iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 68)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fright Night--pretty good!

No One Can Hear You (2001)--Very creepy movie that left me guessing who the killer was.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
127 Hours - I thought it was alright but not all that moving until it got to the last half an hour, then I bawled. That part was done so well.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ondine starring Collin Farrell. It was different.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love that film [Smile]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really liked Ondine, HelenS. The only problem was the sound quality was poor and there was no English closed- captioning. I read alot of complaints over at imdb about the same thing. I just thought I got a bad disc. I am borderline for a hearing aid and had a hard time hearing even though I had the volume on the tv up to 70.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Killers" (2010) with Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl. A very dull romantic action comedy where the two leads fail to generate sparks.
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
That sucks Pittsburghgirl. Got a few crappy dvds like that.

I just watched a pretty good flick, Criminal (2004) I like John C Reilly in his comedies but I love him in his straight roles a ton more. Didn't realise it was a remake till I just checked imdb, will have to check out the original [Smile]

Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eastern Promises (2007)

I kinda lost track of Cronenberg after eXistenZ, only seeing his more recent films when they happen
to be on television.
Eastern Promises was on Belgian television friday night.
Good crime saga about the Russian mob in London, great acting all-round.. still it would be great
to see Cronenberg return to his own style of warped horror for which he is known and loved.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Final Destination 5....they need to stop. Really. The cast was horrible and I didn't like the movie. The only good part was the ending.

Circle---pretty decent serial killer movie.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enter the Void (2010)

What a load of crap !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Trespass" (2011) starring Nicolas Cage and Nicole Kidman. A wealthy family being held hostage by a group of theives at their home. Directed by Joel Schumacher.

This movie is nasty and aggressive, more unpleasant than entertaining.

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spreadking
Master Rewinder
Member # 7280

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spreadking   Email Spreadking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

I enjoyed all three of these Swedish films. I could see myself spending seven full hours watching all three as they run together as if one movie.

Posts: 215 | From: Central TX | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride (2005)

Very enjoyable, very typically Tim Burton, and well made.

[ 08. February 2012, 01:26: Message edited by: P_a_u_l ]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spreadking:
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest.

I enjoyed all three of these Swedish films. I could see myself spending seven full hours watching all three as they run together as if one movie.

The Swedish films are great! The American version of "Tattoo," while well done, was an unecessary remake which brought nothing really new--except keeping stupid Americans from having to read subtitles--to the material.

My understanding is that the three films were actually longer and did run together as one mini-series in Sweden. (I think that it was called "Millenium.") The unedited series has not, as of yet, turned up anywhere with English subtitles, which is too bad because I would watch it too. [Smile]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by P_a_u_l:
Wery enjoyable, very tupically Tim Burton, and well made.

- You been drinking Paul?  -
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I just watched The Girl Who Played With Fire. I liked it even more than the first [Smile]
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
quote:
Originally posted by P_a_u_l:
Wery enjoyable, very tupically Tim Burton, and well made.

- You been drinking Paul?  -
Think you'll find he sounds more crazy when he hasn't been drinking.

You stopped drinking Paul?!

quote:
I just watched The Girl Who Played With Fire. I liked it even more than the first [Smile]
The first? 'The Girl Who Played With Water'?

'Take Me Home Tonight': Odd movie. The timeline was really hard to keep track of, and there was no reason for it to be a period piece (ditto 50% of movies set in the 80's). It was intermittently funny though.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Tron: Legacy': Parts of it were good, but overall the film felt too serious, too portentous, and just a bit dull. All the characters were flat. The best thing I can say is that it looked good (barring the bad CG of Jeff Bridge's face).
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
"Twisted" from 2004 starring Ashley Judd, Samuel L. Jackson and Andy Garcia. This movie sucks so bad. It is implausible, it is overheated and how could a good director like Philip Kaufman along the three main cast members find themselves attached to this mess?
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
Mariah Carey's "Glitter" (2001). A so-bad-its-good vanity project from Miss Carey, no wonder that movie bombed!
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
In A Dark Place (2006) - Laughably bad adaptation of The Turn Of The Screw.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the illusionist
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Bereavement
Voices
Terror Trap
Night of the Demons

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your Highness, a completely amazing movie experience. I watched the first 10 minutes without laughing once and asked myself whether it was possible that I would not laugh at all for the remaining 90 minutes. And I didn't! Just terrible, and what happens when you give Danny McBride and his buddies about $50 million to make a movie. Every joke is an unfunny variant on bad language, smoking dope, or juvenile sex concepts. James Franco, Zooey Deschanel, and Natalie Portman should all be ashamed. There is no way that this looked good on paper. It is one of the worst major studio films that I have seen in a long time.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Hahaha! I could imagine it being that bad from the clips.
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home