iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Actors you strangely like for no good reason

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Actors you strangely like for no good reason
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Big surprise [Smile] I just had to post this one, sorry [Wink] I have a pretty good idea who you folks don`t care much about and amazingly,a lot of the names mentioned here is also on my list as well.

So who DO you like no matter any bad acting skills or whatever?The ones you just strangely like in an unexplained way.Sure you got the idea..

I`ll put my neck out first and go for Meg Ryan.IMO maybe not the best actress out there,but darned,she is just so cute i forgive her. [Big Grin]

[ 05. July 2008, 01:42: Message edited by: bandit ]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a lot of hate for Cruise on the other thread [Razz] personally, I don't care what his religion is, I enjoy his movies a great deal and think he's an excellent actor with some fine films to his name ('Top Gun', 'Interview with the vampire' and 'Magnolia' to name but three). Cruise control all the way son! [Cool]
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of my favorites are:
Morgan Freeman
Samuel Jackson
Edward Norton
Can watch them in almost anything.
I also love:
Virginia Madsen
Jennifer Connelly
To name a couple.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree.Kash I don`t care anything about religion at all,but anyway i like a good Tom cruise movie any day.Morgan Freeman is also on the very top of my all time
favorite actors list as well.Maybe a bit underrated,but he sure is a serious cool dude. [Wink]

Regards.

[ 05. July 2008, 02:14: Message edited by: bandit ]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with

Morgan Freeman
Samuel L Jackson
Edward Norton

I also have to include

Jack Nicholson
Gary Oldman
Michael Madsen
Gary Busciemi
Robert DeNiro
Kevin Spacey
Don Cheadle

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
add Christopher walken to my list
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd have to say Jeffrey Jones. Sure, he's a real life monster, but there's just something about his style (it helps he usually sticks to playing bad guys anyway) and suaveness that makes you want to watch him no matter how repulsed you might be by his off-camera actions.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
SammyHain 44DDD-26-36:

Morgan Freeman
Samuel L Jackson
Edward Norton

I also have to include

Jack Nicholson
Gary Oldman
Michael Madsen
Gary Busciemi
Robert DeNiro
Kevin Spacey
Don Cheadle

[Wink] I don`t think
Jack Nicholson and Robert DeNiro counts in this topic.I`m sure we all agree that they are among the best/ most talented actors ever.. [Smile]

Regards.

[ 05. July 2008, 03:01: Message edited by: bandit ]

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ice Cube... I don't know why but I love his movies. I can sit and watch an Ice Cube movie any day.

Johnny Knoxville...hmm, don't know what that reason could be [Wink]

Adam Sandler...he's like Ice Cube, I could watch an Adam Sandler movie any day of the week.

Rob Schneider...I don't know, maybe it's because I loved him on SNL.

I also agree with some of the others, like Morgan Freeman. I think a lot of people like him and his movies, though.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son's favorite all time actor is Steve McQueen-I love him in the Towering Inferno.

I love entire casts of different TV shows...because they work so well together...like I love all the actors/actresses on SOAP...I think Richard Mulligan is hysterical...but so is Katherine Helmond on that show, but so was Ted Wass, Billy Crystal, Catherine Damon, and Jay Johnson...they were all good.

There's so many people that I think did great acting jobs as a group...like the entire cast of April Fool's Day- Deborah Foreman, Clayton Rohner, Ken Olandt, Amy Steel and Deborah Goodrich.

Some of the people I like alot are:

Lindsay Wagner, Bill Bixby, Pamela Sue Martin,
Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, Bill Murray,
PJ Soles, Tom Atkins, Robert Redford, and many more....

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Johnny Knoxville too, he's not the most talented guy around, but he seems like fun and he's basically harmless.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
Steve McQueen is also pretty cool.I sure like his style.

Regards.

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To Bandit and Kash, Scientology is not a religion, it is a cult! It's cool if you like the cruiser and his films (personally I don't get it). But please don't refer to scientology as a religion, that's ignorant, cuz it is not!

And on a brighter note... I relly like Jeff Goldblum! He hasn't made a lot of movies I like, But I like him in everything I've seen, even if the movies were no good, he was!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
To Bandit and Kash, Scientology is not a religion, it is a cult! It's cool if you like the cruiser and his films (personally I don't get it). But please don't refer to scientology as a religion, that's ignorant, cuz it is not!

And on a brighter note... I really like Jeff Goldblum! He hasn't made a lot of movies I like, But I like him in everything I've seen, even if the movies were no good, he was! .

Religion,cult ,or whatever.I personally just don`t understand anything about it. [Wink] Maybe just the best anyway.

Take care.

[ 06. July 2008, 10:34: Message edited by: bandit ]

Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one that I'm always happy to see is Daniel Stern. He's easily one of the most underrated actors out there and has a special quality of (usually) increasing projects that without him would be flat, such as the otherwise unremarkable Bushwhacked. While it's great that he has gained immortality for his great ability to poetically wax about the wonder years gone by and at falling down stairs while screaming at the top of his lungs (and I do mean TOP), he's wonderfully versatile and can pretty much handle anything you can ask of him, and you usually like his characters in the end too (even Marv despite the fact he's easily the stupidest guy on the planet and would clearly murder Kevin in cold blood if he did manage to get his hands on him), which higher paid stars can't always manage
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would agree with most of you.

People that don't get "top" billing:

Morgan Freeman
Samuel Jackson
Edward Norton
Virginia Madsen
Steve Busciemi
Daniel Stern
Michael Madsen
Gary Busciemi
Kevin Spacey
Don Cheadle
Christopher walken (way underrated)
Jennifer Tilly
Paul Gleason
Meg Ryan
Dennis Quaid
Randy Quaid
Curtis Armstrong (Booger)
John Goodman
Christopher Lloyd
Casey Siemaszko
John Cryer
Matt Mulhern (Major Dad)
Edie McClurg (Ferris Buellers day off)
Alan Ruck (Ferris Buellers day off)

I'm tired... [Big Grin]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randy Quaid is really funny. I like him much, much better than Dennis Quaid.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the 80's...I thought she was one of the prettiest girls...I love this song too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee606ryyPl8

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]

[ 09. July 2008, 09:42: Message edited by: jdocster04 ]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really like Judge Reinhold. He has made some great movies. I especially like Fast Times At Ridgemont High.

I really Eric Stoltz! I've seen a lot of his movies, and will happily watch anything he's in.

I like Zach Galligan. I think he's great in Gremlins and Waxwork! I've met him in person, and he is really nice.

Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you like Zach Galligan, you need to check out the "lost" film Nothing Lasts Forever (1984) with Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray. It's a one-of-a-kind black-and-white science fiction-romance-musical that the studio dumped. It has never had a video release of any kind in the U.S. and appeared only once on TV on Turner Classic Movies in 2015. It's totally weird, yet captivating, and Zach is excellent as the hero, who at one point finds himself on a bus to the moon with Bill Murray as the conductor. The story behind this film is really sad, and the director never did another feature film.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got to go with Keanu Reeves. I can watch anything he is in. I even watched the Matrix films, and I am not big on science fiction. Also Matthew McConehey.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
If you like Zach Galligan, you need to check out the "lost" film Nothing Lasts Forever (1984) with Dan Aykroyd and Bill Murray. It's a one-of-a-kind black-and-white science fiction-romance-musical that the studio dumped. It has never had a video release of any kind in the U.S. and appeared only once on TV on Turner Classic Movies in 2015. It's totally weird, yet captivating, and Zach is excellent as the hero, who at one point finds himself on a bus to the moon with Bill Murray as the conductor. The story behind this film is really sad, and the director never did another feature film.

Thanks for the information, Crash! I'll definitely check it out. [Smile]
Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck finding it, Chloe. The folks who own the rights police Youtube. I was lucky enough to catch it before they had it taken down.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Good luck finding it, Chloe. The folks who own the rights police Youtube. I was lucky enough to catch it before they had it taken down.

I had a look, but unfortunately couldn't find it.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home