iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The dream is always the same...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The dream is always the same...
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul made a comment recently mentioning "Some Kind of Wonderful" as a teenager appropriate film with the joke that I might have heard him comment on SKOW a few times in the past. Which is quite true..

However, I want to say right now that I love to discuss 80's movies and never get tired of it. And when I say discuss.. I mean even the little details that only us few notice while watching.

After 7 years on The Rewind, even though we have started every thread imaginable numerous times, I still totally enjoy reading all the various postings from everyone. I've checked out other 80's sites and there is no other messageboard that has the collective 80's movie knowledge that is represented right here on The Rewind. You can name almost any movie and there is someone on here that has seen it and can discuss it in great detail. Amazing when you think about it.

I'm always rambling about starting an 80's Movie Network and using The Sherman Oaks Galleria as the home base. Let's face it, probably never going to happen, but it is the dream that I keep alive that matters in my mind.

Actually, that is what the 80's movie experience represent for me.. the dream. No matter how bad things seem in the world today, watching an 80's gem is like a portal to the past for about 1 hour and 35 minutes at a time.

It is a total blast when someone new discovers The Rewind and decides to post for the first time. And nothing is more awesome than when that person become a regular on the board over time.

So my message tonight is thanks for sharing your passion for the 80's with me and keep on posting!

Valley

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley, your a legend in my books. I am truely in awe of what is in peoples heads on this site...love it! Like you, i could discuss 80s movies all the time and its great to see others who feel the same...you got my respect! The futures so bright, i gotta wear shades.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW iv got a mere 875 posts which is nothing compared to 6000. jeesh.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
incidently valley, can you explain a little more about this network idea please. Forgive the ignorance please. What does it involve exactly.
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww Valley, I totally agree, what a lovely post [Smile] So many great people here. I feel like going and watching My Bodyguard or something now [Razz] [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley rocks!

"The dream is always the same"

With 80's movies we can go back to a time when we (and maybe the world?) were just a little more optimistic. Anything seemed possible back in those days.

quote:
Aww Valley, I totally agree, what a lovely post [Smile] So many great people here. I feel like going and watching My Bodyguard or something now [Razz] [Smile]
Helen S; don't ever spoil the illusions I have about you by saying you're on Facebook and really into Rhianna. Just don't.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry, you'll never hear that [Razz]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought this was a 'Risky Business' thread!

Great comments, couldn't agree more.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Don't worry, you'll never hear that [Razz]

You're on Facebook and into Rhianna, aren't you?

DON'T ANSWER THAT!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oneyed .. thanks dude!

Here's the thread:

The 80's Movie Network Thread

Kash.. you totally got my topic:

Future Enterprisers

"My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment. I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?"

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home