iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 85)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That´s one unstoppable pic! [Big Grin]
Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A train that size seriously would be unstoppable!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A general note to all - please be sensible when you link to an image, and don't choose images that are that big.

Thanks

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Thor: The Dark World (2013).

It was a decent sequel but the original was so much better. Malekith was uninteresting as a villain and most of the jokes were unnecessary.
Hiddleston´s Loki is the best character in this saga and the special effects looked cool.

Posts: 7056 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

A walk among the tombstones (2014) starring Liam neeson,decent enough thriller this,neeson has the tough guy role off to a tee by now he's been doing so many off these action thriller's of late,I think they do suit him though and this overall makes for a pretty decent watch!

The uk blu ray version of a walk among the tombstones seems to be the same as the uk pre cut cinema version - http://www.movie-censorship.com/news.php?ID=8172

Well worth a watch 7.5/10

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Burying the Ex, another sad chapter in the decline of one of my favorite directors from the late 70s and 80s, Joe Dante. Despite a very attractive, energetic trio of leads in Anton Yelchin, Ashley Greene, and Alexandra Daddario (wow, she is spectacularly attractive), this zombie rom-com completely falls flat, neither funny nor scary. And while Dante peppers the film with little homages to Christopher Lee, George Romero, Mario Bava, and Tim Burton, among others, he's far, far away from Matinee, which I think is a mini-masterpiece. In fact, if Burying the Ex had been an hour instead of an hour-and-a-half long, it would have still been a weak Dante entry in the old Masters of Horror TV anthology. (Dante's two episodes were, for me, just OK although many really liked them. Actually Argento's two episodes were excellent, and Carpenter had the best episode of the series and a mediocre one.) Also depressing was how old and sickly good-luck-charm D*ck Miller looks and sounds here as a cranky cop. It's not Dante's worst work. That dubious achievement goes to the omnibus film Trapped Ashes, but overall, Ex made me very sad, especially after Dante's last theatrical film, The Hole, showed glimmers of his past talent. Time to retire, Joe... But keep on doing the trailersfromhell.com website!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
i like matinee crash,very underatted dante flick,trapped ashes from what i've just read about it from you and over on imdb sounds like painful viewing,i had a gut feeling about burying the ex being a bit of a stinker,the trailer alone just sent out really bad vibes!

very sad from the director of the howling,gremlins,piranha and the burbs etc.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Watched the 2014 Aussie crime thriller - son of a gun starring Ewan McGregor,Brenton Thwaites and Alicia Vikander,great little movie this that keeps you hooked from beginning to end,some pretty tense action scenes throughout especially the heist getaway and it's also quite gritty and violent in places also.

This is a bit like the excellent - cold in July as it leads you off in a completely different direction as to what you are expecting!

Definitely worth checking out.

https://youtu.be/JgR7X7sO8R8 - son of a gun trailer.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Watched The Way Way Back (2013) last weekend.
Just want to thank you guys for the recommendations earlier because this was a very good coming of age film.
Lots of 80s references, cool characters and dialogue. Loved it!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Also watched this 2014 crime drama - the bag man which has the alternate title of - the carrier here in the UK,starring John Cusack and featuring an extended cameo of sorts from Robert de niro

A professional shooter gets a new job from his boss. The job is simple to bring him a bag without opening it. But everyone on this town wants that bag. So Jack has to protect the bag and try to carry out his mission. In this city he will meet a lot of people and he will seduced by mysterious woman.
- plot summary from imdb.

-

- despite this being a bit of a mess plot wise and having more than it's fair share of daft action and crummy dialogue (mostly from rapper sticky fingaz) I found this one to be quite entertaining overall!

I think my main annoyance with it and is with a lot of these modern action flicks of late is the excessive use of the green screen,this being not the worse offender as that award goes to jean claude van damme's last direct to dvd outing - pound of flesh which had some of the worst i have ever witnessed but here everytime cusack jumps in a car we have the obviously fake looking backgrounds making a special appearance.

-

Crispin glover(back to the future) makes a small appearance here as a seedy motel owner as does Dominic Purcell (prison break) as the crooked local sheriff,Rebecca dacosta though being very easy on the eye will sadly probably never win any awards for her acting and her performance here does leave a lot to be desired!

so an entertaining mess of a movie which Is a million miles (make that a trillion) of either stars very best but still watchable enough to warrant a view when there's nothing better on.

https://youtu.be/FhxaFepjdLQ - the bag man aka the carrier trailer.

[ 21. September 2015, 11:32: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
 -

Watched The Way Way Back (2013) last weekend.
Just want to thank you guys for the recommendations earlier because this was a very good coming of age film.
Lots of 80s references, cool characters and dialogue. Loved it!

I enjoyed this one a lot and Steve carell playing against type and being a complete douche was different.

Plus Mr mister on the soundtrack as well you know it's going to be pretty awesome!

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Way Way Back was a good pseudo-80s movie. (Didn't anyone have a cellphone, though? LOL) The only complaint I had about it was NOT ENOUGH SAM ROCKWELL. Rockwell is one of my favorite character actors working today because he's so good that he can steal any scene--see, for example, Galaxy Quest and Matchstick Men, in addition to this film--and when given a lead, he's just great, as in Moon. In interviews, he admitted straight up that he was channeling Bill Murray in Meatballs for The Way Way Back. And indeed his performance is a loving homage to the loveable, manic goofball that Murray played in the earlier film. The Way Way Back would have been better with less dour family strife with cast-against-type Steve Carell and Toni Collette (very overrated) and more Rockwell/Maya Rudolph (always good) antics.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Totally agree with u guys. The Mr. Mister (love that band) scene was fun but less family grief and more Water Wizz would´ve made it even better.
I think Carell was a 2 [Wink]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Just finished watching this comedy drama - just before I go (2014) starring seann william scott (Stifler) as a 41 year old single man,with no kids or job satisfaction who has more or less given up on life and has all intentions at some point of actually taking his own life but before doing so wants to head back to his childhood home to confront everyone that he feels has made him into this empty shell of a man that he has now become.

Very well directed by Courtney cox this comedy drama was a mixture of laugh out loud moments mixed in with some pretty downbeat material - suicide etc and what you would imagine would probably make for a pretty uneasy mix plays out rather well.

Well worth checking out 8/10.

https://youtu.be/qQdYb7mcpVQ - just before I go (2014) trailer.

[ 02. October 2015, 17:51: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree too with Crash about The Way, Way Back- more Sam Rockwell and Maya Rudolph interaction would've been great!
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the Way Way back was terrible. My mum and I saw it at the theatre and we almost walked out. I love Sam Rockwell but the movie was majorly lacking in my opinion. I really don''t care for Toni Collette and Steve Carell either

Recently I watched Lone Survivor. It is really good but I couldn't help but think that that a really bad decision by these guys created the situation they were in. They had options - I don't wanna give anything away.

I also watched The Fury - Pretty decent WWII picture. The guys in the cavalry would love this one. More poor decisions made in this one (I mean military decisions).

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Watched the very entertaining 2002 police crime drama - dark blue directed by ron shelton (bull durham) and starring kurt russell and ving rhames which deals with corruption in the los angeles police department at the time of the Rodney king riots in 1992.

Last time I watched this film was back in 2002 upon its original release so it was good to check this one out again,Russell was excellent here as a crooked police sergeant who has completely spiralled out of control and I also thought it was very well directed by ron shelton who up until doing this movie seems to have only tried his has hand at doing sports dramas.

A fast paced storyline and pretty tense finale make this near on 2 hour effort fly by - great stuff! 8/10.

[ 16. October 2015, 23:15: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Dark Blue is excellent!

Watched another supercool film Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014) yesterday.

This highly entertaining, funny and violent film is actually based on a comic book.
Colin Firth is amazing and same can be said of Taron Egerton.
Great action sequences, clever dialog and cool soundtrack. Highly recommended!

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Great little crime drama from 2014 starring tom hardy,noomi rapace (who was excellent in the 2013 revenge thriller - dead man down) and the late great James gandolfini.

Really enjoyed this one,it's superbly acted with a great twist in the tale and one I certainly never saw coming!

Definitely worth checking out! 8/10.

https://youtu.be/7lCiDIcqMe0 - the drop (2014) trailer.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

This was a pretty entertaining erotic thriller - the loft from 2014 starring Karl urban,James marsden,the beautiful Rachael taylor and with a rather more revealing role than usual Isabel Lucas who I remember well from the Aussie soap - home and away.

-

It's basically about a group of married male friends who start to use a luxurious high rise apartment (designed and owned by one of the group) for secret liasions with the different women that they hook up with,each has there own key and each has a strict set of ground rules with one being to never ever let the key out to anyone else so when a woman's bloodied body turns up one morning handcuffed to the bed the suspicion falls on it being a member of there group!

-

This was not bad at all actually and it's only in the last 15-20 minutes where it starts to suffer from the usual trait of a lot of these erotic thrillers where it descends into silliness with one daft plot twist after another - 7.5/10

https://youtu.be/1bJZYqGfYGE - the loft (2014) trailer.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
The Drop sounds like a good one, really liked Noomi Rapace in Prometheus.

The Loft is another interesting one and Rachael Taylor looks very pretty. I so know what you mean with the last 20 minute erotic thriller syndrome [Big Grin]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

My son wanted to check out the new SpongeBob film The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge Out of Water (2015).
While not nearly as good as the first one, it has it´s moments.
I like the more absurd humour the series usually has. This one, not so much.

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure, blame your son [Razz]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ok, of course i wanted to watch it too [Wink]
It´s kinda funny that we both laughed once and it was for the same joke, like father like son i guess...

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

Watched American Hustle (2013) which was a good film but ten Oscar nominations... get outta here!
Christian Bale and Amy Adams rocked and i also liked Jeremy Renner and Jennifer Lawrence.
Bradley Cooper is not one of my favorites so i loved to hate his character.

The soundtrack is phenomenal but i think that there were few familiar tunes too many because it´s just too easy to create sentimental scenes with songs that everyone knows.
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road here, Live and Let Die there...
However i loved the disco scene with Donna Summer´s I Feel Love and quick jump to another the party with Renner and Bale singing Delilah.
Another scene i liked very much was the casino scene. The wonderful feeling when you know that everything is going to fall apart [Smile] Good but i bit overrated IMO.

This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home