've said previously in this thread:

It starts off well and gets progressively worse.

1: Is a masterpiece of cinema
2: Sucks
3: Sucks big time
4: Have you got a spare couple of days to hear my opinion on this one?

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I can't believe nobody has mentioned this, but more so I can't believe I haven't mentioned it.

Weekend at Bernies 2 sucks hardcore.

The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i actually think nightmare 2 is good, i made a post about it before under the last 80's horror movie watched board.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This discussion for me begins and ends with Jaws: The Revenge. Since when do sharks roar?
You just made it sound 1000 times better than it was.

"People come and go, and sharks have got nothing to do with it!"

quote:
Weekend at Bernies 2 sucks hardcore.
And yet it shouldn't have. It took some talent to write a script with the same ingredients as the first and make it suck that bad.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i would say freddys dead was a turd of a movie
Adam Juhl
Senior Rewinder
Member # 10024

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Adam Juhl   Email Adam Juhl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Childs Play 2
Posts: 61 | From: New Zealand | Registered: Oct 2011 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (1997)
Queen of the Damned (2002) - sequel to Interview with the Vampire
Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004)
Big Momma's House 2 (2006) and Big Mommas: Like Father Like Son (2010)
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (2009)

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home