iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Last 20** movie you HAVE seen (Page 33)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  95  96  97   
Author Topic: Last 20** movie you HAVE seen
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't wait to see Shutter Island.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is Shutter Island supposed to be horror or suspense or mystery, or a combination of all?
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
Is Shutter Island supposed to be horror or suspense or mystery, or a combination of all?

"Shutter Island" is meant to be a psychological thriller/mystery, Pittsburghgirl.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shutter island is #1 this week at the box office can't wait to see it now!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:

Pitt, I know you like to read...you should read the book. It is awesome!! I read it several years ago.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
Is Shutter Island supposed to be horror or suspense or mystery, or a combination of all? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face=""Century Gothic", Verdana, Arial">Pitt, I know you like to read...you should read the book. It is awesome!! I read it several years ago.

I will look for it when/if I get to the library anytime soon. Thanks petty!
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Last 00's movie I watched was Terminator Salvation. I didn't really like it. For a Terminator movie, it was slow moving. I dunno, it was just missing something; I can't put my finger on it.
Next up: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, and FINALLY I got The Hurt Locker, from Netflix!

pettyfan
Member # 2260

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs is cute...it doesn't follow the children's book at all, but it's cute.
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LAW ABIDING CITIZEN. Oh how I hated it. My husband liked it though.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Law Abiding Citizen was terrible. I like Gerard Butler but not a Jamie Foxx fan. Butler's been picking some awful roles here lately......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Yeah, he's in that movie coming out with Jennifer Aniston, another tool. What is the attraction with her? Why is she in every other movie that comes out anymore? I don't see her acting as any better than anyone else.
Hey Motley, I know you don't like Leno, but when he interviewed Gerard Butler last year, I was lmfao. He is a really funny guy!

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to see THE WOLFMAN (it was good) and the ad for that Gerard Butler Jen Aniston movie wnet on and I let out an audible moan. is it just me or are her movies TERRIBLE?!
I dont think Ive ever seen him in anything before LAW ABIDING CITIZEN and I hated him in thta, although in all fairness I hated his charactor in general so maybe it wasnt HIM, y'know? I read somewhe3re he's supposed to be some kind of sex symbol and honestly I dont see it at all! (Then again Benicio DelToro is supposed to be one too and I think he's fug!)

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

-

6/10

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

Went to the movies and saw Shutter Island. It is an awesome movie!! I'd highly recommend it.
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched The Hurt Locker last night have to say only rate it as an ok film nothing great,seems to be a film you are expecting something to happen in and it never really does and some of the action scenes are so predictable because you have seen it all before.
Still worth a watch but nothing great.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs last night. It was good.
Also watched the Hurt Locker on Friday. I loved it, even though it was somewhat "Hollywood-ized".

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I FINALLY saw The Hangover, after waiting for it for three stinking months to get it from Netflix. WTH, did the Pittsburgh distributor for Netflix only get one copy of it? I had it at the top of my queue before it was even released on dvd. Anyhoo, I loved it,and my hubby loved it too. I have not seen him laugh so hard in a lonnnng time!
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Im in NY andmy NETFLIX wont let me have THE HANGOVER yet so you aint alone. They must have sprung for one copy. Hahaha
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw a couple of subtitled movies not long ago one being Pans Labarynth, if you have not seen this movie it is a must see for any 80s lovers, its not an 80s movie but youll see some kind of neverending story, adventure type of element to it that you could only get from 80s movies.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Yes. Very good movie. It made me CRY! (PANS LABRYNTH)
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glad to see your a fan of it. I was really captivated by it, i wonder if it would be any good in english?? Ive seen some really good foreign films lately here are some you may really like
1. Amalie -french
2. He loves me he loves me not - french
3. let the right one in - sweedish or norwegian
all of these are just remarkable movies and i wouldnt be surprised if youve already seen amalie

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched Amelie the other week, great film [Smile] Need to see Let the right one in.

Welcome to the boards oneyedwilly [Smile]

Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Brooklyn's Finest'

Another great 'cop' movie from Antoine Fuqua who directed 'Training Day'. This movie has several surprises to it along with great character development.

Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by There'll be no morning for us:
I just watched Amelie the other week, great film [Smile]

i have the dvd and have not watched it yet but i really want to. it's been recommended often. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by There'll be no morning for us:
I just watched Amelie the other week, great film [Smile] Need to see Let the right one in.

Welcome to the boards oneyedwilly [Smile]

thanks for the welcome, glad you liked Amelie. I think a lot of great films get unnoticed by over half the world, seeing as half of the world speak fluent english and dont bother with italian, norweigian, german or french films at all. Let the right one in was well done. The characters had depth and thats one thing i look for in a great movie. I had no idea what it was about when i saw it so i got a little shock really.
  This topic comprises 97 pages: 1  2  3  ...  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ...  95  96  97   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home