iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 78)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Moneyball (2011)

Never been a baseball fan but this was an excellent film.
The movie is based on Michael Lewis's 2003 book of the same name and directed by Bennett Miller.
Starring Brad Pitt, Jonah Hill and Philip Seymour Hoffman.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

over the weekend i watched jeepers creepers director victor salva's 2011 horror release - rosewood lane starring rose mcgowan (planet terror),lesley - anne down and ray wise (jeepers creepers 2).

it's about rose mcgowans character (sonny) who's a night time radio host moving back into her old family home after many years and not long after her abusive father has died in an accident after falling down the stairwell to the cellar of the house.

shortly after sonny arrives to the house she encounters a rather strange young lad named derek (daniel ross owens) who turns out to be the local paperboy,when he approaches her about subscribing to his delivery service and she declines he starts to show some real signs of odd and aggresive behaivour towards her.

-
rose mcgowan(sonny)and daniel ross owens as derek aka psyhotic paperboy.

sonny becomes very concerned by all this and even more so after speaking to her elderly next door neighbour who warns her to stay well clear of the youngster telling her that not only did her father have confrontations with him but that he himself had seen the lad do things that were not humanly possible.

the fact that the rest of the street seem to live in fear of the paperboy and that they all owned dogs to try and keep him at bay just adds to her unease.
sonny starts to think was her fathers death really an accident after all.

-
you sure you want to cancel your newspaper subscription.

after all the negative reviews i read on this after receiving it thru the post from my online rental service i was thinking that i'd made a big mistake with it but after going into it expecting the worse i was pleasantly suprised.

ok it will definetly never be classed as a classic of the genre or come to that even as one of the better entries but it's a lot more enjoyable and entertaining than most of the 1 star reviews on the web would have you believe.

-

rose mcgowan gives a good performance as does ray wise as one of the investigating police officers,the twist ending was decent enough but if truth be told also very predictable,i told my wife how i thought it was going to end with about 30 minutes left on the clock and for once i was spot on.

so overall not bad and far better than most of the online reviews had led me to believe - 7/10.

-
http://youtu.be/a7biHTUVOQg - rosewood lane trailer.

[ 10. February 2015, 06:31: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smiley (halfway decent horror)
Blood Night: Legend of Mary Hatchet (again, halfway decent horror)

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
young warrior, I have Rosewood Lane in my netflix queue. I'm just waiting for a weekend when hubby goes away to camp to watch it- he does not like that type of movie.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw the Rolling Stones' concert video "Shine A Light", directed by Martin Scorsese, and released in 2008. Great movie!
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We watched Seven Psychopaths, starring Colin Ferrell, Christopher Walken and Sam Rockwell. YOu know it's gonna be good if Walken and Rockwell are both in it. A very offbeat movie, recommended to me by Motleyrulz.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
larry crowne

this movie keeps getting better every single time i see it. its like chinese food, you watch it, and in a short time your in the mood to watch it again soon, there are other chinese food movies out there, for me anyway, another would be the princess bride or the burbs to name a few off the top of my head.

what are some of your chinese food movies?

something interesting i noticed about this movie, is how everything seems to have a way of coming around, like the wheel of fortune, bad situations to good, for the heros, good to bad for the somewhat villains, even an actual wheel of fortune that panned out for crowne's neighbor. things mentioned earlier comeback around later, and i think this has something to do with tai chi, the flow of things, if im not mistaken, and tai chi in a way ties back into chinese food.

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
We watched Seven Psychopaths, starring Colin Ferrell, Christopher Walken and Sam Rockwell. YOu know it's gonna be good if Walken and Rockwell are both in it. A very offbeat movie, recommended to me by Motleyrulz.

I watched it and I thought it was average at best. I guess I am going against the reviews. Obviously P-Girl liked it and it got bang up reviews but I couldn't really get into it. From the start I thought it was promising and got a couple good laughs out of it, but overall I didn't really like it. It surprised me too because I like almost all the main actors in it. Let's see what others think.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
another point on larry crowne, and i may just be reading into it a bit much, but the song at the closing credits, calling america, is from the ELO album balance of power, maybe having to do with this whole idea of flow, as mentioned in such things as feng shui and tai chi, as i was saying things are starting to work out for larry crowne towards the end, its starting to balance out
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
Sinister (messed up ending)
Wrong Turn 5
Playback

I agree pettyfan i Watched sinister last night with my wife and we both thought the ending sucked!

Seems to be a common occurrence of late with a lot of modern horror,lovely molly another horror movie I watched a few weeks back was pretty decent up until about the last 10-15 and then finished with one of the most ridiculous endings I'd seen in a long time.

I think some of these directors & writers are on a bit of a wind up. [Big Grin]

[ 20. March 2013, 08:33: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
is it just me, or do all the hobbits have haircuts like dudley moore?
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dudley Moore was a hobbit, a fun hobbit.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
its funny, i had this thought while watching arthur, i also thought that gielgud reminded me of gandalf
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gielgud would have made a great Gandalf. Nice observation!
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally got a chance to see "Moneyball", by borrowing a DVD from my public library.

It's quite good, though a little bit overlong.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched "Mindhunters" from 2005 by Renny Harlin starring LL Cool J, Jonny Lee Miller, Kathryn Morris, Val Kilmer and Christian Slater. Very formulaic suspense thriller about a group of FBI rookies being targeted by a killer while on a remote location.
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Checked out "Max Payne" (2008) last night with Mark Wahlberg, as well as Mila Kunis, Beau Bridges, Ludacris and Chris O'Donnell.

This is once again, another worthless video game film which was toned down from an M rating on the games to a PG-13 in the movie, coming from the guy who had just made the new "Die Hard" movie (John Moore).

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel the other day - really enjoyed it, it's a quirky and interesting little movie which manages to get quite geeky without ever straying from the utterly childish...
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Dish - Ha, this was so quirky and fun [Big Grin]

-

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
American Psycho (2000)

-

A wealthy New York investment banking executive hides his alternate psychopathic ego from his co-workers and friends as he escalates deeper into his illogical, gratuitous fantasies. -- IMDb

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
"Donnie Darko" (2001) with Jake Gyllenhaal. Awesome mindbending film regarding a disturbed teenager living in 1988 and the depths of time travel.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

The Girl with The Dragon Tatoo- the U.S. version. Excellent movie- I can't wait for the next one in the series. I believe they are filming it now.
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy.

This was amaze  -

A 4 hour long documentary on all of the films except the remake. With many of the writers, directors, cast members. I was just gonna watch the first hour and before I knew it I looked at the time and was almost 3 hours in, it's that's good [Cool] Some parts had me laughing so hard, especially when they were talking about part 2. A must for any fans of the series.

-

There's loads of extras for me to get stuck into now, woohoo! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
That set me off into watching another good doco. This time the sheer lunacy of the "Video nasties" ( [Roll Eyes] ) bannings of the 80's, Video Nasties: Moral Panic, Censorship & Videotape.
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
That elm street documentary sounds awesome Helen and even more so the fact it doesn't include the remake.
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home