iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 54)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
And that Bill Murray scene... well i think that he should have said thanks, but no thanks.

i feel the same way, aTomik.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really enjoyed "Zombieland".. though the Bill Murray cameo as you both pointed out was a bit over the top. Overall, it was a decent comedy/horror. Not a classic.. but decent.

And Crash.. I actually thought that "Chloe" was bizarre and quite entertaining (even though I figured it out early).. but wish I'd just watched it alone. I got some remarks from the peanut gallery on it fer sure. [Eek!]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked "Zombieland" too, though it's a poor cousin to the really funny and inspired "Shaun of the Dead."

Yeah, "Chloe" could inspire remarks from the peanut gallery. You got me thinking... Here's a potential thread, with examples from my own personal experience. Best 80's "date" film: My choice would be "Body Heat." Worst 80's "date" film: "Altered States" (If you've seen it, you'll know why.) [Smile]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Cop Out" (2010), the throwback-to-the-80s buddy cop film directed, but not written, by Kevin Smith, starring Bruce Willis and Tracy Morgan. I thought that it was a lot better than most folks said that it was, but why would anyone hire Kevin Smith as a director-for-hire? He's a wonderful, idiosyncratic writer, but by his own admission, not a great director. So let's hire him for his weak skill set??? Anyway, your fondness for "Cop Out" will depend on how much you like Tracy Morgan. Personally, I find him to be pretty funny most of the time. (Did you ever notice how he delivers every line exactly the same way in everything that he does? His kind of disaffected, mumbling, stream-of-consciousness, goofy deliver is hard to describe. But just watch an episode of "30 Rock"...) The film doesn't really work because it dwells too much on the action elements of the plot to be a comedy and is way too goofy to be an action film. It's ultimately just OK, but it does prove that Kevin Smith can direct a studio film if he wants to. (Not sure that he should again though...at least one that he didn't write.) I hope Smith got paid well!
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tangled (2010)

such a cute movie, felt like a broadway musical at times, i loved that. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie.. I saw the extended previews for "Tangled" at the theater before "Secretariat". It looked beyond cute and a film I definitely want to see.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

well then you 'definitely' need to get it and watch it! [Smile] i know you'll like it val. i 'liked it lots.'
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went to see "Water For Elephants" with my wife....we both really liked it....I'd reccomend!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Jonses - Demi moore,David Duchovaney - alright film about a fake family who by showing off there possesions makes people want to buy them making everyone money or something like that lol
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Next Three Days w/Russell Crowe. It was okay, just looooong!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hellraiser 6 (2002) not bad slightly complicated addition with a plus that Kirstys back in this one but she has not a huge part in it
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hellraiser 6...I think I saw that one...with Dean Winters?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

watched I Love You Phillip Morris with Jim Carrey and Ewan McGregor

8/10

Jim Carrey was excellent. funny in some parts and strange in others, but it was all about going to great lengths for love.. cute story. [Smile]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe that dude actually got life imprisonment. Maybe Crash can talk about this a bit.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
Legally Blonde 1 and 2 oh why? 1 is slightly better/funnier than 2 - 2 gets a bit boring
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
Hellraiser 6...I think I saw that one...with Dean Winters?

Thats the one he plays Trevor Kirstys naughty hubby
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Edge of Darkness starring Mel Gibson.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey pitt did you like that one?
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Good Package, I liked it. I thought the ending was fitting too.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

watched Blue Valentine with Michelle Williams and Ryan Gossling.

while the movie had some good performances, it wasn't anything to write home about. it's basically an interesting look at a couple who fall in love when they are young and how things take a turn of the course of time..relationship wise..

a lot of flashbacks in the movie...and it was sort of a downer.. [Frown]

pettyfan
Member # 2260

I watched Due Date--I thought it was funny, but it wasn't over-the-top good or anything.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Ronnie, I have Blue Valentine at the top of my Netflix queue. I just added it- I wasn't sure if I wanted to watch it knowing it was going to be kinda depressing. Who knows- I'm always switching up the order on my queue anyways. I am finally able to get Twin Peaks, so I might just put that up to the top too.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

We went to the theater to see Fast Five last night. I thought it was really good. I had only seent he first Fast and the Furious movie. I really didn't have any interest in the others.
My husband wanted to see the new Pirates movie,but when I told him it doesn't come out until next week, he relented and took me to see my other hunny, Paul Walker, lol.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

Pitts, let me know what you think of Blue Valentine. and i want to see Fast Five.. heard good things! i've seen all of the furious movies and i actually like them with the exception of part 2. i'm not a Vin Diesel fan, but i am definitely a Paul Walker fan! [Wink]
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
One hour photo(2002) Robin Williams- unusual film for williams as creepy photo lab guy but good movie
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home