iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » English Football chat (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: English Football chat
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im a blackpool supporter through and through and just watched them lose unjustly to man city...first goal was offside, second goal was a foul on evatt...3 - 2....bring on the blues next week...beat em last 4 times, twice with 10 men

[ 18. October 2010, 02:31: Message edited by: P a u l ]

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´m a huge Premier League fan.
I watched both games yesterday and Blackpool played very well.
It´s a shame that they didn´t get any points.

Lots of electricity during the Everton-Liverpool match.
Liverpool having tough times early in the season.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Edited the title - not all of us are slaves to the EPL cash cows...... [Smile] Some of us are actually football fans!
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P a u l:
Edited the title - not all of us are slaves to the EPL cash cows...... [Smile] Some of us are actually football fans!

i like it Paul...well said...blackpool have just gone up this year. They were worth 3 million on the field compared to man city who are 17 times more and the biggest spenders this season and were (in my opinion)very lucky to get away with the points.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
I´m a huge Premier League fan.
I watched both games yesterday and Blackpool played very well.
It´s a shame that they didn´t get any points.

Lots of electricity during the Everton-Liverpool match.
Liverpool having tough times early in the season.

nice to hear it Atomik, who do you support? i saw the game ev - liv and your right. both teams gave it all. Its very hard to think that liverpool will be there at the end of the season but i really dont think they will be. Its only 9 weeks in and still early days. They need another 35 points to be safe from relegation and they are a big club...time to cowboy up, stop whinging and play good football like west brom, stoke and blackpool have. Spurs won away with injuries all round, blackpool have the best away record and look at how much money those clubs have.

lower down in the championship, id like to see leic get a few runs together and get through the ladder a little. QPR look set and sturdy to make a challenge for promotion, but like i said...early days.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oneyedwilly, I´m not a die-hard fan but i´d like too see Liverpool or Arsenal win the title for a change.
But most of all i like to see a good game.

Usually i support the underdog.
I was so pleased that West Brom stole a point from ManU [Cool]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oneyedwilly:
QPR look set and sturdy to make a challenge for promotion.

QFT. [Big Grin] [Cool]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
oneyedwilly, I´m not a die-hard fan but i´d like too see Liverpool or Arsenal win the title for a change.
But most of all i like to see a good game.

Usually i support the underdog.
I was so pleased that West Brom stole a point from ManU [Cool]

always love to see liverpool play well...for some reason they are one of those clubs that when they get it together they just play the most beautiful football...the passing is just sublime. Ill have to be honest and say that i have a strong dislike for Arsenal. Just one of those things i guess.
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for some reason they are one of those clubs that when they get it together they just play the most beautiful football...the passing is just sublime. Ill have to be honest and say that i have a strong dislike for Arsenal.

[Confused] That has to be a typo, surely.... [Razz]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bodhi Zephyr
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9067

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bodhi Zephyr   Email Bodhi Zephyr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An Arsenal fan since I was a wee lad, take that back, haha ;-) The slickest footy around, what else can I say!!?? Ok, ok maybe Barca give us a run for our money but we're still great!

And what about this Rooney saga... ridiculous!

Should we not talk about '80s footy here!??;-) Ok favourite '80s footy player............mine's gotta be RUDD GULLIT!!!!!!

Posts: 67 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
whoa now thats a question - gotta go with Marco van basten. Peter Bierdsly was pretty awsome at poaching goals. Arsenal seem to have a very young team right now. That team has seen some unbeleivable players
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
i have a £2 bet on eight games accumulator where i usually stand to win about £400 and havnt won yet and always bet £2 on 14 games picking 2 games from each section of seven games and last week if i won it would have been £34,670...i was 3 games off.
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though I'm an Arsenal fan, my favourite player growing up was the incredible, Chris Waddle.

An amazingly gifted player, that should have been born French. [Razz]

Waddle, Hoddle & Gascoigne, were the players admired the most on the continent. They weren't your typical English style players.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
those 3 players did to a degree emulate those from the busby era...they were just very gifted...the game is just different now. Goal poachers are a little rarer at the moment...aron johnson for man city looks good.
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
OH MY GOD!! Just watching Who wants to be a millionaire and these two people playing were stuck on this question . . . which football club does Wayne Rooney play for...Now i would excuse not knowing this if you were not living in england or perhaps a monk!! Jeeeeesh!!
Bodhi Zephyr
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9067

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bodhi Zephyr   Email Bodhi Zephyr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that's unforgivable, I mean even if you don't follow footy... he's been all over the tabloids for past few months! little rooney getting something on the side!
Posts: 67 | From: Dublin, Ireland | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bodhi Zephyr
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9067

Member Rated:
Not a liverpool fan but hey had some great '80s characters in their day... good old Barnsey, and Ian Rush with that milk ad of his, hehe!
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KEMMfV5-Qg

Brilliant [Smile]

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
loved watchin liverpool and everton in the 80s Johnstone for liverpool and peter beardsly were awsome.
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Earth Angel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KEMMfV5-Qg

Brilliant [Smile]

ROFL never knew about this
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoddle and Waddle!!!! Mullets galore. The epitome of 80's greatness [Smile]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bodhi Zephyr
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9067

Member Rated:
Haha, lovin where this is going! Don't see the overpaid stars of today bustin a move and singin a song

Gazza in his hey day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1urq4Vb0XM&feature=related

Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
Fog on the Tyne!!!! haha before he was friends with 'Moaty' dear oh dear. I so remember that coming out.

What about the number one hip hop legend that is........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnUh5LlrPZ4 [Wink]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
John Barnes was one of my favorite players when he was in Liverpool.
Good stuff guys!
This is going to be an interesting season.

oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
LOL john barnes singing that world cup song...'you can be slow or quick.....' just funny!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home