iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 62)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
buried with ryan reynolds

i DO NOT recommend it

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I liked that one. Took a bit to get used to, really felt like it was me in the box for a bit haha
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i stayed till the end, and found out i got nothing
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the ending [Razz]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Iron Man for the first time last week - really enjoyed it, but in a lot of ways it was not what I was expecting.

Also watched Scooby Doo with the kids - they loved it, I was kind of.... meh.... however SMG and Isla Fisher in a movie can't be all that bad!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mask Maker--surprisingly good horror flick

Dark Fields--again, surprisingly good (this was the Dark Fields with the Carradine guy---there's another one called Dark Fields that's horrid)

Never Cry Werewolf--liked this one a lot, and I haven't liked a werewolf movie since Silver Bullet

May--oh Mylanta!! I couldn't get thru it all---sooooo stupid!

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red State. I like Kevin Smith. I really do, and I keep thinking that someday he will do a film that will be a masterpiece and win lots of awards. This is not that film. There are some brilliant ideas and dialogue, Michael Parks gives an Oscar-worthy performance, and it is a really well-made film, not the typically static Smith thing. Yet, like just about every Kevin Smith film, it is directionless and runs out of steam in the last 20 minutes. It has no discernible focus. Is it supposed to be a satirical horror film? A condemnation of fundamentalists? A Ruby Ridge metaphor? I don't really know, nor do I really care. It's interesting enough, his most serious film yet, but I was left scratching my head. Pity...
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Smurfs (2011) The kids loved it i felt my mind wander a lot during the film i thought i would really like it cos i loved the Smurfs when i was a kid
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Red State. I like Kevin Smith. I really do, and I keep thinking that someday he will do a film that will be a masterpiece

Dogma is for me [Smile]
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kevin Smith movies i´ve seen are Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma and the brilliant Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Dogma" is a favorite, HS, and I do like "Chasing Amy" and "Jay and Silent Bob, aT. Still, he's not in the top echelon of filmmakers for me--likeable "yes," genius "no." But I do think that Smith writes some of the best, funniest dialogue around. He's like David Mamet or Quentin Tarantino. Sure, his dialogue is not "realistic" in that you hear people in life talking like that, but within the world of his movies, it's completely believable and very entertaining. That said, until this new one, "Red State," came along, Smith--even by his own admission--was a pretty terrible director. (In one of his stand-up routines, he even joked about how had he directed "The Green Hornet," he would have had the action scenes occur off-screen because he didn't know how to direct action scenes. Take a look at the car chase in his work-for-hire "Cop Out," for example. It's terribly filmed and edited.) Here, he's progressed by leaps and bounds into a truly mature director, at the expense of a clear focus in his screenplay, which, while making serious points, still has a heart of juvenalia. He just didn't add the chimp this time. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I haven't seen anything but Dogma. I did wanna see Red State. Will probably rent when available.

Simon Says - I really enjoy this tongue in cheek woods slasher with Crispin Glover playing evil twins [Smile]

Burnett
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9924

5 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Burnett   Email Burnett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scream 4, kind of needless movie without any original ideas. Entertaining at some moments though.
Posts: 87 | From: Belgium | Registered: Aug 2011 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Attack The Block

Fed up of seeing aliens fighting the military might of the good ole US of A? Then this is the movie for you! Inner city London is host to the invasion and its up to hoody's and drug dealers to fight off the menace using whatever 'tools' they can get their hands on.

Unfortunately comparisons to Shaun Of The Dead are inevitable but totally unfounded (Nick Frost and the British-ness of it are the only comparisons really!)

This is a fantastic movie and a unique experience. Only problem for my american friends is that they may struggle with some of the street language but don't let it put you off, this movie is definitely worth a watch!

Attack The Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
watched blitz with jason statham,i remember a lot of the critics saying they found the plot to be very cliched which i must admit it probably was , but trying to make a cop drama nowadays it's got to be near on imposible to come up with a fresh new take on things!

overall i really enjoyed it.

blitz trailer http://youtu.be/Cc6FVLaqlFM .

[ 12. September 2011, 15:07: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Insiduous (finally!) and the Thaw...both good.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Burnett
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9924

5 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Burnett   Email Burnett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Source Code. Very simple in one way, very complex in another... I Liked it.
Posts: 87 | From: Belgium | Registered: Aug 2011 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just finished watching this:

-

I was surprised at how much I actually enjoyed this. I'm not the biggest fan of Jake Gyllenhaal, but I thought he was excellent. Michelle Monaghan was great as well -- not to mention stunning...  -

It's also well worth picking up on Blu-ray -- it looks & sounds fantastic. Although the extras are on the slim side:

* Audio commentary with Jake Gyllenhaal, director Duncan Jones and writer Ben Ripley
* Cast and crew insights
* Focal points
* Expert Intel – The Science Behind Source Code
* Access Source Code: Trivia track

8/10

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unknown starring Liam Neeson. Pretty good flick.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pitts, I thought Unknown was ok...not bad.

I watched A Simple Plan the other night. I wouldn't watch it again. I thought it was ok to see once.

Another movie I saw, that I can't shut up about....Let Me In. Loved it!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Thor [Big Grin]
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
He's Just Not That Into You - Took me a bit to warm up to but then I really enjoyed the rest.
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lincoln Lawyer

Great movie!

Maybe I'm biased because courtroom drama movies are among my favourite genre and I love most movies like this. The cast were outstanding and the plot moved along nicely.

Highly recommended.

Noms Guilty [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i seen you again, i was thinking i was going to have alot of laughs, considering the cast, it just ended up being another contemporary piece.

cloris leachman doesnt show up till the end of the movie, so dont rent it expecting her to have a major role

pettyfan
Member # 2260

Noms, I agree--the Lincoln Lawyer was a great movie!
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home