iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 98)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 98 pages: 1  2  3  ...  95  96  97  98   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! Started Mel Gibson marathon with Hacksaw Ridge but im gonna continue chronologically from now on so Summer City (1977) next [Smile]
Posts: 6949 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dark Waters (2003)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0391908/

"Moneyless, ocean-exploring gigolo and his worldly lady-friend are forced to take part in looking into the possibility that aggression - utilizing marine life - is being planned." (IMDb)

This was a weak low-budget actioner starring Lorenzo Lamas and australian tv-show McLeod's Daughters star Simmone Mackinnon.
Lots of pretty bad cgi and stupid behavior here but im a big Lamas fan and Mackinnon looked sexy so it was not a complete waste of time [Big Grin]

Posts: 6949 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Elle (2016)

"A successful businesswoman gets caught up in a game of cat and mouse as she tracks down the unknown man who raped her." (IMDb)

A very good Paul Verhoeven film made in France and based on the novel Oh... by Philippe Djian.
Interesting story, great cast and characters plus that special Verhoeven touch. Recommended!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Hangman (2015) - When home invasion films are done well there isn't anything really that gets under my skin more. But this was just horrid. Right from the off it got on my nerves with the crappy acting and the blase attitude of the family when they returned from holiday to find their home had been broken into. This fruitloop is living in their house, watching everything in the attic on camera, walking around filming right where they could walk out and catch him and there is zero tension. You know that nothing is gonna happen till the end and then when that part comes it doesn't even make sense to what he was trying to set up right before. Most unbelievable moment, the guy comes down for a glass of water in the night in the dark while being filmed by the intruder with a big beaming white light on him and he doesn't even notice. Annoying cos this could of been really creepy.

Hangman definitely had its faults but I didn't find it to be quite as bad as you did Helen though I certainly agree that there's no way on earth that he (the intruder) could have gone undetected for as long as he did the way he was carrying on around there home!

Not seen Hacksaw Ridge Atomik but definitely want to as it looks pretty great but did watch the recent Gibson thriller Blood Father the other day which was fairly decent and featured one of the last performances from Michael Parks who sadly passed away a little while back!

Posts: 3247 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

I spit on Your Grave 2 (2013)

"When Katie innocently accepts an offer to have new photos taken for her portfolio, the experience quickly turns into a nightmare of rape, torture and kidnapping.
Now, she will have to find the strength to exact her brutal revenge." (IMDb)

While not as good as the remake or the original, it was quite ok if youre in the mood for this kind of junk.
Jemma Dallender gives all she got and the bulgarians are real SOBs. Like Helen says, i need to take a shower now [Big Grin]

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "I Spit" series has really run its course. I thought that #2 was just ridiculous. I saw part of the original again on one of the pay channels a couple of weeks ago, and for as many times as I've seen it, it's still nasty/powerful. It's one of those films that I've never really been sure of. You can't dismiss it as junk because clearly there is some intelligence behind it, but it is extremely difficult to watch. It's a film to debate forever.
Posts: 2022 | From: America's Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Like Helen says, i need to take a shower now [Big Grin] [/QB]
Haha [Big Grin] Part 3 was better!
Posts: 3781 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are made of stronger stuff than I am, Helen, to sit through yet another "I Spit" film. [Smile]
Posts: 2022 | From: America's Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Razz]

Night of the living Deb - This was just a plodding along so so zombie comedy for the first half an hour or more with nothing particularly thrilling about the 2 leads. Then Ray Wise and Chris Marquette who played his adopted son came into it and it was a pretty fun time after that.

Posts: 3781 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Cherry Tree - As far as modern teen witchy films go this one was pretty good indeed! It was really dark and got more and more depressing as it went on. It had a lovely brooding atmosphere and the great effects towards the end made me think of Hellraiser. They were fab. The end scene was cute and funny.
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Eaten Alive! The Fall and Rise of The Italian Cannibal Films (2015)

Not a huge fan of the genre - I've only seen Holocaust, but found this to be an informative and enlightening documentary about the Cannibal films.

Posts: 1513 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -  -

The Amazing Spider-Man (2012) & The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

Watched both Spider-Man films starring Andrew Garfield and while the first one was a good reboot start, the sequel is one the best comic book films ever made.

Too bad that they had to end this chapter and make yet another spidey reboot because the creative team behind these films did pretty awesome work.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yay, I much preferred these over the Raimi films!
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Midnight Special (2016)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2649554/

"A father and son go on the run, pursued by the government and a cult drawn to the child's special powers." (IMDb)

Pure homage to 80s fantasy/sci-fi films so check it out if you enjoy movies like Firestarter, Starman and 70s classic Close Encounters of the Third Kind.
Nice cast, interesting story, great atmosphere and supercool synth soundtrack. Recommended!

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Midnight Special is like Firestarter reimagined as an art film. I agree--extremely well done by writer-director Jeff Nichols, who is the real deal. This guy has lots of talent.
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, im gonna check out Take Shelter next.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Legend
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and I went to see Wind River on Friday night. I really liked it. It was a slow burner, then BAM! It was written and directed by Taylor Sheridan, known to me as as an actor, the Sheriff in the tv series Sons of Anarchy. He has also written Sicario and Hell or High Water. I had wanted to see Hell or High Water, and now I need to find where I can watch it. This guy Taylor Sheridan has found his calling. And he hasn't really had a huge tv/movie careeer if you look at his IMDb page. Also want to say that Jeremy Renner is looking at the go- to guy for good dramas. I thought he was excellent in his part.
Posts: 1993 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

"Plagued by a series of apocalyptic visions, a young husband and father questions whether to shelter his family from a coming storm, or from himself." (IMDb)

Take Shelter (2011) was a good drama directed by Jeff Nichols starring Michael Shannon and Jessica Chastain.

Its a downbeat tale of a sickness with great performance from the cast. NOT a date movie [Smile]

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Nichols and Jeremy Saulnier, who did Green Room and Blue Ruin, are my two new favorite directors. Both young guys really have a handle on their material.

[ 05. October 2017, 20:24: Message edited by: Crash ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Get Over It (2001)

"When Berke Landers, a popular high school basketball star, gets dumped by his life-long girlfriend, Allison, he soon begins to lose it.
But with the help of his best friend Felix's sister Kelly, he follows his ex into the school's spring musical.
Thus endues a love triangle loosely based upon Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream", where Berke is only to find himself getting over Allison and beginning to fall for Kelly." (IMDb)

This was pretty lame teen comedy with a very familiar story. Ben Foster has no charisma and most of the jokes make me yawn.
Martin Short is good though so if you like him, check it out.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Legend
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gerald's Game, on Netflix. Based on the Stephen King story. Carla Gugino and Bruce Greenwood star. She was excellent. I'd give the movie a 7 out of 10.
Posts: 1993 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Legend
Member # 7514

We went to see American Made, starring Tom Cruise, last night. The story of Barry Seal,a pilot who smuggled guns for the U.S. to Nicaragua, and smuggled cocaine into the U.S for the Medellin cartel. Good story, lots of action. I'm sure parts of it were fictitious (it is "based on a true story") but overall a fun movie. Loved the 80's hairstyle on Tom Cruise!
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
[QB] We went to see American Made, starring Tom Cruise, last night.

American Made is a remake of the 1991 film DOUBLE CROSSED starring Dennis Hopper. I have not seen AM but have seen Double Crossed. I thought it was pretty good. I didn't realize AM was about Barry Seal until I read your post Pittsburghgirl. Will try to watch it just to compare them.

Posts: 1527 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the look of American Made and it's picking up some really great reviews,I haven't seen any of Cruise's movies since 2010s Knight And Day with Cameron Diaz which was seriously daft but also quite good fun!
Posts: 3247 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Legend
Member # 7514

Gold (2016) starring Matthew McConaughey. A prospector teams up with a geologist to find a fortune in gold mining. Another period movie for me, this one also set in late 1970's- 1980's. It was a good film, but seemed a bit too long. Definitely worth a watch on Netflix. I liked it, but it seemed to be lacking something. But still worth watching.
  This topic comprises 98 pages: 1  2  3  ...  95  96  97  98   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home