iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Your Rewind Profile Pic.. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Your Rewind Profile Pic..
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who is actually using his or her real photo as their Rewind profile picture?

I've never used my photo as my profile pic, but most of the people on here that have known me for awhile have seen a few pics of me over the years. My current profile pic is of the 80's Movie Network that I continue to dream about creating in the future.

However, I must admit that it is cool to put a face to people that contribute to this incredible 80's site. I don't know who else does this, but I'll often click on someone's profile to check out their fav 80's flicks and look for an updated profile pic.

What does everyone else think?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lead by example and then apply peer pressure. I think it's the only way, Valley.

C'mon people, you ain't cool unless you have a personal profile picture!

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'll often click on someone's profile to check out their fav 80's flicks and look for an updated profile pic.
I do that for location and fave movies too.

quote:
C'mon people, you ain't cool unless you have a personal profile picture!
Really? I thought the reverse was true [Cool]
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just updated mine.... naturally I'm the one in the Maiden shirt.

I wish more would post a pic of themselves.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great pic 80s!
Just updated mine too (well, it´s from last summer)

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Great pic 80s!
Just updated mine too (well, it´s from last summer)

Nice pic yourself! I'd love to visit your land some day....keep rockin'!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tried to update, but it won't upload! I can upload other pics from photobucket, but not a new profile pic! admin, get on it!!!! [Smile]

[ 02. January 2011, 09:42: Message edited by: JAY LEE ]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm having issues uploading as well...help?
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iv tried to upload my pic that i have on my pc but have no real idea what im doing...im hopeless on computers and Logan told me how to do it. i tried but just kept failing...ahhhhh
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Well that is me circa 2007 right before my wife and I got married. I need to post a newer one.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For anyone using photobucket .. you have to drill all the way down to the picture to get the direct link you need to post it on the Rewind.

Simplier way to put it .. make sure it is on the only picture on your screen when you copy the direct link.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't figure it out either...any way to take a pic from my own files on my computer and transfer it to my Rewind page....until I get this figured out, I'll paint a mental picture....imagine...Danny Devito....Simon Cowell...they have a baby together....that's me!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Kev.. you can't download directly from your computer to The Rewind, but you can download to a site such as photobucket.

You can sign up for a free acount here:

photobucket.com

Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe someone should make a "How to post a picture" tutorial and then see if Paul will sticky it at the top of this forum?

BTW, those are awesome new pics, 80sR and Atomik [Smile]

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, figured it out thanks to Valley
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome pics everybody!!

Valley that doesn't count.......which dude are you even? and I know what you look like? hahah

Atomik your little one is soooo adorable!

I remember the first time a long time ago when the Rewinders posted their faces.....it was crazy to put a face to the person you'd been talking too, because you kind of do create a figure in your head.....

LOGAN! now get your f'n face on here would ya??

Please [Big Grin]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which photobucket link do you use to post piccie ive used the first one but not sure its workn
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scrub last post it worked woohoo! my pic is from my wedding i dont have much on phtobucket will need toupdate
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
LOGAN! now get your f'n face on here would ya??
I honestly have absolutely no pics of me as an adult. I'm sure if I was on Facebook I could find some other people who have some... but that'll never happen!

Nice pics people!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, I'm there, right behind Pat [Razz]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
I honestly have absolutely no pics of me as an adult.

Me neither  -
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ahhh ive used photo bucket and copied the direct link into the menu bar, on my profile next to photo and not working...what am i doing wrong
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
ok so i posted it here and did it all wrong ahhhhh
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ok Willy, you did do it all wrong, because we didn't want a picture of you, we wanted a picture of your cousin, the one from Human League [Razz] In all seriousness, in my mind I had you looking like a grown up version of Wyatt from Weird Science, so it's nice to get things straight [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
I honestly have absolutely no pics of me as an adult.

Me neither  -
So neither of you own a camera? [Wink]
(We will hunt you down if necessary)

Amaranth, I'm gonna need my magnifying glass to see you! It's hard to make you out. Is that the hubby in the kilt?

Veronica, lookin' good! Not shy at all - this is how you do it folks!

Valley, last but not least. Is that a Where's Waldo picture? C'mon you tease! [Big Grin]

[ 03. January 2011, 14:34: Message edited by: Secret Admirer ]

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home