iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 92)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) which was a pretty entertaining Marvel flick.

The cast was ok, i especially liked Michael Rooker. This spaceopera has lots of action, some funny moments, and amazing special effects.
Maybe one or two too many familiar pop tunes on the soundtrack (i said the same thing when reviewing The Martian) and the action scenes sometimes have so much going on it´s confusing.

However, this is a good start for this franchise, part two coming 2017.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Guardians. It was entertaining enough (you gotta love a genetically enhanced raccoon voiced by Bradley Cooper). And I really enjoyed the oldies on the soundtrack. It all made for a fun movie experience. I'm looking forward to seeing Kurt Russell as Chris Pratt's dad in part two.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, i noticed that he´ll play Ego. Russell is a legend!
And what is Sly doing among the credited cast?

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kurt Russell makes any movie better! No idea what Sly is up to in the film, but I'm down with it. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Definitely [Cool]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kurt Russell is awesome has anyone seen Bone Tomahawk?

-

Two sisters decide to throw one last house party before their parents sell their family home.- From IMDB

Watched Sister's (2015) last night starring Tina Fey and Amy Poehler which was an enjoyable enough chick flick/ bad taste comedy with some decent laughs though it was probably a little bit overlong running just shy of 2 hours!

Felt a bit like a throwback to some of the 80s teen comedies this one plus it had the bonus of some fun cameos from James Brolin and Dianne Wiest as the girls despairing parents as well as appearance's from John Leguizamo and American Wrestler John Cena so this while not being absolutely great was still a fun way to pass a couple of hours!

https://youtu.be/vRnhEjP3R-c Sisters (2015) trailer.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Ghostbusters reboot. OK, OK, before you start, it's not a stain on the classic original and is passably fun entertainment. I like the four leads very much, though Kristen Wiig, after doing some good work in indie stuff like The Skeleton Twins and Welcome to Me, is the least impressive. She's back to doing that little awkward voice of hers, and she's pretty much lost in all the big action set pieces. For once, Melissa McCarthy underplays effectively and doesn't do her usual one-note, loud, obnoxious, flailing about performance. Leslie Jones tones her loud schtick down too and gets some laughs. Chris Hemsworth, playing probably the stupidest male movie character since Bill Pullman in Ruthless People, gets a laugh every time he opens his mouth. But the star-making turn comes from Kate McKinnon, who steals every scene she's in, whether she has dialogue or is just in the background standing around. It's such a nutty, inspired performance that the brilliant McKinnon is an instant star. What makes her great is that she will do anything for a laugh--including making romantic eyes at Wiig for no reason or eating a can of Pringle's potato chips at a tense moment--and literally gives a demented performance for an audience of one, herself. (I dare you not to laugh as she dances across the room to Rhythm of the Night by DeBarge, setting things on fire with a propane torch.) She's something to see and single-handedly elevates the movie which misses a lot of opportunities to be really good.

Most disappointing, and the less said the better about it, is Bill Murray's cameo. I have never seen such a dispirited performance by a major star. Murray looks like he'd rather be doing anything other than be in the film. After he phoned in his performance in St. Vincent and struggled through the horrid, laugh-free Rock the Kasbah (a movie that actually made the charming rascal Murray unlikable), this is his third strike. It's heresy to suggest it, but perhaps it's time for him to retire and rest on his laurels.

Cool, will be seeing Ghostbusters next week I think. Sad to hear about the cameo. Must disagree with his performance in St. Vincent tho, I thought he was great and loved the film!
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Secret In Their Eyes (2009) - This film stuck with me for days. The writing, direction, the acting, everything was just wonderful. A beautiful, which seems weird to say with a story like this, haunting thriller that had me for every minute.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek Beyond (2016)

Action packed with humour and no little sadness when you see Anton Yeltsin on screen. A good effort.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched Bond film Skyfall (2012).

Something just didn´t "click" here and i think that this was the worst Craig era Bond movie so far.

It´s overlong and the plot really wasn´t that interesting. I was expecting more from Mendes and Bardem.
There´s also too much M here.

I liked the Shanghai and Macau visits, excellent lightning in the Shanghai skyscraper scene.

I hope that Spectre will be better.

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Centurion (2010)

Neil Marshall's follow-up to his excellent Doomsday (2008) provides lots of carnage and bloodshed
when several Roman soldiers try to get back from behind enemy lines after their legion of 3000 is ambushed
and brutally killed in the year 117 A.D.

Visually stunning and great action scenes, but i found it to be a bit uninvolving with no one to root for.

The female warrior Etain from Centurion may be an ancenstor of Doomsday's Viper character. [Big Grin]

-  -

Etain (Centurion) on the left , and Viper (Doomsday) on the right.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Watched Bond film Skyfall (2012).

Something just didn´t "click" here and i think that this was the worst Craig era Bond movie so far.

It´s overlong and the plot really wasn´t that interesting. I was expecting more from Mendes and Bardem.
There´s also too much M here.

I liked the Shanghai and Macau visits, excellent lightning in the Shanghai skyscraper scene.

I hope that Spectre will be better.

Skyfall was far closer to feel and style of the original Fleming Novels than anything since Thunderball. I really enjoyed it, for that key reason. I doubt many people, brought up on a diet of gadgets, explosions and huge sets, would appreciate that aspect, hence why Skyfall didn't get as high ratings as it actually deserved.
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I went to see Ghostbusters the other day and I loved, loved the first hour so much. Then it just died a death for a while but then came back for a fun ending. All the leads were really good and the ghosts were cool. I agree that Bill Murray's cameo wasn't great but then Sigourney Weaver's wasn't much better. I did really enjoy Ernie Hudson's and Annie Potts' though!
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
As I said, I didn't really mind Ghostbusters, but there were so many missed opportunities. There are some good laughs early on--"every luxury including a face bidet and an anti-Irish security fence"--but I think that the movie is way underwritten. The original has so much classic, quotable dialogue (The "dogs and cats" speech is one for the ages.), this one not so much. The ghosts are very cool, though.

[ 11. August 2016, 12:39: Message edited by: Crash ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The new Ghostbusters doesn't sound as bad as I'd imagined though i wished that they had managed one last sequel featuring the original cast members instead of leaving it all these years to reboot the series with an all new female cast!

-

So-so comedy from 2014 Starring Elizabeth Banks and James Marsden about a TV reporter who spends a drunken night out on the town with her friends and wakes up in James Marsden's apartment where she receives a voicemail telling her to get back to the studio a.s.a.p to be interviewed for her dream job as the main News Anchor.

Trouble is her car has been towed with her wallet and all monies,I.D's etc.inside,she's also in the seediest part of town and to top it all off she is wearing her friends quite provocative yellow dress and the fact she is meant to have a squeaky clean image for the News Anchor job means she's got a struggle on her hands to make it out of this nightmare scenario untarnished!

In all truth it's not a bad comedy with quite a fun though well worn plot it's just that a lot of the humour in the latter half I felt fell slightly flat
and that as a whole the film did not quite live up to it's full potential!

Still Elizabeth Banks gives a fun performance and looks very easy on the eye and James Marsden is likeable as the barman she hitches up with and the movie does leave you with a smile on your face but I don't know there was just something missing!

Not bad and maybe it will improve with further viewings and the fact it was a mega cheap Blind buy makes the fact it weren't quite the laugh riot I was expecting a bit easier to swallow!

https://youtu.be/RTHZEFo7JsY - Walk Of Shame trailer (2014).

[ 11. August 2016, 13:44: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Metro Manila - Described on TV as a violent thriller. While there was a bit of both it was for the most part a really depressing drama so naturally I loved it!
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

The Shallow's which I watched at the theatre last night which was a lot of fun with a cool looking Shark and a few real jump out ya seat moments!

Only downside was that the final 10-15 minutes do descend into complete silliness but if you cut it some slack you'll really enjoy it!

I'm normally one to moan about computer effects over practical but the shark here looked mightily impressive (especially the first underwater face on encounter with it) and it helped no end in adding to the tension!

I've come close to it before with just 6 other people being in the theatre when I watched the Last House On The Left Remake but last night at the late showing (started 11.20pm) of The Shallow's it was only my wife and I in total in the entire theatre which was pretty cool!

https://youtu.be/EgdxIlSuB70 - The Shallow's trailer (2016).

[ 14. August 2016, 04:12: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I'm not reading as I'm going to see this tonight [Razz]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I just watched and loved Rango [Big Grin]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:

Hope you enjoy it Helen,you seem to get to the pictures quite a bit what's your fave of the year so far?
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Shallows started off like a seedy music video, then became really serious and a little tense. I agree the shark looked really cool. But I must admit it was the absurdity of the end part that did it for me. The whole audience laughing. I couldn't work out if it was intentional humour or not lol

That is so friggin' good when you get the place to yourself. That and the price is why I usually do matinees!

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
quote:

Hope you enjoy it Helen,you seem to get to the pictures quite a bit what's your fave of the year so far?
I haven't been too much this year as there just hasn't been much jumping out at me. But Deadpool is by far my fave so far. [Smile] Even though I wasn't keen on the Blair Witch 1 and 2 I still might go and see the new one next month and I'm interested in seeing Lights Out as well [Smile]
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone see Nicolas Winding Refn's latest ?

-

The Neon Demon (2016)

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
quote:

I haven't been too much this year as there just hasn't been much jumping out at me. But Deadpool is by far my fave so far. [Smile] Even though I wasn't keen on the Blair Witch 1 and 2 I still might go and see the new one next month and I'm interested in seeing Lights Out as well [Smile]
Yeah Lights Out looks pretty decent,they had a trailer for the Blair Witch the other night when I went as well as this one advertised - Don't Breathe which I thought looked quite good as well!

https://youtu.be/7koudwTqe0Q - Don't Breathe Red band trailer.

Neon Demon looks quite weird and wonderful Johnny and is picking up some decent reviews,i'd never heard of it till last Week when i saw it advertised on the UK page of Blu Ray.com Slated for a UK blu release sometime this Autumn!

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Ooh, that trailer looks good and home invasion films can really freak me out!
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home