iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Actors you strangely just don`t like for no reason (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Actors you strangely just don`t like for no reason
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people that I have just thought of, that, for some reason, I don't much care for. And some are pretty big names.

MICKEY ROURKE: In the early 80's, he seemed pretty cool, and there was a time when I thought he would be the next James Dean. Somehow, this guy got way off track.

RICHARD BURTON: Not the worst actor, but certainly one of the more "hammiest" (overacting) performers. His approach seems more suitable in Broadway stage plays, but to me, is overbearing in movies. His Shakespearean or period roles are an exception, though!

BEN STILLER: With the exception of "Keeping The Faith", this guy annoys to no end.

MATTHEW McCONAUGHEY: I just don't understand his appeal.

MADONNA: I respect her as a singer, but not as an (ahem) "actress".

[ 21. August 2008, 15:33: Message edited by: StevenHW ]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For absolutely no reason at all, I never liked Jason Robards. I always found him mean and scary.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has to be Rob Schneider. In addition to being a no talent hack who only got to be a big name riding the coattails of the infinitely more talented Sandler and Farley and so on, Schneider so clearly forgets that comedy is meant to make the viewers feel good about themselves, to forget whatever might be troubling them in their lives for a while. He, however, sees it as a way to bully and lash out and make fun of those who are the slightest bit different than he. Thus his only worthwhile role to date was in Home Alone 2 and largely because Mac humiliated him all through the picture ("And there's plenty more where that (bubble gum "tip") came from."). Plus, he's also been very clearly corrupted by his million dollar paychecks and treats everyone with contempt; his arrogant rebuttal letter to Ebert after the latter hurled the wretched Deuce Bigalow 2 off a cliff tells you all one would need to know about his views with anyone who doesn't agree with his sadly warped world view. So let's hope Sandler stops giving him bailouts in the form of agitating and borderline offensive minority roles in his own projects, because then we'll be able to watch Schnieder sink faster than the Lusitania. And THAT should be more entertaining than anything he can come up with.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
Has to be Rob Schneider. In addition to being a no talent hack who only got to be a big name riding the coattails of the infinitely more talented Sandler and Farley and so on, Schneider so clearly forgets that comedy is meant to make the viewers feel good about themselves, to forget whatever might be troubling them in their lives for a while. He, however, sees it as a way to bully and lash out and make fun of those who are the slightest bit different than he. Thus his only worthwhile role to date was in Home Alone 2 and largely because Mac humiliated him all through the picture ("And there's plenty more where that (bubble gum "tip") came from."). Plus, he's also been very clearly corrupted by his million dollar paychecks and treats everyone with contempt; his arrogant rebuttal letter to Ebert after the latter hurled the wretched Deuce Bigalow 2 off a cliff tells you all one would need to know about his views with anyone who doesn't agree with his sadly warped world view. So let's hope Sandler stops giving him bailouts in the form of agitating and borderline offensive minority roles in his own projects, because then we'll be able to watch Schnieder sink faster than the Lusitania. And THAT should be more entertaining than anything he can come up with.

So, you're saying that you DON'T like him... Right? [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww, I like Robbie Schneider!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not an actor, but Frank Miller: I don't hate him simply because he's a racist c*** but because he's an overated hack. Rosie Perez's voice tries my patience too.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dumb question...who's Frank Miller?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Author of 1986's The Dark Knight Returns, which definitively returned Batman to his dark roots--although it was slammed by some for perceived fascist overtones--and 1988's Batman: Year One, which lays down the basic current setup for his origins, and which the recent films have adapted to a degree
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank Miller is the one responsible for Sin City & 300

Just heard this evening that his next film that's getting a lot of buzz is going to be called The Spirit

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching "Christine" last night, it was on regular TV...Keith Gordon kind of creeps me out...there's something about him that I don't like, but there's also something about him that makes me think he's a good actor...so I am kind of torn about him.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I was watching "Christine" last night, it was on regular TV...Keith Gordon kind of creeps me out...there's something about him that I don't like, but there's also something about him that makes me think he's a good actor...so I am kind of torn about him.

ISIS,

He played the kid who got kidnapped in "The Legend of Billy Jean" He was good in that. He was in "Back to School" as well. It looks like he's mainly a director now... [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was in Jaws 2, which was on TV on Saturday night and I watched it. That is my favorite "Jaws" movie. I do love the cast of characters in it. Donna Wilkes is in it...and I love her in stuff...I forgot about her...she is in the movie "Angel"....that is a movie that I never get sick of...but I always forget about it.
I loved her clothes in that movie. She did another movie called "Blood Song" it was really good. She also was on Hello Larry- in the first season. I should add her to the likeable list.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I can't stand Rob Schneider (or Johnny Knoxville)...and I can't stand Rosie Perez's voice either...those are all great people to add to this list.

You know who I think is over rated now...Jessica Biehl...I don't even think she's attractive, and I never thought Cameron Diaz was good looking...she certainly was no Charlie's Angel and neither was Lucy Lieu.

I can't stand Luke or Owen Wilson either.

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Jessica Biel is a definite hottie... [Smile]

-

[ 08. July 2008, 14:24: Message edited by: jdocster04 ]

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell Yes!  -  -  -  -  -  -
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wouldn't mind having jessica biel's figure... goodness! great pic, jdocster04.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yuck... look at those broad shoulders, she's butch and manish.... i'll pass!

And your right ISIS, Cam Diaz is not, nor has she ever been attractive..... at least not to me!

But my friends always said I had a somewhat askew taste in women, so maybe it's just me!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think it's you! lol manly????
jessica doesn't have a feminine voice, i'll give you that much, but how about rosie o'donnell... now that's what you'd call butch,you think?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
Jessica Biel is a definite hottie... [Smile]

-

I sure wouldn`t mind to bring her along on a hiking trip in the mountains for a few weeks,just to show her the beautiful Norwegian Nature.

Regards.

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by JAYLEE:
Yuck... look at those broad shoulders, she's butch and manish.... i'll pass!

And your right ISIS, Cam Diaz is not, nor has she ever been attractive..... at least not to me!

But my friends always said I had a somewhat askew taste in women, so maybe it's just me!

How about this one Jaylee?

-

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I always thought that Jessica Biehl was butch and mannish too....that's so funny that someone else thinks that...and others don't. I think Cameron Diaz looks like a frog....I am sorry.
I think Paris Hilton is downright ugly, and so is Nicole Richie.

It's all a matter of opinion though. I am sure that there's people I think are good looking that other people don't think so.

I can't actually think of anyone current that I thing is knock down gorgeous looking.

Ronnie-you got Jessica Biehl beat by a mile.

[ 09. July 2008, 17:57: Message edited by: ISIS ]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Oh...and those are pictures of her that she has been worked on for hours to look like that...everyone can look pretty good when they have make up "artists", and hair "stylists"

How about this picture:

-

bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure ISIS? A few weeks in the Norwegian mountains would maybe give me another impression on theirs looks,maybe even better as well,who knows [Wink] However,Hillary swank/Angelina Jolie is also very welcome to an mountain trip over here.Not my favorite actresses,but anyway very cute in the photos.Do you really think it`s all just makeup?I hoped it also would be some personality included in the end.

But as i have mentioned before,my mind works in mysterious ways.(male modus) [Roll Eyes]

Regards.

[ 10. July 2008, 14:53: Message edited by: bandit ]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Oh.... there are lots of people that I think aren't knock outs that I think are very attractive lookly based on their personality. That's what I am saying though...that nobody always agrees on what they consider to be good looking....I think Angelina Jolie is another person who I think is really unattractive....that's just me...I know a billion people will disagree...to me I think what it is ...is the feminine thing....Angelina, Hilary, Cameron and Jessica...all do have masculine qualities about them....

I think that's the part I find more unattractive about them then their looks....

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Oh...and those are pictures of her that she has been worked on for hours to look like that...everyone can look pretty good when they have make up "artists", and hair "stylists"

How about this picture:

-

She still doesn't look bad to me. She looks tired. Definitely not manly.
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home