iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Pushing Daisies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pushing Daisies
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been busy the last few months watching "new" stuff....some i've seen before some I haven't.....Pushing Daisies being one I haven't, so let me fill you in..... if you are interested!

Bryan Fuller is a tv writer/producer who is creative, quirky and unique and i've come to find out about him because I keep getting sucked into his shows that have short runs....usually 2 seasons......they are so different and have a select audience........they almost always end up having a cult following after, with the exception of maybe Heroes (he wrote a few episodes)

The first "Bryan Fuller" for me was Wonderfalls while it was on tv.......a wonderfully sweet show about a girl living in Niagara Falls who is bored with life and fake animals begin telling her to do things.

-

Fans actually ran a website to collect signatures for a dvd release and they got it! with 9 episodes that never got to air.......

Next was Dead Like Me........I've already started a post about this one and I know there are a few that have strong opinions (Logan!) ha.....I really just love it....I love the quirky, dark humor and characters.

So finally what I came on here to rave about:

PUSHING DAISIES!
 -

A colorful, bright, cheery, quirky show.....about DEATH!

It's almost like a bright Tim Burton movie.....the way every episode is set up the same with an intro into the pie makers past to explain the long term story.

It's got me hooked I can really understand why it has the following it does now and won so many awards.

Just the visuals alone get attention (the set designer wannabe in me)

-

They are all available on the internet to watch so if you are looking for a new "Muffy type" recommendation........I highly suggest these!
If you stuck around to read this far you are now my friend [Smile] ha!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
muffy that was such a cute post. [Smile]

just a bit ago, i saw Dead Like Me on cable and i was just saying to myself, that i always wanted to watch that show. i had heard good things.

i remember when Pushing Daises was on the air, and i had heard a lot of people liked it. wonder what happened?

i love your description though. i will give it a look. sounds like something i would like!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Muffy.. I actually enjoy all three shows with Wonderfalls being my fav!

As a person that believes in signals or signs .. actually had a few today.. I totally enjoyed "Wonderfalls" before they yanked it off the air after only a couple of episodes. I've since watched all the episodes and its quirkly clever writing left me wanting more. A few weeks ago .. I found another since been cancelled new show called "Off The Map" and looky looky who was on it 8 years later!

I enjoyed "Dead Like Me".. but not as much.

And funny you should mention "Pushing Daisies" .. I had a dream recently that borrowed a portion of the concept. Not quite, but definitely reminds. ha

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen a few episodes of "Dead Like Me" and liked them a lot. The whole series is available for instant watch on Netflix so I will have to get around to watching more episodes soon...

"Pushing Daisies" is a show I've been meaning to catch for awhile now, mainly because one of my good friends says it's something he knows I would love...

I don't think I've ever heard of Wonderfalls, will have to look into it....Thanks for the recomendations Muffy!! [Smile]

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are welcome folks [Smile]
Thanks Ronnie haha

Valley i'm going to check out "Off the Map" I haven't even heard of it?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy.. I don't really recommend "Off The Map", but it was a trip to see Caroline Dhavernas after all these years.

I think I'll give "Dead Like Me" some more viewings.. thanks for the Netflix tip Veronica.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'm totally interested in what you guys will think of Dead Like Me?

ok on the Off the Map......Valley she was in that movie The Switch in a small part she played Batemans blind date haha and she also popped up in a movie I watched Devil.......right around the time i'd finished watching Wonderfalls....crazy?

I'm sucked into watching Pushing Daisies as we speak on the instant watch.......Netflix really is so awesome [Smile]

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Next was Dead Like Me........I've already started a post about this one and I know there are a few that have strong opinions (Logan!)
'Ambivalent' would be a better word. No love, no hate, just a shrug.

We did bond over 'Wonderfalls' though...

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
that is right I remember.........awwww we bonded haha

So have you seen Pushing Daisies Logan? i'm really interested in your thoughts?

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
that is right I remember.........awwww we bonded haha
*SOB!* How could you ever forget?!

I've not seen PS yet, but it's on the list. Why are there so few hours in the day?!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, it's been added to my list. i noticed Drop Dead Diva is on there to watch too. i like that show! but have been waiting to see if season 3 will get picked up... hopefully!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home