iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Not sure where to post this...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Not sure where to post this...
Gideon
Rewinder
Member # 6941

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gideon   Email Gideon       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...but I think Fast-Rewind should have a quotes section.

I mean, Fast-Rewind is amazing as it is, but a quote section would be kinda cool so you don't have to go to IMDB.

Anyone else agree? (For my luck, Fast-Rewind probably already has one and I'm just the idiot that can't find it.)

Posts: 36 | From: On the computer | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Gideon,

NO - unless writers include quotes in their reviews, we don't have such a section. it's a matter of cost more than anything - this site is, unlike IMDB and most other movie sites, completely owned and paid for by Nick, the guy who built it. Adding extra sections eats into his already stretched budget, and adds bandwidth usage for us.

What I would say is that on each of the review pages, there's a section for Links to other pages, and a link to the relevant IMDB page is always there. So the quotes you want are never more than a click or two away.....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P.S. It's Paul..,

Can we "quote" you on that? hehehe [Big Grin]

Sorry, I couldn't help myself...  -

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gideon
Rewinder
Member # 6941

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gideon   Email Gideon       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I was just curious about that.
Cost slipped my mind.

jdocster04- "Sorry, I couldn't help myself" made me think of The Sure Thing
"I know, I shouldn't have, but I just couldn't help my self."
Too funny!

Posts: 36 | From: On the computer | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie! [Razz]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gideon
Rewinder
Member # 6941

Rate Member
I second that.
I just got One Crazy Summer and I cannot wait to watch it. (I love John Cusack.)
Alot of people don't like it, but alot of people don't like Better Off Dead either and It's probably in my top 20 favorite movies, so I'll probably like OCS too.

Nick
Webmaster
Member # 404

407 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Nick   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its a great point that you make Gideon [Smile]

Well, the good news is that Fast-Rewind will have a dedicated quotes section for each movie when the new version comes out -- and that is not too far off hopefully [Smile]

-Nick

Posts: 1026 | From: The '80s | Registered: Feb 2000 | Site Updates: 407  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gideon
Rewinder
Member # 6941

Rate Member
Sweet!
And yeah, I watched One Crazy Summer and I love it.
You should see my bedroom. My friends think it's the coolest thing ever. I have wall-to-wall posters of 80s movies that I'm just introducing to my friends for the first time.

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gideon:
You should see my bedroom. My friends think it's the coolest thing ever. I have wall-to-wall posters of 80s movies that I'm just introducing to my friends for the first time.

Ah, to be young again....except my walls were covered with posters of bands and babes. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gideon
Rewinder
Member # 6941

Rate Member
I have Johnny Depp on my wall.
I asked my mom-mom to get me a poster of Jim Morrison for my birthday and I think she'll get it for me (she kinda spoils me.)
I'm pretty excited.
And yeah, my dad has all these posters that he saved from an old magazine that I'm trying to get him to let me put them on my wall (because i love all those bands.)

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home