iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » How seeing a movie in the theaters has changed (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How seeing a movie in the theaters has changed
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally agree with you all, especially wiht all that Bernie Lomax has to say! My husband and I rarely go to the theater anymore. But when we do, we usually go on a Thursday evening. It's mostly adults and most are well behaved. Although I was afraid when we went to see The Expendables- before the movie even started there were so many people either talking or texting on their cell phones. The lights from their phones weredriving me batty! But luckily everyone put their phones down and enjoyed the movie. The popcorn bag rustling doesn't bother me as much as chatty people or the kicking of the seats. Last time that happened, I continually turned around and gave the girl a "look" until she got the hint!
I also wanted to add that I see the same type of behavior in airports and on planes. Just downright rude, loud obnoxious people, kicking the back of my seat on the plane and never shutting the hell up. And then there are the parents who let their kids run all around the airport waiting areas, kicking and screaming. I can't stand it.

Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
I love it how on Seinfeld Kramer gets caught smuggling in an outside drink and the usher is like "Whadda ya got there, one of them cafe latte's."

It's classic because how the hell does he know what the drink is, like smuggling in latte's is a growing fad. It also pokes fun at how seriously people taken themselves. Great show.

I wish they did another 9 years.

Best comedy ever Bernie.... I'm with ya there!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I am a horrible movie goer.
Do you mean you go to horrible movies?

quote:
So I think I deserve a little snack sneakage.
'Snack sneakage' - sounds like a euphemism to me!

quote:
So I pack a small bag of grapes, a bottle of water for us to split and sometimes some carrots...if i think we can get away with the crunching sound!
If I were an usher, and I caught you sneaking in that kind of food - I'd ban you for life!

"You are making a mockery of everything the theater stands for; overpriced high-sugared empty calories for the mind and body! Blasphemer!"

Ok, actually I'd give you a free pass.

quote:
I love it how on Seinfeld Kramer gets caught smuggling in an outside drink and the usher is like "Whadda ya got there, one of them cafe latte's."
The genius of Seinfeld! It's not just the universal experience of sneaking food into the movie, it's that they boiled it down to one particular drink, and it was a slightly pretentious one (at least for the movies). Brilliant.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More than slightly pretentious.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the Seinfeld's when Kramer was making bootleg copies videotaping the films. How many episodes had scenes of dialogue waiting in movies lines, love it!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man we're missing the death blow.

The zoom ins, the framing, I was enchanted.

I have all of Seinfeld and still watch it quite regularly. I love it.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone else have a theater that serves those giant pickles? It bothers me. The smell of pickles can be nauseating to me. And I swear I tend to get right in front of the two people who seem to buy them all the time! I just don't understand why a theater would sell a food item to pungent as a dill pickle.
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nah,that sounds rather strange to me.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EJ Loves Takashi:
Does anyone else have a theater that serves those giant pickles? It bothers me. The smell of pickles can be nauseating to me. And I swear I tend to get right in front of the two people who seem to buy them all the time! I just don't understand why a theater would sell a food item to pungent as a dill pickle.

I can't picture that!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home