iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » The Love Guru

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Love Guru
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and son are at the movies right now seeing this movie...they asked me to go, but I couldn't do it....

I have no clue where it even came from...it seemed like it should have been created out of a character from SNL...but Mike Myers isn't even on there any more.

I haven't watched Saturday Night Live in forever...remember how cool it use to be, and how many movies were spun off of characters from it.

I always wanted to know what happened to Father Guido Sargucci....does anyone know?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS asked:
quote:
...I always wanted to know what happened to Father Guido Sarducci....does anyone know?
Father Guido Sarducci was played by one of SNL's early writers, Don Novello. Novello also created the SNL sketches about the Olympia Diner, a greasy-spoon diner that served nothing but cheesburgers, chips, and Pepsi.

He left after the original cast left, but came back to SNL in the mid-80's.

He also created a ficitional character named Lazlo Toth and wrote a couple of books using this character's name and persona while writing letters to people. The most famous are "The Lazlo Letters" and "Citizen Lazlo". They are both fairly amusing.

He has revived his Father Sarducci character on occasion during other TV shows or personal appearances.

I guess Novello is to Father Sarducci what Sasha Baron Cohen is to his "Borat" character! Taking a different persona and running with it. [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved Father Sarducci's cameo in Casper, where the ghosts give him an entirely different view of life.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
Loved Father Sarducci's cameo in Casper, where the ghosts give him an entirely different view of life.

That's the movie!
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home