iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » MI-4 - Ghost Protocol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MI-4 - Ghost Protocol
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Ethan Hunt and his impromptu team are racing against time to track down a dangerous terrorist, who has gained access to Russian nuclear launch codes and is planning a strike on the United States. An attempt by the team to stop him ends horribly, forcing the President to invoke Ghost Protocol, under which the IMF is disavowed, and will be offered no help or backup in any form. Undaunted, Ethan and his team continue to chase the terrorists around the globe.

-

MI-4 is one of the more entertaining action movies that I've seen in a long time and might be the best of the series. I know Tom Cruise takes a ton of heat for his personal beliefs and actions a few years back, but I'm still a huge fan of his movies and this one is one of his best.

-

The cast is outstanding with Cruise, Paula Patton, Simon Pegg, and Jeremy Renner. The story was intriguing and the cinematography was incredible. The mixture of drama, humor, and action was handled quite well.

-

Pegg was hilarious, but Patton totally held her own and came across as sexy and intelligent. I only knew her from the movie "Deja Vu", but now I'm interested in her other work.

I'm trying to not say too much about the details of the movie, but if you decide to go ... please try to see it at an IMAX theater. This movie was made for IMAX!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once again i have to promote our little country [Cool]
One of the bad guys (Wistrom) is played by a Finnish actor, Samuli Edelmann.

It will be strange to see him in such a high caliber movie [Smile]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

aTomik.. Wistrom was one bad dude .. you should definitely go see MI-4.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love your post, Valley. Fun movie. [Smile] I thought Pegg and Renner were awesome, as well as Cruise.

I say, they should do it all over again!

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice post Val dude. Saw this on opening weekend, liked it a lot but think the series is becoming very episodic and needs a new slate of chracters next time.

Cruise was great as usual but I would have liked to have seen more of the sub-plot between Paula Patton and Léa Seydoux. Especially since they spent some time building it up and then it was all over in one short scene.

The Bruj Khalifa climb was brilliantly done, with a great blend of suspense, action and humour. A cool movie overall and a worthy addition to the saga [Cool]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like Cruise, annoying runt. I wouldn't be interested in seeing it after 3.
Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home