iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Let's play Global Thermonuclear Rewind (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Let's play Global Thermonuclear Rewind
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As everyone knows The 80's Rewind attracts people from around the world. So I thought it would be cool for each of us to post where we live and see exactly how diverse a group we have on The Rewind...

I'll start ...

I'm originally from Lexington, Kentucky....but currently live in Cincinnati, Ohio USA

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in the coastal town of Ocean Grove in Victoria, Australia.

I originally resided in a country city in the same state, Bendigo.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm also in Victoria, Australia, in a rural city called Wangaratta
Wangaratta means "meeting of the rivers" in the local indigenous language of the Meriwa people... or alternative "the gateway to everywhere interesting" as there is absolutely nothing interesting here!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm from Nova Scotia, Canada. Me and my wife bought a house on the street I grew up on, so essentially...I've lived on the same street for my entire life. Most may find that boring, however, I'm very happy to be raising my son here.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Born and raised in the Chicago suburbs...Also, lived in Alabama briefly when I was a kid and in Vegas a few years ago.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Born and raised in Odense, third largest city in Denmark, but that ain't saying much! A real zhithole, if you ask me. Ridiculous crime rates for a city with only 180.000 people. But then again, we are also the city with the largest population of foreign immigrants and refugees. And I don't mean that in a racist way, that is just pure facts and statistics.

Some of you people may complain that you live in a boring town. But trust me, I would rather live in a boring town or neighbourhood, than having to barricade my door with my mountainbike at night, and having the baseball bat handy at all times.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born in raised in Springfield, Missouri.I'm a Midwestern girl and I don't have an accent. Moved up to Washington State 12 or so years ago.........."all the way to Tacoma"
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Southampton on the south coast of England.Have lived there all my life,never had the need to leave.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Born in London a few too many years ago, and all my life I have slowly moved westwards. In 44 years, I've made it around 25 miles.

My speed is therefore just over half a miler per year, and by the example set by tortoises (who crawl along but never seem to die) I should outlive the lot of you!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul, I have you beat, I was born in the hospital around the corner from the house I now own, a distance of no more than 500 metres.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stitch wins!

I was born in Hampshire, and I still live in Farnborough, Hampshire.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born in Halifax, England but currently live in Detmold, Germany. In a few months I'll be moving to Belfast; Northern Ireland which is interestingly where I lived when I first joined the Rewind all those years ago...

Well traveled Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Born in Middletown NY, and have lived in Staten Island NY since 1982. There are a few city people on here.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lived my whole life to date in Tamaqua, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania, the heart of the anthracite coal region, not all that far from Wilkes-Barre, where HBO was born.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have moved too many times to count!

ok I can count, and I am exaggerating, but you know what I mean!

Northern Michigan
Chicago
NYC
Middle Michigan (yes I am holding up my hand pointing)
Central Indiana
Western Indiana
And when I walk to get my mail everyday, I walk into Illinois!

Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born in Monterey, California and now reside in Hawaii.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
journey.. I totally love Maui.. As close to paradise as I've ever been. Hope to return again next year.

Do you live on the big island?

What are your thoughts on movies like "North Shore" and "Aloha Summer"?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born in Birmingham, England, but moved to London when I was about 2 years old.

I still live & work in London.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Has anyone read through this thread and noticed how diverse this group is.. kinda cool. We need to mark a globe to see how many continents were are representing.

Of course.. if EJ keeps moving we might have to get a seperate globe for just her adventures.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're like eighties sleeper cells waiting to rise up and take over! Yeah... today The Rewind... tomorrow the world!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born in Glasgow Scotland UK in 1980 i live in a town about 9 miles from Glasgow called East Kilbride for the last 25 years
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liverpool, England.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in what's called the Peninsula/Bay Area-about 10 miles south of San Francisco, California. Born and raised here; no plans to ever leave [Smile]
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Born and raised in Independence, Missouri. 3 hours north of Muffys birthplace. Pretty much lived within a 15 mile radius my whole life.

A current shot of the theater where many 80's flicks were viewed by myself.
 -

The entrance to the local drive-in

-

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Born in Hammersmith, London in 1981. Do
I get any Rewind points for that? Huh? Anyone?

You can call me the Hammersmith Hardman, the Hammersmith Crumpet Radar or call me Bernie, I mean my father is Mr. Lomax, right?

Lived in South Australia most of my life. I wouldn't recommend it.

Where's JAY LEE BTW? I miss his quirky humour.

[ 25. August 2012, 02:40: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home