iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 81)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
saw Argo on but didnt watch it Pittsburghgirl. Should i watch it?

I liked Night at Roxbury and enjoyed Lone Ranger in the theatre.

Watched DEVIL. About 5people stuck in a elevator with the devil. I enjoyed it. Also the Resident with Hillary Swank. It was just ok

Posts: 1990 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Night at the Roxbury was totally bonkers but a lot of fun terdnthepoolggb and the lone ranger was a lot more entertaining than I thought it was going to be.

I got the devil on blu ray quite sometime back for about 3 UK pounds ($4-5) and I think it's pretty good,definitely worth what I paid for it.

I've also seen the resident,I to thought it was nothing amazing but still watchable enough.

Never seen Argo though.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Devil too [Smile] The Resident was awful.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I watched oculus the other day Helen,I liked it,I initially thought it was going to be all pg 13 tame and even though there's nothing remotely over explicit in the movie a couple of the scenes were actually pretty cringey.

the scene where the dad thinks he is pulling at his plaster on his finger with his staple remover but in reality is pulling at his actual nail. Gross!

Also the light bulb chewing scene.

I read a few reviews of people saying they did not like the way in which the movie ended,I thought the ending was pretty cool myself and it did catch me a bit off guard.

I wasn't expecting it to end the way it did.

Not bad at all actually and it gets quite trippy towards the end where the brother and sister are outside there family home looking in at themselves.

I liked Those scenes,they were pretty cool!

I'd give it a solid 7.5 maybe even a 8 out of 10,it was definitely better than i expected.

[ 10. March 2015, 10:39: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay, glad you enjoyed! I feel the same about the ending [Smile]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
The original short film is worth a watch too. In some ways I found it more intense [Smile]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxZuop1d3hc

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
St. Vincent starring Bill Murray and Melissa McCarthy. Bill Murray was excellent in this film, and we really enjoyed the whole movie. I've got to say the young boy is a pretty good actor too. If you get a chance, go rent it at Redbox.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terdnthepool, I am sorry, I just now saw your question. I recommend watching Argo. I'm not sure what type movies you are interested in, but this was a good dramatic film.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I really enjoyed St. Vincent too.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that I'm in the minority, but as well acted (Karen Gillan is terrific here, something she never got to show on Doctor Who.) and well made as Oculus is, it just didn't do anything for me. While I agree that it had some good "yuck" scenes and a nice style, I thought that the director dropped the ball on a lot of the suspense scenes. Sinister is a much scarier modern horror film. But then again, old footage with weird stuff on it--the theme of Sinister--is always creepy, even creepier than haunted mirrors. If you ever get the chance, you have to check out an Italian thriller from the 70s directed by the great Pupi Avati that I think is best translated in English as The House with Windows that Laugh. That film has a tape recording that is played over the opening credits that is guaranteed to make your skin crawl.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Well I agree that Sinister is better and creepier. And you already got me loving windows [Smile] The Dvd here is called The House With Laughing Windows haha
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not been able to check out Avati's newer stuff like The Alchemist, but his two earlier horror films "Zeder, Voices from the Beyond" a/k/a "Revenge of the Dead" and "House" are two of my favorites. Without blood or gore, just simple things like wind whistling through the trees or darkness--or a weird tape recording--Avati will seriously creep you out. It's interesting because I like so much of Brad Anderson's work, and he tried the spooky tape recording thing in "Session 9," but, as good a director as he is, he just couldn't get to Avati's level of creepiness.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Lucky Number Slevin (2006)

"A case of mistaken identity lands Slevin into the middle of a war being plotted by two of the city's most rival crime bosses: The Rabbi and The Boss. Slevin is under constant surveillance by relentless Detective Brikowski as well as the infamous assassin Goodkat and finds himself having to hatch his own ingenious plot to get them before they get him."

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

As big a mess as this actually was I was never once tempted to turn it off and i was moderately entertained overall.

I'd give it a 5/10 as it's not all terrible,just most of it!

Come to think of it drive hard director - Brian trenchard smith made a pretty entertaining early 80s survival flick called - turkey shoot,I wonder if he hadn't already used the title if he would have been tempted to use it for this? [Big Grin]

[ 20. March 2015, 16:43: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

i watched the horror/thriller - mischief night aka the night before halloween the other night and was surprised by how much i enjoyed it.

the young actress noell coet gives a really first rate performance here as the blind girl emily who is left home alone the night before halloween after her father goes out on a date just to be stalked by a masked psychotic killer in a yellow rain mac.

-
"do i look inconspicuous in this".

the movie gets of to a less than solid start with a pretty cheesy scene that has some of the worst acting i've seen in a long while but soon takes a big upturn in quality when the superb noell coet shows up.

i'd imagine if you was watching it with an overly critical eye you would probably pick holes in it,also some people might find it a bit to leisurely paced for there liking and there is more than the odd daft moment along the way.

-
really great performance from the very likeable young actress noell coet as the blind emily.

but those things aside it is very well filmed,quite tense at times and the young actress noell coet is so likable in her role i feel it totally outweighs any of the negatives in my oppinion.

also i must mention actor daniel hugh kelly (the dad in stephen kings film adaption of cujo) who is also very likeable here as emily's father david.

-
daniel hugh kelly as emily's father david.

even though the film is relatively light on gore thoughout there's a surprisingly juicy kill scene right towards the end involving one of those extension chainsaws.

another thing the setting,a really large & cool looking house on a hill,cut of from everywhere,i really dug that.

if i find a cheap enough copy of this on dvd/blu ray i will definitely be picking it up as at some point as i could definitely see myself watching this again.

https://youtu.be/NEqV5CXkfkY - mischief night trailer.

i'd give this this an 8/10,i really liked it despite a few little niggles.

[ 03. June 2015, 16:07: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Ping Pong Summer. Set in 1985. This was a very poorly acted, mostly boring throwback movie filmed in Ocean City, MD.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

I watched the female survival flick black rock (2012) last night starring kate bosworth,lake bell and katie aselton (she also directed).

I'd never heard of this one before untill someone recommended it on there YouTube dvd/blu ray collection video a little while back and I got say i really enjoyed it.

It's very short (DVD sleeve reads 83 minutes) but my blu ray clock read 75 minutes as the credits rolled but it crams a fair old bit of gritty survival action into that time,a couple of scenes are actually quite brutal and there's also quite a bit of nudity on display so it definitely deserves it's r rating (it's a 15 certificate here in the UK).

I've read some really negative reviews on this one,quite a few people seem to have issues with the fact that the men doing the hunting of the women are war veterans and that this pretty much makes this is an anti war vet picture,I myself think there maybe looking to much into it.

Any how's I really enjoyed it overall and if you want a very brisk quite brutal 75 minutes of girl power action I reckon chances are you would too.

https://youtu.be/XLhzihrFL1E - black rock trailer.

I know there's a lot of haters of this movie out there but i liked it a lot,I'd give it an 7.5/10.

[ 22. March 2015, 16:20: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

My husband and I went to see The Gunman starring Sean Penn. It was really good. Kinda strange seeing him in an action type movie. I really don't remember him doing any action movies.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

I watched fear clinic the other night with Robert englund (Freddy Krueger),Fiona douriff and metal rock group slipknot's Corey Taylor,it is directed by Robert hall who also directed the pretty gory modern slasher - laid to rest back in 2009.

This was a blind buy for me I had some vouchers which my other half had given to me for use in my local supermarket so I picked up this and - the babadook which I have yet to watch.

-
Brad douriff's (the voice of chucky) daughter Fiona in the - fear clinic (2014).

It's about a group that survive a mass shooting that attend Robert englund's clinic (fear clinic) to be treated in a revolutionary device known as a fear chamber,a casket of sorts where they relive traumatic events from there past ie the shootings etc and are then made to overcome there deepest fears and phobias.

-
Some pretty gooey and spectacular effects work on display here!

This is really well shot with some quite spetacular effects work, though there is the odd occasion such as the CGI cockroach at the beginning and the spiders that come out of a wound on the back of one of the female patients that look laughably bad!

The plot is all over the place from the word go and when it gets to about the 1 hour mark just goes completely insane,I guarantee you will be confused.

Overall though I don't regret picking it up and I'd imagine I will be keeping hold of it in my horror collection.

I'd give it a reasonable 7/10.

Fear clinic trailer - https://youtu.be/RauVrydEeDg

[ 02. April 2015, 07:51: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Watched this 2012 indie flick - the motel life starring Emile Hirsch,Stephen dorff,Dakota fanning and Kris kristoffersen.

It's About 2 inseparable brothers frank (emile Hirsch) & jerry lee flanigan (stephen dorff) who have to go on the run when one of them jerry Lee (dorff) knocks down and kills a young kid on his bike while out in his car late one snowy night

-
Great performances from both Emile Hirsch and Stephen dorff (especially the latter).

Jerry lee (Dorff) has only one leg due to a much earlier accident as a child where him and his younger brother run and jump on to the back of a moving train,frank (Hirsch) gets on ok but when jerry lee goes to get up frank grabs his arm but can't quite keep hold and accidently let's him go resulting in jerry lee's loss of a limb.

Frank then feels guilty about what happened to his older brother jerry and makes it his mission in life to take care of him.

-
younger version of the two brothers as latter played by emile Hirsch & stephen dorff.

This ain't a bad little flick actually,it's got a pretty short running time clocking in at just 82 minutes but even so it does move at a quite a casual pace so it won't be to everyone's liking but for those that do stick with it to it's fairly predictable conclusion I think the majority of viewers will come away mostly satisfied!

-
Dakota fanning in - the motel life (2012).

Here stephen dorff is definitely the standout performer for me,I thought he was really good as the elder amputee brother jerry lee who has a very likeable and caring nature about him and you can also see portrayed in his character that he is totally eaten up with guilt by what he has done.

If you like these Slow burn type of drama's where not a lot really happens and it's as much about the performances as anything else I'd say that chances are you'll probably really dig this.

I'd give it a 7,maybe a 7.5,I think it's well worth a watch!

https://youtu.be/JE-O0H8pjhc - the motel life trailer.

[ 14. April 2015, 16:55: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A large amount since the forum was under maintenance in the summer of 2013:

Law Abiding Citizen (2009)
The Beach (2000)
RED (2010)
That's My Boy (2012)
The Watch (2012)
Daredevil (2003)
The Room (2003)
Kick-A** (2010)
The One (2001)
Crossroads (2002)
After Earth (2013)
The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
Paycheck (2003)
The Invasion (2007)
Just My Luck (2006)
Dinosaur (2000)
21 Jump Street (2012)
Equilibrium (2002)
Dreamcatcher (2003)
Vanilla Sky (2001)
Timeline (2003)
Temptation: Confessions of a Marriage Counselor (2013)
Movie 43 (2013)
Bounce (2000)
Glitter (2001)
Safe Haven (2013)

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The newest movie release that I have seen was The Longest Ride with Scott Eastwood. It was a sad and touching love story that entwined modern and World War II eras.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"Following clues to the origin of mankind a team journey across the universe and find a structure on a distant planet containing a monolithic statue of a humanoid head and stone cylinders of alien blood but they soon find they are not alone."

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rewatched 2003's Dreamcatcher with Thomas Jane, Damian Lewis, Jason Lee, Timothy Olyphant, Morgan Freeman, Tom Sizemore and Donnie Wahlberg.

This film is a complete mess ranging from the friendship of the four protagonists, to aliens, to the military being involved. Definitely not one of the best Stephen King adaptations nor one of Lawrence Kasdan's finest hours in his directing career.

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

Just watched mad max - fury road 3d (first 3d movie in the theatres i've actually ever watched),was very impressed,as reboots go this is way above the norm and makes for a great continuation of the series,it barely let's up from the off and has got some seriously spectacular action sequences.

Very highly recommended.

[ 16. May 2015, 18:22: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home