iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » 21C Movies » Day of the Dead...the remake

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Day of the Dead...the remake
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious if anyone saw this or not.....

It wasn't quite the trainwreck I thought it was going to be, but it wasn't too far off. It started off as ok...but by the last 20 minutes you'll think its being directed by a 14 year old with the "monster movie cliche' handbook" open in front of him.

With lines that were clearly written by soundbytes-r-us.

And yet...I didn't shut it off...I watched to the end...the completely abusurd end...but the end nontheless.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, i'm a big zombie movie fan, and so i thought it was pretty cool. (i know, they weren't zombies, more like infected...) there wasn't anything spectacular about the movie though. when you say "cliche".. i know what you mean. but i actually welcomed that. i tried to imagine it as something from the 80s and it helped.

i like it, overall. i wouldn't mind seeing it again, even. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love zombie movies and I had no idea this was being remade.

I never liked Day of the Dead, but I watched it again recently and finally enjoyed it. It was actually a very smart movie with some interesting ideas to communicate.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, just make sure you dont bother with Diary of the Dead...its bad beyond words.
Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

33 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awwww diary of the dead just had extremely bad acting and the indie spin on it, was a bit hard to swallow. but i can appreciate it somewhat, as a romero fan. towards the end, the movie had gotten a lot better for me. some of the characters were crappy as well. but i have seen some really awful zombie b-movies that DOD couldn't compare to.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 33  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home