iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Oscars 2010 --Live! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Oscars 2010 --Live!
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Avatar was a bloated cartoon. Visually good, but story... bleugh!

Bigelow has earned her spurs so I'm glad to see her win the first Oscar for the ladies.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're not the first person I've heard say that, but this is one of the few times where I just don't get the skywalker warm reception.

3D is, and always will be, a crowd pleasing gimmick. But I enjoyed the story, great action sequences a little too much tree hugging at times but its anti-imperial stance was clear & commendable IMO.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by There'll be no morning for us:
Sorry Kash but I'm absolutely delighted Avatar didn't win [Razz] I hated every second of that thing  -

i was happy it didn't win, as well. visually groundbreaking, but absolutely overrated. i couldn't sit through that movie again. bored me to tears!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From "Love Potion #9" to an Oscar for "The Blind Side" .. Wow

My fav Sandra Bullock performance was actually a suppporting role in the movie "A Time To Kill"..

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said this in the 80's movie section... but I thought the John Hughes tribute was very good. The montage was excellent though way to short for an 80's fan. I was hoping they could talk Michael Schoeffling into coming out of hiding for the tribute. How awesome would that have made it?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certainly would have been fine. Wonder why Steve didn't bother coming out on stage for it, though; he's as much of the Hughesian legacy himself (indeed, he should well have gotten a nomination--not necessarily the win, mind you, but certainly the nomination--for Neal as I see it).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was reading a short article on who was at the Vanity Fair Oscars party. After mentioning Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep, Sandra Bullock, etc. it said that P. DIDDY was there. Just what is it that this P. Diddy, aka Puff Daddy, does? Why is he invited to the Oscars in the first place? Really? A rapper thug that gets away with everything.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In defence of P Diddy a.k.a. Sean Combs: I'm not that familiar with all his music, but he is an Emmy nominated actor with movie producing credits to his name.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home