iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 82)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got back from seeing Mad Max. The first hour or so was really great pictures fun. But as often happens when I watch these types of films that are just action, action, action and little all else I became a bit bored and started zoning in and out for the last parts.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

last night i watched 2014 rom com - the other woman starring cameron diaz,leslie mann and kate upton and also someone i haven't seen on the screen for a while don johnson (who in my oppinion looks like he's hardly aged at all) pops up in a fun cameo as diaz's flirtatious father.

this wasn't to bad actually,it had the odd decent laugh,it seemed to pick up quite a bit about the half way mark and made for quite a fun final 45 minutes or so.

it's basically about a cheating husband unaware that his wife has ganged up with his mistresses and that they are secretly taking revenge on him.

with the usual comedy methods such as spiking his drinks with laxatives,filling his shampoo bottle with hair loss lotion,etc.etc. you know the score!

not bad as rom coms go and it was good to see don johnson back on screen again!

-

kate upton in - the other woman.

[ 27. May 2015, 08:10: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Just got back from seeing Mad Max. The first hour or so was really great pictures fun. But as often happens when I watch these types of films that are just action, action, action and little all else I became a bit bored and started zoning in and out for the last parts.

you got to admit though helen even though it was probably slight overkill with the amount of action on screen it was still all very well staged in general.

i'll be the first to say for me it doesn't come close to the original and especially not part 2 the road warrior,thunderdome i can't really remeber much off so i can't really compare there but i thought for a 30 year later reboot it was still a lot better than what i had imagined.

i can definetly see where your coming from though as any real plot or character development definitely took a back seat to the on screen carnage.

i didn't feel like you got to know any more about max than what we already knew.

ok he'd have the odd flashback but that was about it!

still i'd did thouroughly enjoy it as a whole.

[ 18. May 2015, 16:11: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
you got to admit though helen even though it was probably slight overkill with the amount of action on screen it was still all very well staged in general.

Absolutely! [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw The Other Woman trailer because they are going to show it on one of the movie channels i have.
I definitely must check it out. Although i don´t really like Cameron Diaz, Don Johnson is a legend and Kate Upton- Wow!

Can´t wait to see Mad Max!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The Wicker Tree - Oh
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Other Woman is one of my wife`s favs, so she has it playing in the background quite often. I thought it was pretty good as well. I`d watch over and over just to see Kate....holy Toledo!!!

Also went to see Mad Max this past weekend...I thought it was well done, though it became a reminder....I swear I`ve seen all the originals, but dang it...I can`t remember a darn thing about any of the 3 movies. Just came back from getting some groceries and nabbed Beyond Thunderdome on Blu-ray for 9 bucks! Hoping to watch all 3 movies soon as a refresher...

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Kung Fury (2015)

"During an unfortunate series of events a friend of Kung Fury is assasinated by the most dangerous kung fu master criminal of all time; Adolf Hitler, a.k.a Kung Führer. Kung Fury decides to travel back in time, to Nazi Germany, in order to kill Hitler and end the Nazi empire once and for all. "

30+ minutes of sheer EPICNESS!  -

True Survivor

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Wow! Kung fury looks and sounds pretty awesome j2me.

Kevdugp73 I just picked up an old Sandra bullock Denis Leary movie from my local pound store called - stolen hearts aka two if by sea and looked up shooting locations and it was filmed more or less all up around the nova Scotia area,I was wondering do you get many films shot in your neck of the woods ?

PS. Mad max 2 the road warrior is still my favorite when it comes to the whole series!

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Actually I just checked out the Hoff's - true survivor music video j2me and gotta say that kung fury looks completely insane and pretty awesome.

I need to check that out as it looks good fun!

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
I need to check that out as it looks good fun!

-

[Big Grin] Seriously, I think you're going to love it.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

watched the 2007 action drama - death sentence starring kevin bacon as a father on the vengeance trail after his eldest son is butchered by a vicious gang in a robbery/initiation killing.

from the director of - saw and the conjuring james wan this crime drama which also stars kelly preston and john goodman makes for an entertaining and quite thrilling nights entertainment if you can get past the odd silly plot developement and a few action set pieces that stretch the credibility a bit.

-

what i think throws you a bit (well it did me) is that for the first 45 it's all quite feasible stuff and it's played out pretty straight but then all of a sudden all sense of realism just goes flying straight out the window with the gang going after bacon (not the food but the actor) all guns a blazing in a busy city centre with absolutely loads of people around and in broad daylight of all things.

it just stretches it a bit!

saying that i suppose if they had played it completely for realism it probably would have made for a lot less entertaining movie.

this is one i purchased for a just £1 from poundland,i'd had seen it before when it was originally released,watching it again i'm very
pleased i picked it up as i did enjoy it and for the small amount i paid for it was well worth the purchase!

-
i thought do i post a pic of co star john goodman or kelly preston [Big Grin]

https://youtu.be/RVdWq9jxejI - death sentence trailer.

[ 02. June 2015, 03:59: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Warrior...we actually see a bit of action, but not tons. Some I can think of off hand without looking are K-9 w` Harrison Ford, The Scarlett Letter w`Demi Moore, Hobo With A Shotgun. Some buzz lately re: a Ben Afflect sighting in a really rural area of Nova Scotia...pics to prove it...and also Tom Selleck recently in Halifax...not sure if either of the two were working on projects, or just passing through...still neat though. They`re also filming part of the new Star Wars movie in Nova Scotia...OK...I made that last part up...but the rest is true!! [Smile]
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Watched - two if by sea the other day kevdugp73,I've not long actually purchased it and it wasn't the greatest movie I've ever seen but was enjoyable enough,anyhow one of the standout things for me was the nova Scotia scenery - lots of beautiful boating lakes and also a really stunning beach.

Plus Sandra bullock looked really great in this so the whole movie was very easy on the eye!

Here was the nova Scotia filming locations from imdb -

Chester, Nova Scotia, Canada

Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

Hantsport, Nova Scotia, Canada

Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada

Nova Scotia, Canada

Prospect, Nova Scotia, Canada

Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada

Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada

Hubbards, Nova Scotia, Canada

[ 03. June 2015, 23:48: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

Meet the Fockers (2004)

"All hell breaks loose when the Byrnes family meets the Focker family for the first time."

A nice follow up to "Meet the Parents".

-

Hoffman was great in this.

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"A team of explorers travel through a wormhole in space in an attempt to ensure humanity's survival." (IMDb)

Watched this sci-fi drama called Interstellar (2014) last night and while i don´t think it´s a classic, i liked it very much.
Matthew McConaughey is awesome once again, the film is very long, looks good and is full of emotion.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 -

"In Nazi-occupied France during World War II, a plan to assassinate Nazi leaders by a group of Jewish U.S. soldiers coincides with a theatre owner's vengeful plans for the same" (2009)

Christopher Waltz was outstanding in this!

-

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

I just got through watching the 2012 crime thriller the factory starring john Cusack and Jennifer carpenter.

-

Set in a very cold and snowy buffalo state new York (but shot on location in Montreal) this 2012 cops vs killer thriller is very loosely based on one of Philadelphia's most notorious killers Gary heidnik https://youtu.be/PO9EAu-BXCk
who was the original inspiration for the buffalo bill character in the silence of the lambs.

This dark castle production sat on the shelves for a good few years so i'd imagine the studio must have thought they had a bit of a stinker on there hands and while it's not a complete disaster it's still pretty run of the mill stuff and features what i thought was one of the most ridiculous twists that i'd seen in a long time!

Like most of dark castle's previous productions it was a pretty slick looking affair and I did love the snowy settings and I can't say i was ever bored with it at any time but I still feel it could have been so much more,it just seemed to follow the same old tired routine as the 100s of cop vs killer flicks that have preceeded it.

Not bad overall and at least worthy of a watch but just don't go expecting to much from it and the whole based on actual events claim well if that twist ending is actually true then I'm Brad Pitt!

-

https://youtu.be/6ixbx7lp4Es - the factory trailer.

[ 14. June 2015, 17:14: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

watched the 2000 nora ephron comedy - lucky numbers starring john travolta as a television weatherman and snowmobile seller who has hit hard times and decides to try and scam the local lottery with the help of the lottery assistant lisa kudrow (what they do is switch the balls over with another set that has certain selected balls weighed down with an injected liquid) but as you'd imagine not everything goes to plan and after there big win things quickly go very awry .

-

despite this seriously tanking at the box office with it only managing to claw back just over 10 million of its estimated 65 million budget i found this to be quite an enjoyable dark comedy with a couple of pretty decent laugh out loud moments along the way.

it's got a pretty strong cast with both john travolta and lisa kudrow,though the latter i did find slightly annoying as the film progressed but i think this was intentional with her character,there's also tim roth,ed O'Neill,bill pullman and Michael Rapaport.

i recorded this of the uk more movies channel so i got to watch it for free,maybe if i was paying good bucks to watch it i'd probably would be picking a few holes in it but for an 1hr 45 min comedy i found it pretty much flew by and kept me fairly entertained so i shouldn't have any real grumbles!

plus any movie with bruce springsteen,def leppard,kiss,hall & oates and queen all featuring on the soundtrack you know it's at least got something going for it.

not bad at all actually and more enjoyable than had been expected!

-

https://youtu.be/dFFdGYuHATI - lucky numbers trailer.

[ 15. June 2015, 16:09: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YW, I think that you and I are two of about six people who have actually seen The Factory, which sat on the shelf for something like three years. It's not good, and the association of Warner Bros. and Dark Castle ended, so I suppose there was no reason to release a lame duck. Other than kidnapping girls and keeping them in a basement, it's nothing like the crimes of Gary Heidnik. And that twist ending is just ludicrous. I almost threw something at the TV.

Now Lucky Numbers is closer in fact to one of Pennsylvania's most famous crimes, the Nick Perry 666 lottery fix, details of which are far more interesting than Nora Ephron's film. It's quite a story, a crime masterminded by the host of Bowling for Dollars! I watched Perry on Channel 4 out of Pittsburgh for years. What the wikipedia article doesn't mention is that Perry and his cohorts plotted the crime in a Greek Orthodox church basement after mass one Sunday. Amazing story.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Pennsylvania_Lottery_scandal

[ 15. June 2015, 16:35: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Unless you read about it crash you wouldn't actually believe it (the Nick Perry lottery fix) as it all just sounds to crazy to be true.

As for the ending to the factory I got to say I was pretty gobsmacked,i can't believe they went with it,it was basically an insult to people's intelligence!

Dear oh dear john Cusack what is he doing with his career?

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL. Gobsmacked is the perfect word to describe the ending to The Factory. It really does insult the viewer's intelligence.

You know, had Perry and company not been so darned greedy by playing all the combinations of 6's and 9's on the day that they fixed the Pennsylvania lottery, they might have gotten away with it. One of the most damaging things was the video replay of the drawing which shows all the other weighted balls just barely bouncing around in the machines. Another bit of trivia: They used to have a different senior citizen actually draw the numbers each evening--and they had a practice draw in the afternoon. At Perry's trial, the elderly woman who drew the balls testified that Perry and company didn't give her a practice draw that day. (They'd already switched the balls out.)

As a result of this incredible scandal, the Pennsylvania lottery completely changed the way they did things. Pre-fix, the machines were just basically pushed into an unlocked closet at the TV station between drawings. Post-fix, they now keep the machines under lock and key and inspect and weigh the balls before each drawing. They also have a disclaimer that the numbers drawn are not official until validated. In other words, they have the drawing, and then lottery officials watch the video replay to make sure that nothing was out of the ordinary. Also, they now have lottery officials and not senior citizens drawing the balls. I saw the disasterous drawing where some poor woman with arthritic fingers couldn't spin the balls around to show the numbers during the time alotted for the live drawing.

Only in Pennsylvania... [Smile]

[ 16. June 2015, 07:06: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
One of the most damaging things is the video replay which shows all the other balls just barely bouncing around in the machines.

[Big Grin] You've got to laugh!

Yeah like you was saying crash a bit more thought and a bit less greed it probably would have been a completely different story.

Talking of film adaptions of real life crimes Crash can you remember a couple of years back the mark wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson action comedy - pain and gain which was based on some brutal kidnap murder case and the whole movie was more or less played for laughs.

I can remember reading up the odd detail on the actual case itself and it was pretty horrific stuff,kidnap,murder,dismemberment the lot and then you get the likes of wahlberg,johnson and co portraying these characters as some sort of lovable rogues.

No wonder it all caused a bit of a stink!

PS. I've always said to my wife crash wouldn't it be great if you could fix the lottery and up until recently never knew that it had actually happened!

If only [Big Grin]

[ 16. June 2015, 07:56: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am keen for a lotto syndicate if anyone has some ideas on how to rig it [Wink]
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
Do you want to get the white latex paint, Bernie, while YW and I try to pick the lock to the closet? [Smile]
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home