iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » This is just horrible...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This is just horrible...
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night the two middle schools in my county played each other in a boys' basketball game. One of the kids, an 8th grader, died on the court. Rumor is that he had drank Red Bull before he played. I just wonder if there was some kind of underlying condition that no one knew about. It's so sad...that young....
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would have been something unrelated, and almost certainly unknown. Red Bull don't do that.

It doesn't take away the tragedy, but it would not have been down to drinking an energy drink.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We all figured that...I'm not sure how exactly that rumor got started...you know how kids are. There is supposed to be an investigation into it, so I hope they can find something that will shed some light on it.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awful and at such a young age. Red Bull does speed the heart rate up but it could have been something unrelated.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1568575/Red-Bull-can-worsen-heart-risk.html

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Pooh
Master Rewinder
Member # 5798

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Princess Pooh   Email Princess Pooh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor kid. I doubt very much that a can of red bull will kill you.

A work colleague of mine's son died suddenly whilst playing Rugby, turns out he had a form of Leukaemia that he was not aware of, he was a fit and healthy lad who loved his sports, such a sad thing.

Posts: 156 | From: London | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Petty, I would guess he had an underlying condition as well. There was a girl I went to high school with who had a heart condition and she was told she couldnt play sports. Her parents let her, and she was an amazing basketball player. She knew she would pass eventually and wanted to live life. She is still alive, but struggles through the day.

I feel horrible for everyone involved. Including the witnesses at the basketball game, and especially the family. It's just horrible.

Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aceofspades70
Senior Rewinder
Member # 6247

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for aceofspades70   Author's Homepage   Email aceofspades70       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drank a can of Red Bull once, it didn't do ****.

My condolences to the young man's family.

I think it's all hype about the product; advertise anything the right way, and become an instant millionaire.

Posts: 90 | From: Nashville, TN. | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home