iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 34)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went and saw The Crazies last week. I enjoy scary movies but this one for me felt like it had been done a thousand times before. I did giggle through a lot if the movie. The poor man infront of me was trying to act all tough for his date, but he screamed and jumped at everything. There is a classic scene with a keyhole and jumping induced music. When this guy jumped ten feet, I couldn't help but laugh outloud. To this, half the theater turned to look at me like I was the crazy one!
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(500) Days of Summer
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FINALLY saw THE HANGOVER and I hated it! Didnt laugh once! Im on the mend though so I was toitally sober, hahaha. Maybe you need to be lit to enjoy these kind of movies?

I find Comedys the hardest movies to enjoy, especailly NEW Comedys. It really takes a certain kind of humor to make me laugh and this wasnt it.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
(500) Days of Summer

aaaaaaaaand..? what did you think? [Big Grin]

i love that movie.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
FINALLY saw THE HANGOVER and I hated it! Didnt laugh once! Im on the mend though so I was toitally sober, hahaha. Maybe you need to be lit to enjoy these kind of movies?

i felt the same way. it did have some funny moments where i did laugh, but very disappointed. perhaps intoxication would help but don't plan on seeing it again so...
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me and my wife went to see "She's Out Of My League" last night...expectations were not really high...and...we both really liked it. A bit of an 80's feel to it, with one of the main characters even being in a Hall and Oates cover band....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rented FANTASTIC MR FOX to watch with my daughter and she ended up doing something with her friend instead so I had a couple of glasses of wine and watched it. I enjoyed it! Truthfully, its more of a grown up movie than a kids movie anyway.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somersault (2004). Abbie Cornish, Sam Worthington, Lynette Curran, Nathaniel Dean, Erik Thomson, Leah Purcell, Hollie Andrew, Olivia Pigeot. An adolescent who runs away from home after her mother catches her kissing the mother's boyfriend ends up undergoing a series of sexual experiences with men. Through these, she learns the difference between copulation and love.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Extract with Jason Batemen, Ben Affleck, Mila Kunis and a host of familiar faces. Funny, on a par with Idiocracy though not as good as Office Space.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bangkok Dangerous with nicolas cage it was okay i have seen better from cage never even heard much about this flick only got one star in the t.v. guide but it was on the movie channel last night so we decided to check it out couldn't believe how bad cage looked in this film also i think it was his hair as it was dyed black for the movie?
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Armored starring Matt Dillon and Lawrence Fishburne, and Couples Retreat (I actually was sleep-watching that one). Don't bother renting either one. They both sucked.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
saw a foreign movie (horror) called martyrs...and omg it really frightened me big time and i dont get scared easily. If you havnt seen it and you want to be genuinly scared then see this...its not really gory at all compared to some movie.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
I rented FANTASTIC MR FOX to watch with my daughter and she ended up doing something with her friend instead so I had a couple of glasses of wine and watched it. I enjoyed it! Truthfully, its more of a grown up movie than a kids movie anyway.

haha god this post made me laugh. Ima teacher and i just finished reading the book to my class and they really liked it. i watched it with them and i think i liked it more than them so its good to see someone else own up to this. thanks.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Men Who Stare At Goats. I want my dollar and change back Redbox......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Faith No Motley:
The Men Who Stare At Goats. I want my dollar and change back Redbox......

Lmao. Did you really think that it was gonna be any good? It seems that if Clooney is in a movie, it's automatically gonna suck, except for that one where he played the escaped prisoner and was in the bluegrass band (can't think of the name of it.)
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pitts...it's "Oh Brother Where Art Thou". I also like Clooney in "Welcome To Collinwood". I actually like George in comedies, but not in much else...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
yeah kev i think i may have to disagree my friend about clooney there - i dislike him in comedy and find him to have a more micheal douglas feel to him. But having said that i find him funny in movies such as oceans 11 - his demeanour just seems to say -nothing can bother me.
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
phew only 20 more posts to crack 100 - man how do people do over 4000 my god!!!???
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to be like George Clooney when I grow up, practice my chin-down-smirk every day... [Wink]

But I've got a lot of George Clooney films in my collection including 'The Men Who Stare At Goats' pre-ordered. 'Syriana' is his best IMO closely followed by 'Out Of Sight' and 'Solaris'.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Meh. Id raher make out with him then watch his movies. He was great as MR FOX though! LOL!

I watched ZOMBIELAND last night and while it was pretty good it wasnt as fabulous as I thought it would be. A lot of horror fans I know cited it as the best movie of last year. Thats too much praise, I think.

J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie,

I thought (500)Days of Summer was pretty decent. I'm a big fan of 'The Smiths' and 'Belle & Sebastian', so enjoyed hearing them numerous times throughout the movie.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Went to see the "Clash Of The Titans" remake...I enjoyed it.
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Messengers - This film had me in hysterics  -
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched 2012 last night,and fairly unimpressed with it.The effects are good but that is about all it has going for it the film is far to long at 2 and a half hours for the script and plot it uses.
Also Danny Glover is terrible as the President in it,now i really like him in his earlier stuff but now days he seems to of developed a style of acting that just involves whispering all the time.
Then we move on to John Cusack now he is without a doubt one of my favorite 80's actors but his style of acting is just so wrong for this sort of film,he just can't do action very well.

The end of the world plot is ok but it has been so many times before and without wanting to spoil this for anyone this film offers nothing new to the genre.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched Sherlock Holmes and was surprised.
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home