iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Did anyone watch The Voice? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Did anyone watch The Voice?
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm actually watching it on ondemand......

I may be liking it better then American Idol..

what's totally cool and I had no clue!! surprised I didn't read about it???

One of the singer Vicki Martinez is from up here and i've actually seen her play at a coffee shop here! She has a great voice and I hope she goes far with it!!

Any thoughts? I love how the judges can't see the contestants, then they get to duke it out over their favorites.

and Frenchie's singing made me cringe......it was bad......really wish she hadn't got picked??

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched and really liked it. Loved the dude singing Time After Time but can't remember his name. I think Adam has the best team so far.....I'm hooked.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it and I really liked it.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i didn't watch it, but i heard Fox went through great lengths to sabotage the premiere.. however, i don't think that worked?

they ran Glee's episode for an hour and a half to carry over into the Voice's time slot, plus, American Idol allowed Pia Toscano to peform on DWTS, which they never let someone from the top 10, out of contract to perform anywhere else.

i saw a clip of the show, was it really that good? it didn't appear to be anything special. maybe i will tune in next week.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie I ended up watching it on ondemand! I was like hmmm i'll give it a try........I seriously think you should for me [Smile] cause it was pretty cool and about their talent.....i'd love to know what you think.....you should even just watch some clips online.....here is the girl from my area:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xifm4u_the-voice-vicci-martinez-audition-rolling-in-the-deep_shortfilms

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, i'm in Muffy. [Smile]

wow that chick was awesome...she sang it better than Haley on Idol. and i know that the media has spoken badly about Christina's weight gain, but i actually think she looks great now.. beautiful, even.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nice! I'd love to hear what you think Ronnie......especially because I am a tough critic and I liked it.

To have PettyFan and Kev say they really liked it says alot also!

Heard from someone today that Vicci said she wouldn't do American Idol because she was afraid she would loose creative rights and didn't want to sing herself over to them then.

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've faithfully watched American and Canadian Idol since they began....the only shows I really ever faithfully watch. The second episode of The voice was pretty good....they have some great singers. * Ronnie....I agree re Christina.....lookin' good to me [Eek!] !
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking forward to seeing who the coaches will eliminate next week. Also, I've come to the conclusion that Blake Shelton is a smart azz...I can't convince my mother of this though LOL...she just loves him.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
The battles last night were awesome to watch!!

You could feel the competition between the singers it was powerful seriously........I really think Blake made a MISTAKE! Did he really pick the boring country guy???

I really am rooting for Vicci Martinez......the girl is just awesome!!

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Has anyone been watching? I know Valley and Ronnie are trying to catch episodes [Smile]

I just watched the battles part 2!

It really gets me going....because the judges are so different, and the songs they pick for their contestants are so different....it really keeps me interested!

ok Blake Shelton is a bit of a country bumpkin.....i'm not that much of a fan....and last week I seriously think he made the WRONG choice....Tyler was soooo much better!

Cee lo's team is really cool so far!

I also wouldn't have picked Beverly??? she comes across so full of herself in her voice and stage presence i'm not a fan and for that guy Justin to not even know 'Baba o' Reilly' and rock it, he should have went forward!

http://www.nbc.com/the-voice/video/week-four-battle-beverly-mcclellan-and-justin-grennan-sing-baba-oriley/1327976/

any thoughts gang? I've got no one to talk to this about hahah

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
I've been watching Muffy....I really like it. I think Adam has the best team. For "Battles Part 2" I agreed with most of the judges picks, but like you, am not a fan of Beverly (for the same reason). I'm not a big Frenchie fan either....kind of an underdog trying to jump start a career, and I feel for her, but I just no likey. I wonder if Adam's pairing was pretty intentional, in terms of axing the girl early....she was OK, but not really a contender. To put her against that dude (can't remember names....dude who sang Time After Time at the audition)...it was kind of like a guaranteed loss and not a fair "fight".

* On a very side note....there's a girl on Adam's team that looks like Jessica Alba...OMG she's beautiful!!

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Anyone still?

Vicci is rocking!! her voice is beautiful! and honestly Dia who I thought I wouldn't love has blown me away although I really liked the other girl on Blake's team....oh well....I honestly like watching this more then Idol...I like the songs they get to pick better and the judges heart seems way more in it....!!

oh andddddddddd......I would have never known about CeeLo but dang that little guy has grown on me! [Smile] so cool.

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy..

I'm loving "The Voice".. I think Vicci has a chance to win it all.. but my new fav is Dia Frampton. She caught my attention with "Heartless", but her version of "Losing My Religion" was just amazing! I actually download it from itunes.

Can't wait until next week.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

I've seen it off and on. The last one I saw was the guy that sang Fix You by Coldplay. I don't care for their music, but that song is awesome.

I will try to pay closer attention!!

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watch this clip Ronnie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-d0q24jE7s

like they'd ever let a person sing Florence and the Machine on Idol? [Smile] ......like they'd rock it like Vicci....she closed the show that night!

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'The Voice' finals are Tuesday at 9pm EST. The results will be announced Wednesday night!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Wow......6 or so great singers in the competition....I can see at least 4 with decent recording careers. Liked Javier from the beginning but thought it may have ruined the show a bit, meaning that from the first episode, you almost could have said Javier was going to win, he was that good....which kinda eliminated the suspense. Now, I think there are three potential winners....Javier, Dia, and Vicci. Beverly kinda grew on me (didn't like her at first), but now presents as a bit more humble, which makes her more likable for me.

Dia became a quick favorite for me...very cute, and I liked her last two song choices, especially her take on Losing My Religion. A slight issue when I looked up her songs on youtube....she has like a billion other songs already on there...some in a professional capacity...even a song where she does the exact same clapping riff she used for "Religion", which I thought was cool, but now not as cool? After watching some of her youtube stuff, still seems like a very genuinely sweet girl, but her initial meek and "I never even swore before" image from the first episode, kinda seems like more of an act to me....not sure though.

Javier and Dia tops for me, Vicci in 3rd (though her version of "Dog Days Are Over" was my fav performance of the night), Beverly # 4.

Can't wait for next week!

kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Re Cee Lo....dude can sang, and he's kinda funny, but....If I had a teenage daughter....I certainly wouldn't let him babysit her......he's a bit of a creeper with the girls! [Frown] [Eek!]
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Lol Kev.......all my friends keep saying that he has t-rex arms.......poor Ceelo.......honestly though for how cheesy it was I loved Love is a Battlefield!! Valley? I really don't know who is going to win but it's been fun watching it because of the hometown/friends connection [Smile]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ4nuWFgnRc

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
and p.s. I figured out what it is that bothers me about Javier FYI.........it becuase he won't hold out his notes.......like instead of singing meeeeeeeeeeee.....he'll ALWAYS go meeeeeee"meahh"eeeeee.....it's annoying to me and not impressive.....you don't have to float every line you sing to blow people away? hold back? anyone get me? it ends up not sounding like the original we know?
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
The finale starts in about 45 minutes here..

I'm pulling for Dia Frampton, but if she doesn't win I'd like to see Vicci win.

But it will probably be between Dia and Javier at the end. Their original songs were #1 & #2 on itunes when I checked earlier.

Should be interesting!

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Muffy has already mentioned that she appreciates "The Voice"

But something happened last night that is for every fan of 80's music and especially fans of Stevie Nicks. I mean no one can truly duet with Stevie Nicks because of her unique voice, but listening and watching the clip below from last night's "The Voice" is rather awesome in my opinion. The way Stevie Nicks directs Javier Colon through the song and the embrace him afterwards are almost touching.. Go Stevie!!

Plus.. this is a song that always affects me when I hear it sung by Stevie..

- Click for Stevie Nicks on The Voice

And Ronnie.. I know that "The Voice" is not quite your thing.. but at least they had Stevie Nicks in the house last night! [Cool]

[ 30. June 2011, 06:30: Message edited by: Valley ]

Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
Oh I agree Valman!! Javier renewed himself in that duet for me......he didn't do the voice cradles like I called him out for. He held notes out and was matched with Stevie really well...(Stevie gave him pointers?)...I totally agree Ronnie needs to watch that clip [Smile]

All the duets were pretty cool.....I didn't expect that.......Vicci and the guy from Train was awesome.......and Dia and Miranda Lambert awesome......it was fun to watch [Smile]

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Anyone else a huge Stevie Nicks fan?

I used to wear out her "Bella Donna" album spinning it on my turn table..

- p

Leather and Lace
Edge of Seventeen
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around

This is seriously an album that I played from start to finish and enjoyed every tune! [Cool]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home