iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Some movies I just got...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some movies I just got...
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend gave me a Blockbusters gift card for my birthday....and they were having a movie sale...so I bought:

The Brave One
Mr. Magorium's Wonder Imporium
Rendition
No Reservations

I was thinking of watching No Reservations tomorrow night with some friends. Someone told me they loved it. I was thinking I might really like it, since I love to cook.

Has anyone seen any of these movies?

How violent is The Brave One?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not seen any of these. Let us know how they are as you watch them. Thanks.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No Reservations, though not usually my kind of movie, is actually quite good.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen any of them...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis,

The Brave One is very violent but good.
No Reservations is very good if not a bit "campy".

[Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not seen any of those movies, though I've heard of them except "Rendition".

"Mr. Magorium" sounds like an imitation of the 1971 "Willy Wonka" movie (starring Gene Wilder).

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rendition is the movie with Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhal.

Jdoc-what's does "very Violent" mean. I know they are victims of violence...that her boyfriend is killed...

I can handle some stuff....but there are images I don't want to see.

I think the movie "The Accused" is a really well done movie...but that rape scene in that movie, is just so horrible and brutal...and a scene I wish I never saw.....

There's another scene like that in the movie "The Guardian" with Martin Sheen and Louis Gosset Jr. , and I hate that scene. I like the movie...but I hate those scenes.

So....I am not sure yet if I will watch it. I know my mom will watch it, because that stuff doesn't bother her like it bothers me. I might watch it once I know exactly what is going to happen.

I am weird about watching a movie....alot of times I like to know what is going to happen before it happens. Alot of people hate that. My Aunt won't even watch the previews for a movie- because she doesn't want to know anything about the movie before she sees it...but that isn't me.

And I talk constantly through movies, and I ask whomever I am watching the movie with-I ask them a billion questions as I watch the movie.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Noooooooooo not you lol.........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
My Aunt won't even watch the previews for a movie- because she doesn't want to know anything about the movie before she sees it...

I am like that with TV shows. I will never watch the previews for next weeks show. I don't even want a hint of what is going to happen.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Rendition is the movie with Reese Witherspoon and Jake Gyllenhal.

Jdoc-what's does "very Violent" mean. I know they are victims of violence...that her boyfriend is killed...

I can handle some stuff....but there are images I don't want to see.

I think the movie "The Accused" is a really well done movie...but that rape scene in that movie, is just so horrible and brutal...and a scene I wish I never saw.....

There's another scene like that in the movie "The Guardian" with Martin Sheen and Louis Gosset Jr. , and I hate that scene. I like the movie...but I hate those scenes.

So....I am not sure yet if I will watch it. I know my mom will watch it, because that stuff doesn't bother her like it bothers me. I might watch it once I know exactly what is going to happen.

I am weird about watching a movie....alot of times I like to know what is going to happen before it happens. Alot of people hate that. My Aunt won't even watch the previews for a movie- because she doesn't want to know anything about the movie before she sees it...but that isn't me.

And I talk constantly through movies, and I ask whomever I am watching the movie with-I ask them a billion questions as I watch the movie.

Isis,

I figured the violence might bother you. The scene where her and her boyfriend (walking in the park) are attacked is pretty violent. Lots of face and head smashing (both of them) blood etc. A couple of other parts as well, but, you really have to see them for continuity reasons. The most violent part though was when they are attacked walking in the park. I didn't find it disturbing but I thought you might. If it bothers you then do a quick "fast forward" through it. It only lasts about three minutes. All you really have to understand is what happens after the attack and you learn this in the next scene.Otherwise it was a good flick.

Hope this helps,

- jdoc [Wink]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I watched No Reservations tonight...I thought since it was my wedding anniversary...and we went to dinner- and had a great meal...that this movie might be a good one afterwards. It was like watching a bunch of movies all meshed together...first I thought I was watching Mr.Mom- there's almost an exact scene where the babysitter shows up...and she's dressed all in gothic attire...with a giant hoop in her nose...and has her ipod head set on...she said "the agency sent her"...I was hoping that Kate slammed the door in her face...like Michael Keaton and said "I don't think so"....but she let the girl in and left the kid with her. What a difference a few decades make.

Then it seemed to turn in to Curly Sue...then it went to Kramer Vs. Kramer...and then there was some 9 1/2 weeks going on...when they started liking each other.

I didn't like any of the chemistry between them...and the lead guy-I don't even know his name- he played Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight...he was annoying...and arrogant...and I didn't even think he was good looking...I just thought they could have done a better job on it.

Bluck.

I am glad I only paid $5 for it.

It was totally boring.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never buy a movie unless I've saw it at the theaters, on tv, or rented it first. It's a good way to get burned no matter how low the price is. I watched Black Rain on tv to make sure I liked it and I only paid $4 for it afterwards......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
If I buy DVDs and they are crap, I just resell them on ebay.
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw The Brave One. I thought it was a weaker version of Death Wish. It kept taking safe and obvious turns, instead of getting rawer and more introspective. And the ending was completely unsatisfying to me. It felt like Death Wish for the bleeding heart crowd.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That's exactly what I thought it was going to be, just by the preview. I thought this is a female version of Death Wish.

It is funny...just because the name of the title is different....and you think for a second you might be going to watch something original...then you do, and it's a remake of another movie, or a combination of some others.

It's just like No Reservations...that was almost to the line on be exactly like all those movies I listed. Nothing original at all about it...and she was an arrogant, self absorbed person, and so was the guy- so who cares if they hooked up.

Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My g/f just came home yesterday with The Devil wears Prada and A Knights Tale, and I have to be honest, for a couple of 'chick flix', I thought thtat they were actually really good. She had mentioned the No Reservation movie and decided not to buy it, wont she be glad after reading the reviews on here. [Smile]
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
just bought all 3 Bourne films...

The Bourne Identity (Widescreen Extended Edition)
The Bourne Supremacy (Widescreen Edition)
The Bourne Ultimatum (Widescreen Edition)

I love the action/Kali action in these movies.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home