iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » The Bucket List

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Bucket List
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just watched it. I loved it. For a new movie I highly recommend seeing it. Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman are such great actors.
It is a pretty self explanatory movie...they both have cancer, and they meet in the hospital, they make up a list of all the things they want to do before they die.

What I liked about it...is that it makes you think about your own life, and what you want to accomplish or do before your time is up. I have always sort of had an invisible list in my own mind of all the things I want to do before I die, I really have done most of them. I have been super lucky.

There's somethings I have no desire to do, that they stuck on their list...I have no desire to skydive....I'll leave that to deathbystereo80 (she's already been there and done that), and I never want a tattoo.....

One of the things Morgan Freeman asked Jack Nicholson was a question someone said to him about asking yourself if you have expierenced Joy in your life, and then if other people have experienced joy by knowing you...and I really think that is a good way to live your life.

I thought the movie was really well done, it is the kind of movie I wish they made more of, it was just a plain movie about someone's life....and it wasn't all full of flashy effects and violence.

I thought it would be a good topic....to see what everyone would like to do in their life time before they kick the bucket.

I have got to be friends with my childhood idol, so that was a huge thing on my list for me.
I have been to about 20 states-including Hawaii-I think it would be cool to say I have been to all 50. I have a long way to go on that one.
I am planning a trip to Bermuda this coming year-so that will be my first time outside of the United States. I have flown in a helicopter, I have been to the top of the Empire State Building, I have broken my ankle, I have had stitches, I have had surgery....I am a mom...so I have experienced all that stuff..

I have never smoked a cigarette-and never want to.

I have never scuba dived or gone snorkeling-and I don't want to..I have a huge fear of deep water, and I am scared of lightening.

So....everyone else...what are some of the things you want to do...and what are things you'd never do ?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nicholson & Freeman are two of the most consistently good actors around. Even if the movie fails they always give 110%.

I might have to check this one out.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS:

Your "bucket list" needs to include two more things:

1. Get drunk!
2. See "The Hugga Bunch"!

...then your life is complete! [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I highly recommend she do #1 and #2 AT THE SAME TIME! Then - and ONLY then - will she know true "joy"!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmmmm........I'm thinking about it....

I know both will make me throw up....so I have to gear up for it.

[Big Grin] [Razz]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:

[Big Grin] [Razz]

Bring a bucket! That's what it's for! [Smile]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I'll put that on my "List". [Razz]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I mentioned this song in another thread, I forgot it was from this movie.

Here's the video, it has alot of clips from the movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzNkQniE4ZE&feature=related

The only bad thing about the movie, is that Jack Nicholson is a multi millionaire, and it does come across that if you have all the money you need ....you can just about live out any fantasy and do anything you can ever think up...which is unrealistic for most people. I liked that Morgan Freeman had a more "meaningful" list of stuff he wanted to do.

In the end....what's it all matter anyway.

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:

[Big Grin] [Razz]

-
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it yesterday with my Mom and we both loved it (and we both cryed). I had the same qualm though: Sure, its easy to live out your fantasys IF you're a multi-millionaire....but in the end I think they showed that SPOILERS rich as "Jack" was "Morgan" had led a more fullfilling life.END OF SPOILERS
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home