iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » who did you fall head over heels for in the 80s?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: who did you fall head over heels for in the 80s?
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When i was in year/grade 6 at the age of 11 i was sat next to a chubby cheeked, sticky out eared, blond ponytailed academic girl named Hayley. She was the fastest runner, the best swimmer and the best at maths. She would walk home the same way as me but on the other side of the road and towards the end of the journey she would turn right, and me left. I never said a word to her all year ever! On the last day of school before we went off to separate high schools her friend told me she really liked me but was too shy to speak to me. Walking home one last time with her on the right side and me on the left i wanted to say something but did not. Before she turned off to the right, hayley yelled out 'Mark'. I looked at her and she said 'Ill never forget you'. Then she turned and ran down the street. I went inside my house that afternoon and cried for ages.
6 yrs later i bumped into her friend again - Belinda. I thought i could have a chance so i asked if shes seen Hayley. She had . . .in hospital. . . where she died from a brain bleed after getting hit by a bicycle.
I vowed from that day to always seize opportunities that come my way.

Id love to hear who you fell in love with in the 80s.

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a really sad story. "What if" is always painful to think about.

My first 'love' would have been in about '81. I was in infant school, and there was this girl that I only remember having brown hair and a yellow dress - I thought she was lovely. I can't actually remember her name (too young). I spent a whole term trying to get her to be my 'girlfriend' and she wasn't interested. I found out that she thought I was too rough because I got into fights a lot. Towards the end of term I finally got to spend some time with her on breaks and we talked and played, etc. She realised that I wasn't actually the way she'd thought and we were getting along great, but at the end of term her parents moved away *sob*! I was gutted! I'd only just managed to get through the door!

Still, I'll never forget the girl with the brown hair and the yellow dress whose name I think began with a 'K' (!)

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Willy thats totally sad [Frown] sorry to hear that.

Mine was 1st grade....Jason Hyser lol He had the biggest crush on me....We got married on the bridge on recess.We kissed lol it was my first kiss. I remember telling someone that story in highschool cause I was a shy girl with boys and they were like that doesn't count you were a kid...lol (I was mortified) I even have one of those class pictures on the bleahcers and he's staring at me in it....LOL I should go find that. [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
definately go find that. hilarious. jason hydser - wonder where he is now. When your a kid looking back we all say it doesnt count, but it does.hehe
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
and there was this girl that I only remember having brown hair and a yellow dress - I thought she was lovely.
wow Logan, what a memory you have.

quote:
but at the end of term her parents moved away *sob*! I was gutted! I'd only just managed to get through the door!
doh...gotta hate that! Could have travelled on your tricycle or roller skates.

quote:
Mine was 1st grade....Jason Hyser
you started early

quote:
My first 'love' would have been in about '81. I was in infant school
and its Logan out of the gates first though at the tender age of 4 or 5.
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The year was 1977, in third grade my guy was Mike. He collected rocks. I was a totally obnoxious, chasing him around, trying to give him sticky kisses from a lollipop. He put up with it though, and even allowed me to help him excavate rocks from the side of a hill at our school.
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well..my first would have to be this cute little Spanish girl that lived next door to us in Southern Cali. I was 8 years old if memory serves me correctly. She was only a couple years older, (about 10 or 11, can't remember which.)

Her name was Flora...

We only got to see each other outside of school because we both went to different schools.
I remember she was the most beautiful thing in the world to me at the time. My bedroom window faced the kitchen window to the house she lived in next door. So I'd peek over there quite often to try and catch a peek at her whenever I could. I had to be discreet of course, but how disreet could a 7 year old be..I got caught looking quite a few times. Her parents had to come over and tell my folks that I was peeping on more than one occasion. Then I'd get spanked and grounded and scolded and yadda yadda....you know the routine.

Flora & I would still hang out as playpals on weekends every now and then..but she was never aware that i'd be spying on her from next door, and she hadn't the faintest idea of how infatuated with her I really was. And I was too shy and unsure to tell her.

Anyway, as the cruelness of fate would have it. One night me and my family came home to find a slueth of ambulances and cop cars parked in the driveway and along the street next door. Now of course being as young as I was, I was left out in the dark as to what was going on. But it wasn't but a couple days later that I had to find out from Flora's father that Flora was dead. She was involved in a bathroom accident. She had been blowdrying her hair after a bath when she apparently slipped and fell in the bathtub which was still half full. And the hairdryer fell in with her. She was instantly electricuted to death.

needless to say, I cried and was very sad for quite awhile after this tragedy. But, time heals wounds and though it still makes me sad thinking back on it, I'm happy to have known her at least for a short while. And I know she's in a better place. Perhaps she's even been blessed with a new life by now. I just hope she's doing well wherever she is.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honest,funny and often troubling stories; kudos to everyone who's posted here so far.

Carpe diem seems to be the moral.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
my guy was Mike. He collected rocks
LOL God i havnt laughed like that in a long time. ROCKS!!!! LOL Loved your story Bam.

quote:
I was a totally obnoxious
I trust youve changed [Wink]

pyro
I loved your story mate. Thanks for sharing it...simply awsome.

Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was a kid in pre-school named Adam Mott...I don't remember much about him except we performed together in some Christmas play and he would always tell everyone I was his Girlfriend and hold my hand everywhere. Years later in Junior High one of my good friends knew him from church and we would relay messages back and forth to each other through her. Never did see him again though.

and Muffy, I think your kiss does count! [Smile]

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in 89 i shared a class at school with a girl called Rachel White,at the time i didn't know what it was about her but i couldn't wait for that class to role round just to spend an hour near her.All her friends new i really liked her but she played hard to get the whole year,then it was almost like my last chance so i asked her to my Prom and she said yes.We dated for a while after that but it didn't work out it the long run,strange though when i think about her now i am always reminded of how i felt trying to get her and not really how we were together.Still i was only 16.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
We dated for a while after that but it didn't work out it the long run,strange though when i think about her now i am always reminded of how i felt trying to get her and not really how we were together.Still i was only 16.
Feelings at those ages we are talking about are so intense and in hind sight its easy to say it wasnt real love or it was just a crush...but you cant live in hind sight i feel. I only live for the moment and hopefully look back on memories with fondness. Im sure your feelings were just as true then as they are now for whom ever you are with.
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
im rating everyone who had the get up to post on here.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I was a totally obnoxious, chasing him around, trying to give him sticky kisses from a lollipop.

I trust youve changed [Wink]

She hasn't changed a bit! The only difference is they're 'ice-cream' kisses now. [Eek!]

quote:
pyro
I loved your story mate. Thanks for sharing it...simply awsome.

Heartbreaking. There's a lot of tragedy on this thread.

quote:
and Muffy, I think your kiss does count! [Smile]
Seconded! If it counts to you it counts period.

quote:
Feelings at those ages we are talking about are so intense and in hind sight its easy to say it wasnt real love or it was just a crush...but you cant live in hind sight i feel.
Hormones and newly-discovered feelings = intensity!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
She hasn't changed a bit! The only difference is they're 'ice-cream' kisses now.
haha

quote:
Hormones and newly-discovered feelings = intensity!
oh yeah!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home