iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » what job do you do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what job do you do?
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering what everyone does for a living. Ive been a teacher for the last 10 yrs in PE, outdoor education and now in the classroom. I used to be in the army for 5 yrs before this though.

What do you guys do, have done?

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in the flooring business for the past 16 years.... mainly carpet installation. Brutal on the back and knees.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80'sRocked, I admire you for your dedication. That is one job I could never do. My knees are killing me after scrubbing out the shower, lmao! We have had the same man do carpet and Pergo in our house, and carpet in our office and my M-I-L's house. He is very good at what he does, and he has his son-in-law working with him too. He is in his late 60's, he just celebrated his 45th wedding anniversary. It amazes me to see him crawling around on the floor like that. There are 15 year old kids today that would never even think of doing hard work like that.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, I work in my husband's optical office, and we have an antiques business on the side too. But the antiques fell by the wayside over the spring and summer while we remodeled my Mother-in-law's old house.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a Child and Youth Counselor....working front line in a residential home for teens for the past thirteen years. I focus a lot on activity based programming and like to get the kids outside as much as possible...hiking, bon fires, camping, sledding in the winter, swimming....just about anything.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
80'sRocked, I admire you for your dedication.

Thanks Pittsgirl! I wouldn't exactly call it dedication though. Put it this way.... stay in school kids! lol. I really wish I went to college!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a Community Psychiatric Nurse in the British Army. In my previous existence I was a General Nurse but I realised I preferred talking to people more than cleaning up after them...

Psycho Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Landscaper.... nothing interesting to tell.... I scape land, that's what I do [Smile]

If only one of those douchy customers, would for once, let me rock out some crazy japanese style garden design, I would be happy! But nooooo.... they want the same boring **** the neighbours got [Confused]

YOU'RE ALL SHEEEEEEEP!!!!!

aaaah, that felt good [Smile]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I start a new job and new career next week, as an employment consultant for people with disabilities and injuries.
My previous job/career was in retail, selling computers, digital cameras, phones, game consoles, printers etc.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
Landscaper.... nothing interesting to tell.... I scape land, that's what I do [Smile]

If only one of those douchy customers, would for once, let me rock out some crazy japanese style garden design, I would be happy! But nooooo.... they want the same boring **** the neighbours got [Confused]

YOU'RE ALL SHEEEEEEEP!!!!!

aaaah, that felt good [Smile]

Jay Lee, you are most definately welcome to come down here and rock out my garden. You have permission to go as wild as you can!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am lucky to be a photographer....but currently unemployed! I worked for a university and did a ton of promotional work for them. I traveled to crazy places, met the most amazing people, and it changed my life forever. But, in the end, I need some time with my daughter. I was missing out on a lot. So her and I are kicking it at home until she starts school. And after that...photography will still be there!
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i used to work for the Pat and Turner Company
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just another welder in the oil industri.The day i'm able to generate the 1.21 gigawatts of electricity needed with my arc welding equipment,I'm outta there! [Wink]
Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I look after 3 unruly children and a dog!
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home