iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » STAR WARS - Family Guy BLUE HARVEST

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: STAR WARS - Family Guy BLUE HARVEST
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recently saw the fantastic Family Guy Star Wars spoof,Blue Harvest.i found it just the funniest thing ive seen in ages,hilarious one liners and terrific sight gags,yet it still managed to be a superb tribute to the great movie itself.
But just one thing bugged me....with all the clever little gags that poked fun at the original Star Wars,did anyone else feel that there was a missed opportunity to poke fun at the re-released special editions of the movie at the moment Peter (as Han Solo) shot Greedo first????Thats the one scene that really bugged every single star wars fan alive when they saw the special editions,all of a sudden Han didnt shoot first and Greedo is clearly a lousy shot at close range!!Awful awful awful ruining of a previously classic moment.So for me that scene was crying out for ridicule in Family Guy..but it never happened.I cud even hear Peter in my head shouting something bout shootin first.Everything else was lovingly mocked except that bit.Wouldve been brilliant too.oh well its still dead funny.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally loved this! I had missed it and rented it from NETFLIX. Im not a huge fan of FAMILY GUY but this I was so happy with! (My husband and daughter were disappointed, but I'm not taking my daughters opinion seriously on this one cuz she has never sat through STAR WARS all the way through so OF COURSE the jokes wont work!)

I loved when they were in The Cantina Bar and the band finished their song and then played the same song again!

Peter and the couch!

The GREY PUPON spoof!

The orchestra getting iced and having to be replaced with DANNY ELFMAN!

When Lois/Lea said "Aren't you a little fat to be a stormtrooper?" and Chris/Luke said "Fine , stay here and rot you stuck up *****!"

For me at least the whole thing was hilarious and really didnt have any big sore spots (well, okay, MAYBE they could have found a bigger role for Meg!) About a month after I rented it they palyed it on TV and I watched it again. My husband was like "Didnt you just SEE that?" Yeah- but its FUNNY!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i enjoyed this i did not see this on tv a freind of mind has it on dvd and i was over at his house and we watched it so i got to see it
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Greatest Spoof EVER. If they make one with the Empire Strikes Back Next year that would be amazing.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Devolution:
Greatest Spoof EVER. If they make one with the Empire Strikes Back Next year that would be amazing.

Well, prepare to be amazed! The Family Guy crew are currently working on an Empire spoof that could possibly air next season.

Boba Fett will be played by the Giant Chicken!

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Family Guy is too much hit-and-miss in my opinion. They come up with some funny stuff but a lot of their jokes fall really flat or they try to milk it too much.

I still feel that South Park is the most consistently funny show on TV.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home