iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Devo's Take on American Reunion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Devo's Take on American Reunion
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Yeah, I remember being 24. I remember going to see this movie that was supposed to be the "Teen Movie of the New Millenium". And by a slim margin, it was the second best teen movie of the 90's (Can't Hardly Wait wins that). American Pie brought teens back to the theater to see what they had been missing for a long time. The possibility of young adult friskiness and crude humor was a massive draw.

I loved it, I quoted it, I bought it. I watched it entirely too many times. And then... I saw the second one, much lamer than the first one. Same jokes, cruder humor and more nudity.

The third one I'm not contractually allowed to talk about. It sucks and that's all you need to know.

But American Reunion was a pleasant surprise. They could have really made it dumb, and they didn't. They did a good job. They didn't concentrate on everyone, they concentrated on the main 5 characters.

They brought everyone back for cameo's. They did a decent job on the soundtrack. I don't want to give a lot away, but in general, if you liked the first one, this does a great job it tying everything together.

Watch out for Rebecca DeMornay. Talk about good genes.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the review Devo. I have it in my queue, but my husband wasn't really interested. Maybe he'll change his mind.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stiggs
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never seen it, Devo, but maybe I'll take a look after your recommendation. I think I saw it on netflix a while back.
| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home