iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 87)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah i enjoyed lets be cops pittsburghgirl,really silly stuff and very funny in places,it was better than i thought it was going to be actually.

wild card was an ok jason statham tough guy thriller,not a patch on the burt reynolds thriller - heat which used the exact same plot,statham's alright but nowhere near as cool or characteristic as good ol burt!

[ 19. January 2016, 08:11: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched The Lifeguard (2013)

"A former valedictorian quits her reporter job in New York and returns to the place she last felt happy: her childhood home in Connecticut.
She gets work as a lifeguard and starts a dangerous relationship with a troubled teenager." (IMDb)

Not a very good drama this one. The main characters are so "lost" and act so stupid i couldn´t really care for them.
So skip this one and check out the much better Lifeguard (1976) with Sam Elliott and Anne Archer instead.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently went with a buddy to see The Hateful Eight at the movies. Much of the scenery was pleasing to the eye....horse drawn carriage is the snow, however (and this may be attributed to the fact that I had just driven in a car for 5 hours returning from PEI visiting my brother...so I was extremely tired)....but I hated this movie! Again, tired, but there was just too much dialogue....I find that they rambled and rambled...and I just didn't want to hear their voices anymore. Love lots of Quinton's stuff (love love love Pulp Fiction), but I'll never re-visit this movie again.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you are saying man. I actually can't stand any of his movies. They are too dialogue heavy and you do get sick of hearing them waffle on. It's like Tarantino is trying to prove how smart he is but it comes across to me as just being pretentious.

I can't stand Samuel L. Jackson either. He is just a major sell out. Would endorse anything for an extra 10 bucks in his pocket.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree about Samuel as well. Plays the same character in every movie (angry yeller), and almost impossible to detach the actor from the character...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

This was a pretty decent watch the 2010 australian horror thriller - the clinic starring tabrett bethell and the late Andy whitfield ( spartacus -tv series) who died the following year from non - Hodgkin's lymthoma.

-

What it is about is a couple that book into a rundown seedy looking hotel in a very desolate looking part of - new south Wales Australia and on the first night there the guy (whitfield) Can't sleep so he decides to pop into town to grab some Chinese food and he decides that instead of waking her (bethell) that to leave his heavily pregnant partner resting back at the apartment but when he does finally return she is nowhere to be seen!

He then decides to get the local police involved but instead of helping him out they arrest him,next thing the movie jumps to seeing everything from the kidnapped woman's viewpoint as she comes to in a ice bath but with one big noticeable difference - her baby is now gone and she is heavily bleeding with her stomach having been stitched up.

-

The woman (bethell) then decides to try and flee from this massive building complex that she is being held in which turns out to be a disused abattoir on the outskirts of town but just as she thinks she is getting away she comes to realise that the complex is completely fenced in and that there is no apparent signs of escape,with all this exertion she then faints but when she comes to again there is a group of about 4 or 5 women all with the exact same stitching and each has had there babies removed from them!

-

What it turns out is that there being held by a group who are farming out there babies for profit and that they are keeping them all trapped within the abattoir grounds so as to play sick little mind games with them,with each woman they had a different coloured tag planted inside them before they were stitched back up and they tell one woman who has been separated from the group that if she kills each other woman and cuts them open that she will be able to indetify which one (the babies are kept in a visible but secured room with each having a different coloured tag) of the babies being held is actually hers!

That's enough rambling about the plot and just to say that this is another pretty solid Aussie outing and that if your a fan of the horror/thriller genre in particular that you could do a lot worse than searching this one out!

Very gruesome in parts,well acted and fairly tense there is one last thing I must say is that if this is actually based on true events as stated is that the film makers must have taken a few liberties with the truth as there's no way that I believe that all the events depicted in this film ever actually took place!

7.5/10.

https://youtu.be/hDiwcVnzRwk - the clinic (2010) trailer.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

I watched this 2000 comedy the other day - boys and girls with freddie prinze jr and american pies - Jason biggs as two dorky room mates both having women trouble - i thought this was pretty good fun actually and past away 90 minutes or so painlessly enough,there's some good laughs along the way from what is a likeable and quite talented cast which also includes the beautiful - Claire forlani who i see years earlier starred in that all time classic - police academy 7 - mission to Moscow [Big Grin]

-

The beautiful British actress Claire forlani.

Not bad at all - 7/10

https://youtu.be/Ucs8vgIM_-8 - boys and girls (2000) trailer.

[ 24. January 2016, 12:09: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"A frontiersman on a fur trading expedition in the 1820s fights for survival after being mauled by a bear and left for dead by members of his own hunting team."

A beautifully shot movie.

-

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting films all three The clinic, Boys and Girls and The Revenant.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

A young girl, chained in the basement of a sexual predator, escapes and turns the tables on her captor - from imdb

Now this I thought was really good 2015's - bound to vengeance starring stephanie Charles (a great performance) and the terrific Richard Tyson (two moon junction) who has a really strong screen presence whenever he appears and I feel warants a lot more high profile roles than what he generally receives, gripping from the off and very bloody ( not sure what the 15 age rating on the UK DVD art pic above is about but its definitely an error as my copy was rated 18) this runs a swift 79 minutes and is pretty relentless stuff!

-

Any downsides I would say it was a bit predictable in places and the plot in all truth is pretty preposterous but on an entertainment level this film rocks plus I really dug the ending!

https://youtu.be/qsAeK3uVX2Y - bound to vengeance (2015) trailer.

A great revenge flick 8/10.

Another one I really enjoyed was -

-

Ann, a reclusive elegant lady, with an obsession for butterflies, is surprisingly befriended by the eerily beautiful young Alice. Using her seductive innocence, Alice establishes a disturbing mother daughter relationship with Ann. Lured into her twisted world, Ann soon discovers that she is not the only recipient of the girl's affections - from imdb

- The 2012 horror thriller - the butterfly room starring horror screen veteran - Barbara steele (the pit and the pendulum 1961) and also a whole host of well know horror faces - ray wise,p.j soles,adrienne king and nightmare on elm street's - heather lagenkamp this was pretty enjoyable stuff with barbara steele giving a fun performance as the elderly recluse ann who also happens to have psychotic tendencies.

-

Shot by an Italian director - Jonathan zarantonello who lends the film a certain visual style and tone very different from most mordern American horror cinema this was a pretty cool star studed horror flick which despite being seriously daft in places certainly holds your attention and most importantly entertains for most of its 87 minute running time!

As well as seing barbara steele back on the screen it was also great to see the return of heather lagenkamp as I think she's a really talented actress!

A little known but very decent all star horror outing that is worth searching out and i'd probably rate this about a 7.5/10.

https://youtu.be/D16O6B8baOA - the butterfly room trailer (2012).

[ 01. February 2016, 00:14: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Mr. Nice (2010)

Entertaining real-life story of Howard Marks, a teacher who built an empire smuggling hash out of Pakistan
and Afghanistan, and distributing it all over the western world.

Nice period setting (the '60s and '70s), a good leading role by Rhys Ifans, and strong support from Chloe Savigny
and David Thewlis, although Crispin Glover could have used some more screen time.

Worth a look !

Check out the trailer : www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LHbbT_jhMQ

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Mr. Nice sounds like a good one. I may have to pick it up.

Watched Dredd (2012) the other night.
Very cool and stylish movie, Urban and Thirlby did a great job.
Mega City One looked good but of course the budget set it´s limitations. Needs few more million dollars if we want to see a Judge Death story for example.
It´s a damn shame if there will be no sequel.

-

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Heist (2001)

"A career jewel thief finds himself at tense odds with his longtime partner, a crime boss who sends his nephew to keep watch."

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched Joe Dante film The Hole (2009)

"A pair of brothers stumble upon a mysterious hole in their basement that leads to the darkest corridors of their fears and nightmares." (IMDb)

This was a very good made for kids mystery thriller.
Felt really good to find out that Dante had finally found a script he really knew how to turn to a movie.
Lots of cool dialog here and the cast is great plus you can see Bruce Dern and D ick Miller too.
Recommended!

-

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Achtste Groepers Huilen Niet (2012)

Very popular Dutch movie about a tough 11 year old, soccer loving girl who gets diagnosed with leukaemia.

The movie is just as much a coming of age story as it is a drama about the illness, occasionally funny,
even though we all know this isn't going to have a happy ending.

Lead actress Hanna Obbeek, who was thirteen at the time of filming, is spectacularly good.
The scene in the hospital where she gets angry and refuses to have another scan brought a tear to my eye.

In 2014 there was a Scandinavian remake.

Check out the trailer (with English subtitles): www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LvdPO07b60

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Deadpool," which is absolutely hilarious, violent, and vulgar, a personal triumph for Ryan Reynolds. And you have to love all the 80s pop culture references from Wham! to Ferris Bueller. It also has the single best opening credits sequence that I've ever seen, fall-down funny and beautifully realized, perfectly scored with Juice Newton's 80s cover of the classic "Angel of the Morning. As an aside, until "Deadpool," every time I'd heard "Angel of the Morning," I'd immediately think of the scene in James Toback's fantastic "Fingers" where Harvey Keitel beats the living crap out of the guy in the back of the pizzeria. Now "Deadpool" will come to mind too. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Crash, was the Ferris reference in Deadpool about breaking the fourth wall?
Just wanted to know because i´ve heard (and seen in the comics) that Deadpool does it.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Ben Stiller,casey affleck,michael pena and gabourey sidibe work at this plush high rise new York hotel and all of a sudden one day there boss (alan alda) is arrested on charges of fraud,worse still it turns out that he has embezzled all of his employees pension savings!

Stiller comes to realise that his boss is more than likely guilty and decides that it's time for a little payback and with the help of a petty thief (Eddie Murphy) and a down on his luck businessman (broderick) hatches a crazy plan of revenge!

-

Watched the 2011 action comedy - tower heist for the first time the other night,quite enjoyed this comedy crime caper and i thought it was great to see Matthew Broderick on the screen again,I looked at his filmography and I think the last movie that i actually caught of his was the fun - election with Reese witherspoon back in 1999 so it's been sometime!

Absolutely bonkers finale to this one (slight spoiler - warning!) where ben stiller and the rest of the gang (above cover pic - bar tea leoni who happens to be an investigating FBI agent) attempt to steal a vintage sports car once owned by actor Steve McQueen out of there crooked boss's top floor penthouse suite using just the outside window cleaners winch system and the hotels elevator system in there efforts to try and get it down to the ground floor!

-

Mentioning earlier that seeing matthew Broderick back up on the screen was great and felt like a bit of a blast from the past well also Seeing Eddie Murphy once again felt like this as in all truth I'd given up on his movies a long long time ago,I think the last one of his that I watched was - i - spy which was back in 2002.

Yeah I enjoyed this one,it gave me a few good laughs along the way,i thought the cast were really likeable and the plot though seriously daft was really entertaining, yeah it was not bad at all! 7/10.

https://youtu.be/Z4KXF7NWFRE - tower heist trailer (2011)

Any of these later eddie murphy films from 2002 onwards worth a look?

Showtime (2002)
Pluto Nash (2002)
Norbit (2007)
Meet Dave (2008)
Imagine that (2009)
A thousand words (2012).

[ 25. February 2016, 13:04: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All terrible, a few like Norbit, REALLY terrible. LOL
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Raven (2012) - The first Poe related film that nearly had me nodding off. The last 15 minutes or so were nicely done tho.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Yeah, The Raven was a huge disappointment, starting with the miscasting of John Cusack. The idea of Poe solving a mystery in the last days of his life is not bad, but the paint-by-numbers screenplay just kills the thing in its tracks. It's a really good-looking movie though.

If you want to see how to cleverly incorporate elements from Poe's stories into a narrative, check out Argento's half of Two Evil Eyes with Harvey Keitel. It's pretty terrific.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
I've just actually purchased the us blu ray of - two evil eyes crash,not watched it in a while but can remember argento's - black cat quite well!

A lot of people kick up a fuzz over the fake animal cruelty in it,I personally think they need to get a life!

Had a feeling that I was asking a daft question when I asked if any of those Eddie Murphy films were any good.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love Two Evil Eyes [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Two evil eyes is a lot of fun Helen I watched it last on the UK horror channel, on Friday night at 9pm i see that they've got the 2014 horror - the canal on there which if you haven't seen Helen I feel is worth checking out!

-

https://youtu.be/OZja9Hoq1jg - the canal trailer (2014).

[ 01. March 2016, 08:30: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Will do! [Smile]
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home