iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » The Incredible Hulk

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Incredible Hulk
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got back from seeing this. I went into it with pretty low expectations, with Ed Norton being the main factor in me wanting to see it. But I really enjoyed it, not a dull moment in it and the CGI didn't grate on me anywhere near as much as I thought it would.

Anyone else seen it?

[ 17. June 2008, 05:58: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great movie. The Hulk still looked very real considering he was CGI. Action packed non stop....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i saw yesterday, it was great. edward norton did an awesome job!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Edward Norton always does an awesome job.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! I've gotta see it now... Ed Norton is good in everything. Did you see him in American history X?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120586/

Intense...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Norton is great...The Score, Primal Fear, Rounders, The Illusionist and many more.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay a Norton lovefest [Big Grin] I like him best in Fight Club.

Yeah, certainly is Jdoc. There's one scene in that film that I just could never watch again tho, I feel sick just to think about it *gags*

Btw I thought it was cool how Lou Ferrigno had a cameo in this new film [Smile]

[ 15. January 2011, 08:59: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love edward norton and american history x was a terrific film. i know how good he is, i just was hesitant to see him as the hulk, but it worked [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:
Cool! I've gotta see it now... Ed Norton is good in everything. Did you see him in American history X?

Intense...

Yeah!! he played a brilliant part in that, Its prob my fav film he's been in!! As well as Fight Club that is!!
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
"You wouldn't like me when I'm...hungry" Hehe, that made everyone laugh out loud in there [Smile]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never liked Edward Norton in anything but the movie "Primal Fear".

I don't think anyone can be that part to me except Bill Bixby-who I totally loved as David Banner.

My husband and son are going to see this movie tomorrow night...I am going out of town ...over night...with some of my friends...so I am spared having to go see it.

My son's friend said he loved it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

i am going to watch the movie again this week with a friend who hasn't seen it. hulk and iron man were just awesome. marvel certainly knows what they are doing!!

i cannot wait for the avengers (in another 2 years, is it?)!! [Big Grin]

Princess Pooh
Master Rewinder
Member # 5798

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Princess Pooh   Email Princess Pooh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it's as boring as the first one, count me out!!!!!
Posts: 156 | From: London | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's nothing like the first one there's actual acting talent in this one. And anyone who simply decides to skip it because they fear modernism or anything post 89 is doing themself a disservice. I don't see how someone can judge something without giving it a chance. If I went by alot of previews or who was in what, I'd never watch anything. I guess some things never change...........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw it last Saturday and it's really good! I like =) EN did a very good job!!
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and son said they loved it. They said they played the old music from the TV show, and they said they liked the scene with Lou Ferrigno. They did say it was kind of boring in a couple places.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not a big fan of comic book movies (though I loved the Punisher, with Thomas Jane...I know I'm probably alone on that! [Wink] ), but I do think Edward Norton is a good actor. I'm with nowheregirl...American History X was a great, gritty film. There are a lot of actors and actresses I don't like, but if I think the movie will be good, I'll watch it. Previews don't always show the best parts of movies anyway. I never would've seen Sling Blade if I hadn't decided to ignore the previews and just rent the movie, and now it's one of my favorites. Sometimes you just gotta let go...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
I never would've seen Sling Blade if I hadn't decided to ignore the previews and just rent the movie, and now it's one of my favorites.

I agree with you on Sling Blade...Billy Bob did some job with that one.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I've gotta see it! [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
I never would've seen Sling Blade if I hadn't decided to ignore the previews and just rent the movie, and now it's one of my favorites.

"I like them French fried potaters" hahahaha [Smile]
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sling Blade is a great movie.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Watched this again, just as enjoyable second time around [Big Grin]
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
Watched this again, just as enjoyable second time around [Big Grin]

I havnt seen any of the hulk movies but admire both eric banner and ed Norton...which one did you like more?
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I quite enjoyed parts of that much hated 2003 one, but this one is far better for me.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home