iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » What is everyone's top comic based movies? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What is everyone's top comic based movies?
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't seen that Shaolin Cowboy, any good?
Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess Howard the Duck is based on the Marvel Comic haha

-

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a guilty pleasure.
Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howard the Duck is awesome!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
Did you see Howard The Duck in theaters as a kid too? i did when i was 5 years old and loved it.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked it when I was a kid. I hated the songs, though!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
Hey Logan what did you think of the new Hulk movies? they are more true to the comics you know.

And in 2012 there will be a reboot of Superman coming soon in the mould of Batmam Begins. Christopher Nolan is helming as producer.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hey Logan what did you think of the new Hulk movies? they are more true to the comics you know.
I was actually disappointed in both of them, I think the CGI has definitely hampered how the Hulk comes across. I read the comics a lot growing up, and while the TV show was very different, I really liked the motivations they gave Banner and I thought that having a real man as the Hulk gave the character the humanity you needed from him - a little like Frankenstein. I hold out hope for a definitive screen adaptation.

quote:
And in 2012 there will be a reboot of Superman coming soon in the mould of Batmam Begins.
I'll be interested to see that. There's some real possibilities. I think the '78 version is virtually untoppable in terms of the caliber of people involved, but there's some real scope for re-imagining.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
Hulk will return in The Avengers, will that be awesome or what? well CGI helped the Hulk because the technology back then wasn't possible to make him as big as he is in the comics.

What do you think of Batman Begins and Dark Knight?

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Hulk will return in The Avengers, will that be awesome or what?
I'm trying to stay objective about the possibility of an Avengers movie because I was a fan growing up. We'll have to see how the 'Thor' and 'Captain America' movies do first I guess!

quote:
What do you think of Batman Begins and Dark Knight?
I liked them. I was more of a Marvel boy, though, so my heart is always with those characters. It seems to me Batman always had the best graphic novels, and Nolan was smart enough to go and learn from them what really worked for the character.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home