iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 53)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i watched killer scarecrow movie husk http://youtu.be/8_mReKBvGig from the afterdark movie studios,turned out a pretty decent watch,didn't notice any recognisable faces in it but my wife did spot some actress in it who used to be in the aussie soap home and away. plus i watched wes craven's my soul to take http://youtu.be/RmByUgdi6wE ,mixed feelings about this one,did not find it to be as god awful as some critics would have me believe but the plot did have me scratching my head at times,plus unlike craven's earlier efforts there were no effective scare scene's to talk off! still i liked it a lot more than cravens cursed(2005) starring christina ricci.

[ 16. April 2011, 07:19: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hated My Soul to Take. I wanted my money back after that one.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
My wife did spot some actress in it who used to be in the Aussie soap Home and Away.

That is Tammin Sursok. She plays Natalie.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lovers with cassie what's bigger in australia-neighbours or home or away, or is it the young doctors lol http://youtu.be/C_4eaNhzdx8 cor! i can remember the young doctors from years ago,can't believe i used to run home from school to watch this! i must have had a real sad life!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Home and away rocks gawd i hate british soaps!
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
british soaps can be too depressing at times i think amaranth,i think neighbours and home and away seem to be a bit more bright and breezy and have not so much of the doom and gloom which british soaps tend to dwell on,which makes them that more fun!
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it's easy to hate British soaps when you live in Britain. Watching Neighbours and Home & Away feels like a mini-holiday to somewhere with better weather. I'm sure that people who live in other places don't view our soaps the way we do. Maybe the 'realism' would be appealing to an Aussie?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to love british and Aussie soaps. But I gave up on them all one by one as they're just on far too much now.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Crazy Heart last night- starring Jeff Bridges, Colin Ferrell, Robert Duvall and Maggie Gyllenhall. Excellent acting and I was surprised at how well Bridges and Ferrell sang. And I am not really a fan of country music. Maggie Gyllenhall still gets on my nerves, what with her slouching and hair tugging. What does she have against bras too, lol?!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Conviction- Hilary Swank-Good movie, didnt know it was a true story
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
I watched "Chloe" with friends.. wow.. somebody should have warned me. [Eek!]

The sad thing is that I thought it was an entertaining movie, though it was a bit uncomfortable to watch with friends. I figured it out early, but kept squirming in my seat worried Skip and Suzi had forgotten the party cups again.

Valley, I liked "Chloe" too. Then again, I really like Atom Egoyan's stuff most of the time. He's a fine world-class filmmaker though kind of cold and clinical sometimes, less so than usual in "Chloe." The extraordinarily overexposed Amanda Seyfried (does this gal take every script that comes her way, seven movies in the last three years!) is really pretty good in it. Now I'd like to see the French original "Nathalie." I'd be curious as to what your thoughts were on "Where the Truth Lies," which is a really polarizing Egoyan film.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Good German" (2006), Steven Soderbergh's black-and-white homage to all those Warner Brothers 1940's war-romance films with George Clooney, Tobey Maguire, and Cate Blanchett. Excellent looking and entertaining film, no great world beater by any means, but kind of like Soderbergh's "Kafka," interesting enough...
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get Him To The Greek.... [Embarrassed]

Didn't even laugh ONCE! 0/10

The International

Solid, and surprisingly competent euro thriller, starring Clive Owen and Sienna Miller, directed by german director Tom Tykwer. 7/10

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my wife went to see Arthur...hmmmm....a given that it wasn't as good as the original. I struggled through with hardly a laugh....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by amaranth:
Conviction- Hilary Swank-Good movie, didnt know it was a true story

Yeah, I just saw this too. It brought a tear to my eyes. A pretty good movie I thought. I love Sam Rockwell too.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:

The International

Solid, and surprisingly competent euro thriller, starring Clive Owen and Sienna Miller, directed by german director Tom Tykwer. 7/10

Yeah, JAYLEE, I won't even waste my time on any Russell Brand movies. and that stupid Jonah Hill is NOT funny! I guess producers figure "put a fat kid in the movie- that will make it funny". The International sounds interesting.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gangster No. 1= Awesome gangster flick!
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, P-girl, The International caught me by surprise. I just borrowed a stack of flicks from a buddy, and had little to no expectations at all. It's very mature and unassuming, unlike most Hollywood movies of that ilk. Good actors, good dialogue, intelligent script, and suspenseful without having to resort to car chases and big explosions every five minutes.

I guess you could call it an action thriller for adults..... not many of those around anymore [Frown]

Loosely based on the BCCI bank scandal of the late 80's- early 90's.

Correction, it was Naomi Watts, not Sienna Miller... can't tell those blonde wafes apart [Smile]

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:

The International

Yeah, JAYLEE, I won't even waste my time on any Russell Brand movies. and that stupid Jonah Hill is NOT funny! I guess producers figure "put a fat kid in the movie- that will make it funny". The International sounds interesting.
I would rather hang myself than watch anything with these useless losers in. Russel Brand is a pathetic deadbeat who is not funny in the least. Absoloute hack. Jonah Hill, same but add fat too the list.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
the steam experiment (2009) about twitching psychotic val kilmer locking half a dozen people in a steam room,then watching them slowly losing the plot (just like the viewer)as the temperature rises.dear oh dear! how did this one go so wrong,with the likes of val kilmer and eric roberts as well as armande assante,ok i know there best years are probably behind them all but it's still sad to see the likes of val kilmer (top secret,spartan,real genius)and eric roberts who gave one of the most convincing performances i've seen in 1983's star 80 reduced to such drivel like this! plus it's got one of the worse cop out endings to boot i've seen for quite sometime! both my wife and i looked at each other quite puzzled! steam experiment trailer - http://youtu.be/3ecn5IxLbR4 .

[ 22. April 2011, 05:45: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enchanted - Adorable  -
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yogi Bear [Smile]
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
Prince of Persia- Jake Gyllenhal (sp) quite an enjoyable movie, even though based on a game (my son has the game and said it was completely different) Had a good story which will keep you hooked to the end
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Scream 4--I quite enjoyed it.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched Zombieland (2009) last saturday.
It was ok but nothing special. Just not scary/funny enough...
And that Bill Murray scene... well i think that he should have said thanks, but no thanks.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home