iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Stardust

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stardust
phatpants
Rewinder
Member # 5784

17 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for phatpants         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now...first up, don't get me wrong all you fantasy movie lovers. Stardust was a decent enough effort (grade 'A' special effects do help a lot) but there were so many ideas lifted from other fantasy movies that it just made this film too unoriginal for it's own good. Neil Gaiman is one of the greatest writers of the century, but it's blatantly obvious that the screenplay writers were not as "inspired" as he was when he wrote the novel. The ghostly Princes reminded me of the spirits roaming the halls of Hogwarts in the Harry Potter movies. Prince Septimus reaked of Indigo Montoya from The Princess Bride. Michelle Pfieffer's evil witch had a startling similarity to Jean Marsh's Queen Bavmorda from Willow. Hell...even Robert De Niro's flying pirate vessel was lifted straight out of The Mummy Returns. Honestly, if I wanted to see these films I'd just rent them all seperately. This movie is a prime example of what happens when you let too many writers share the pen! Is there no originality left in the world anymore? Perhaps this movie would have benefitted from a solo effort from Gaiman in the writing department! ** out of ***** from me.
Posts: 42 | From: Encom Mainframe | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 17  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hated it. Never read the book though......
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home