iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » 80s movie references in Family Guy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80s movie references in Family Guy
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I was watching a few episodes last night, one of which was the one where they need to move to Texas 'cos the locals think Stewie is the spawn of the devil, and got a huge reference to Sixteen Candles at the end.

I realised that there are quite a few in the shows, definately recall Transformers, Terminator, and Risky Business as well.

Any other fans recall others?

Posts: 3408 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not TECHICALLY a movie but I loved when Chris got pulled into an A-HA video at the supermarket.

They seem to like INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM quite a lot.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=35239348392
Posts: 3231 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kowalski
Master Rewinder
Member # 8412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kowalski   Email Kowalski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In one episode they do 3 Stephen King stories Stand by Me, Misery and The Shawshank Redemption.

Here is the stand by me one
http://orlando.wrzuta.pl/film/8bWfvbES49E

Posts: 346 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

18 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't the whole show a series of 80's references? Seems to be the case whenever I watch it.
Posts: 3005 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 18  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ferris Bueller tribute in Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kash:
Ferris Bueller tribute in Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story.

Saw this one, they re-enacted the scene in the museum when camerron was looking at the painting of the little girl with the ice cream. There was a few bars of music sounding a lot like dream academys version of please please please let me get what i want (gee thats a long title to type!)
My house mate and gf didnt get what i was laughing at, ignorant.

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched another one last night and had an 80s LOL moment. The scene was the sign outside a building...

"TODAY : WOMENS AWARENESS PROGRAM

TOMORROW : DYSLEXIC MOVIE SOCIETY PRESENTS CHEVY CHASE IN FELTCH"

Posts: 3408 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home