iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Your top 5 Cronenberg films?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your top 5 Cronenberg films?
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. The Brood
2. Scanners
3. Shivers
4. A History Of Violence
5. eXistenZ

Posts: 3278 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

19 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helen.. my fav is eXistenZ by a large margin, but here's my list:

1. eXistenZ
2. The Fly
3. The Brood
4. Scanners
5. The Dead Zone

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Jedi
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very tough because Cronenberg is a genius and personal favorite, but here goes...

1. Crash
2. Videodrome
3. The Dead Zone
4. The Brood
5. Dead Ringers

The only Cronenberg films that I don't care for are Fast Company and M. Butterfly. Otherwise I think that every one of his films is just brilliant. eXistenZ is in the next five on my list along with The Fly, Shivers, A History of Violence, and Naked Lunch.

Posts: 1270 | From: America's Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crash, Cronenberg really is a genius!

My top 5 at the moment:

1. The Dead Zone
2. Videodrome
3. Crash
4. The Fly
5. Rabid

Rabid was the first Cronenberg film i saw so that always has a special place in my heart [Cool]

Posts: 5387 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im gonna have to say The Dead Zone and The Fly, because I can, for the life of me, not remember anything about any of the other Crone flicks i've seen [Confused]
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just cannot get into Cronenberg movies. I have tried.
Posts: 2112 | From: Kamp Komfort | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh you 2 [Razz] Dead Zone would be just outside for me. Rabid too, another goodun Atomik [Big Grin]
Posts: 3278 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i havent seen 5 of his movies yet. i will say that dead ringers would not be on the list though. i couldnt make it all the way through.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

100 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
eXistenZ
The Fly
A History of Violence
Scanners

These are the only 4 I have seen that he directed. Absolutely love eXisteZ and The Fly.

Posts: 3611 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 100  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
i havent seen 5 of his movies yet. i will say that dead ringers would not be on the list though. i couldnt make it all the way through.

I can't get through any of his movies. I am not trying to can the guy at all. I respect him for the genius that he is. I just don't enjoy his movies. He does have some very unique ideas though. You can tell from watching his movies that he is quite intelligent.
Posts: 2112 | From: Kamp Komfort | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I've just got Crash and M. Butterfly left to see.
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dead Zone
Naked Lunch
A History Of Violence
Videodrome
Spider

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Jedi
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spider...interesting choice, Kash. I like it, and it's extremely well done, but it's a little twee. Great acting though!
Posts: 1270 | From: America's Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yeah, not too big on Spider.
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spider is one of the most relentlessly downbeat films you're ever likely to see. Ralph Fiennes was good, but Gabriel Byrne and Miranda Richardson were brilliant. It also depicts a time in England that's rarely seen on screen.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Jedi
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Kash, you are right. Even for Cronenberg, Spider is relentlessly grim. You are also on the mark about the acting--excellent performances. I haven't read Patrick McGrath's novel, which I understand is very different from the film, but I expect that Cronenberg's changes make things better. Cronenberg is that rare director who can take what everyone calls an "unfilmable" book and bring it to life--see also "Naked Lunch" and "Crash."

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home