iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Visions of the future

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Visions of the future
All for Noms and Noms for all...
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for All for Noms and Noms for all...   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sitting in the middle of the desert gives you a lot of time to think about mundane things and here's a question...

What type of futuristic movies do you prefer?

Is it the post-apocalyptic Mad Max type?
The ultra cool and neon Blade Runner type
The cheesy Back to the Future 2/Demolition Man type?
Or the advanced technology Star Trek type.

or me its got to be the post-apocalyptic type. I also like the sci-fi grittiness of Serenity type movies that combine genres.

Opinions please.

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2497 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheesy BTTF - OBVIOUSLY!!!!

The others are a little depressing and don't have Michael J Fox running around a lot...which can only ever be a bad thing [Smile] xxx

Posts: 973 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like cheesey movies too
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly, I like them all...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for All for Noms and Noms for all...   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hated BTTF 2 and demolition man and those cheesy futuristic visions. Give me Salute of The Jugger, Mad Max and the like anyday...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2497 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the advanced technology Star Trek type movies are pretty cool. They make you think of where we might be going in the future...

- jdocster04 [Cool]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like Mad Max....it's depressing as hell...and don't even get me started on the cinematic hell that is Water world!!!...but you're right...BTTF 2 and 3 weren't great...1 is legend though X
Posts: 973 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
star trek world would be nice. not realistic, but not too far out there like serenity. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek types, even if you look back at the old episodes you realise how far ahead of their time they were: love that one with an opposite Kirk clone, vintage Shatner performace [Cool]
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
Shatner singing 'Lucy in the sky with diamonds' - now THAT is a vintage Shatner performance [Wink]
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yo NOMs.... what's up!! [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

Everything is gooooooooooooood.

PM me.

Noms [Cool]

Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Earth Angel:
Shatner singing 'Lucy in the sky with diamonds' - now THAT is a vintage Shatner performance [Wink]

-

Looking like a cross between James T. and John Inman from 'Are You Being Served?': "IIIII'm... free!"

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Evil Papa...!
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Last survivor of the NOMS-tromo...:
Sitting in the middle of the desert gives you a lot of time to think about mundane things and here's a question...

What type of futuristic movies do you prefer?

Is it the post-apocalyptic Mad Max type?
The ultra cool and neon Blade Runner type
The cheesy Back to the Future 2/Demolition Man type?
Or the advanced technology Star Trek type.

or me its got to be the post-apocalyptic type. I also like the sci-fi grittiness of Serenity type movies that combine genres.

Opinions please.

Noms [Cool]

Depends on my mood, but I basically like all kinds, but like I said it will depend on my mood @ the moment.
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Te-em
Rewinder
Member # 5958

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Te-em   Email Te-em   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Mad Max type. But I also like time travels as in Back to the Future.
Posts: 33 | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe a combo of Mad Max and Blade Runner...
Posts: 3842 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though it's kind of cheesy at times, I've been digging Barbarella, and Jane Fonda...vroom!
Posts: 4297 | From: Tuff Turf Academy | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home